• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Philippo

Manchester is also a city in New Hampshire. So no.

I am so, so glad a dragon just crashed through the ceiling.

I actually thought "well i'm sure there is a city in america with the same name but maybe hems doing this to differentiate Deku's fight style from All Might's?" but its probably the one you said lol

I'd suggest a thematic thing where Deku's Smashes aren't yet big enough to warrant whole states, just cities, but I haven't actually kept track of any he might have said.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'd suggest a thematic thing where Deku's Smashes aren't yet big enough to warrant whole states, just cities, but I haven't actually kept track of any he might have said.

Checking the Wiki, he did Detroit Smash a couple times, then there was the 1 million% Delaware Detroit Smash on Muscular.

All Might's Smash names aren't entirely consistent. It looked like Detroit Smash was stronger than Texas Smash (changed the weather)

DNAbro

Uravity and Froppy here to save the day. Couldn't have asked for something better. Wondering if this Aizawa being captured thing is going any where.

MCD

Disappointing.

This was Deku's time to shine and yet we are constantly getting told that he doesn't deserve his powers and fucking filler (read Aizawa).

vkrili

Yeah, Deku will absolutely not get to do anything to prove himself, just like how the girls were going to get completely off-screened, right

MCD

Yeah, Deku will absolutely not get to do anything to prove himself, just like how the girls were going to get completely off-screened, right

What will frog girl do? Ribbit Ribbit Overhaul? lol

Ochako is helpful for sure.

Chase17

Climax of this arc has been losing me since the Mirio chapter. Glad the girls back though so that should help.

Now that Nighteye has stated that he saw Deku and himself dying it will bug me to no end when they won't. Since it has been pretty well established that whatever he says happens one way or another.

Mirio failed to convince Eri. Things get worse for him lol.
Where's Nejire
Someone had to stay behind and finish of that last bullet.

I'm going to say she meets up with Mirio.

caliph95

Climax of this arc has been losing me since the Mirio chapter. Glad the girls back though so that should help.

Now that Nighteye has stated that he saw Deku and himself dying it will bug me to no end when they won't. Since it has been pretty well established that whatever he says happens one way or another.

Mirio failed to convince Eri. Things get worse for him lol.

Someone had to stay behind and finish of that last bullet.

I'm going to say she meets up with Mirio.
It's hard to tell with the art but the the girls and Dragon Lady crashed in with the bullet

We all doubters need to eat crow, I knew that the girls would save the day.

You mean the traitor? I am joking, I think she is going to save Aizawa.
I thought Kaminari is the traitor

MrCinos

Sooner or later Deku will get his chance to shine since he became #1 eventually. So i'd rather see more from side characters as much as possible. Heck, I'd love to see a major arc without Deku's direct involvement at all.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Sooner or later Deku will get his chance to shine since he became #1 eventually. So i'd rather see more from side characters as much as possible. Heck, I'd love to see a major arc without Deku's direct involvement at all.

What will happen is that he'll go through some intense off screen training, and we'll have an arc focused on other characters, it almost ends badly for them, when *boom*

"It's alright. I am here!" Deku comes in fully capable of using O4A 50% without a hassle. He then wrecks house.

MrCinos

What will happen is that he'll go through some intense off screen training, and we'll have an arc focused on other characters, it almost ends badly for them, when *boom*

"It's alright. I am here!" Deku comes in fully capable of using O4A 50% without a hassle. He then wrecks house.

Why does it need to be off-screen training on his part? He can train or do less important tasks at the same time while anyone else's playing leading part in a separate operation.

While I am disappointed Deku didn't have any major impact in this fight, it also shows the gap between Mirio and Deku strength and experience and reminds us that Deku is still basically a rookie and nowhere near being a pro.

Glad the girls dropped in, hopefully we"ll see some action from them.

Chase17

Dragon Lady seems like a bad matchup against Chisaki.

Tsuyu, however, has no weakness and should be able to take him on one versus one.

LotusHD

Banned

Veelk

Banned
Veelk will no doubt be excited by the end of this chapter.

I'm pretty sure the fight is basically over at this point. This is basically just gonna be a reason for Overhaul to haul ass and get out of there. I doubt that they're going to actually fight.

Still, the more I see of Dragon Lady, the better. Fucking awesome quirk.

Froppy's got a super versatile powerset so I could see it being argued that she's got no real glaring weaknesses, but she also doesn't have a lot of strengths compared to the more specialized/flashy quirks.

I think Nejire is gonna break Overhaul's ass tbh. She's got actual ranged attacks which is something the team that made it to Chisaki lacked.

Chase17

I'm pretty sure the fight is basically over at this point. This is basically just gonna be a reason for Overhaul to haul ass and get out of there. I doubt that they're going to actually fight.

Still, the more I see of Dragon Lady, the better. Fucking awesome quirk.

Nighteye did see him getting away after all.

DNAbro

Nighteye did see him getting away after all.

Maybe he does get away, takes Eri but is stopped by whatever Toga and Twice are doing. The only way I can see that prediction that Deku and Nighteye die not coming true other than "this is shonen so fuck fate", is that a Twice clone of Toga ,who for whatever reason is disguised as Deku, gets "killed".

Chase17

Maybe he does get away, takes Eri but is stopped by whatever Toga and Twice are doing. The only way I can see that prediction that Deku and Nighteye die not coming true other than "this is shonen so fuck fate", is that a Twice clone of Toga ,who for whatever reason is disguised as Deku, gets "killed".

Or Chisaki kills Deku, and for whatever reason, brings him back to life.

Ascheroth

Uhh Todoroki is a hard counter to her but I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic so ignore me
joStOsF.jpg

DNAbro

Or Chisaki kills Deku, and for whatever reason, brings him back to life.

I guess he could do that to taunt Eri and further force her into submission.

God I couldn't imagine how fucked up Deku would be if they failed. His senpai is powerless, his mentor is dead, the one person they were trying to save didn't get save, and maybe even dieing himself. This is all assuming Nighteye's predictions come true. Deku obviously can't permanently die.

klaushm

If Chisaki kills Deku and Nighteye, and then resurrect them, I would be happy. It is a cleaver way to say Nighteye was right.

He saw the both of then been killed, but is it clear that he saw Chisaki scaping, or he assumed that because he saw their deaths?

Also. Good that Nighteye is still alive.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Overhaul's ability was the chekov's gun to Deku getting back his arms, but I don't know how they would fit it in there without calling bullshit. Even Toga and Twice fucking Overhaul up and with his dying breath telling Deku to take down Shigaraki for him wouldn't make much sense.

DNAbro

Chisaki won't escape, Toga and Twice will make sure of it.

The more I think about it, the more likely I think this is. Overhaul tries to escape with the dequirking bullets, stopped by Toga and Twice, now League has access to the bullets.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Nighteye's injury is still a huge lol wat. How the fuck would someone survive, even by comic standards, with an injury like that? Literally the only thing that could save him would be Overhaul.

LotusHD

Banned
Too many awkward scene shifts/changes (such as the Aiwaza scene this week) that mess with climaxes, too long, too hard too follow, and too many characters that are (personally) hard to get invested in.

The paneling for this fight is wonky too.

Pretty much agree, just wanted to read your thoughts out of curiosity if they alligned.

Nighteye's injury is still a huge lol wat. How the fuck would someone survive, even by comic standards, with an injury like that? Literally the only thing that could save him would be Overhaul.

Usually I wouldn't mind when reading manga, but MHA kind of gave off the impression that it wants to be as realistic as it possibly can despite being a series with superpowers, seeing as how it makes them bodily applications and what not, among other things.

NSESN

Too many awkward scene shifts/changes (such as the Aiwaza scene this week) that mess with climaxes, too long, too hard too follow, and too many characters that are (personally) hard to get invested in.

The paneling for this fight is wonky too.

I really can't understand your complaint. Aizawa was captures some chapters ago and we had no info about how besides a comment from OH. And we almost had no scene shifts this arc, Horikoshi is relying on flashback for a reason. I agree with that it is too long tho, really wish that things were more compact.
I also think the complaint about the amount of characters is the weakest. The arc had several parts focused in a smaller number of characters intead of having a lot of appearing at the same time, it really isn't hard to follow imo. Paneling being wonky, I can see why I would say that, but I still blame that on the art of this arc being weak.

This arc is different from others and I understand why people is disliking it but some complaints are really weird to me.

Top Bottom