• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Qvoth

is it just me or it feels like the last chapters have been erratic and doesn't flow well?
especially the fights
don't think i've ever felt like this reading a shounen manga

ionitron

Yo what the hell.

I mean it was a fine chapter, but. Wow.

I just kept saying "Oh my god" as it kept going.

is it just me or it feels like the last chapters have been erratic and doesn't flow well?
especially the fights

I actually kinda agree, and it seems like that's the consensus.

NSESN

especially the fights
I don't. Unless that by "last chapters" you mean the whole arc, because things were really straightforward since Mirio reached Overhaul.
Edit:If you meant the art I agree.

NSESN

I was right.

---

What did you guys think of Toga's VA?

The face wasn't as good but it wasn't disappointing like the USJ face. About Toga's voice, I think her voice fits, I just want to know how she will sound when she drops the dumb act, but it will take a long time.

klaushm

I have some theories about the black frame in the last chapter. All of them goes to the same way, Nighteye couldn't see Overhaul's future. But why? Those are the options I think.

1) Overhaul is fused with someone else and so Nighteye couldn't see the future of Overhaul.
2) Overhaul is dying (unlikely because he can see the deaths).
3) There is no certain future and Deku really has the power to change it.

I'd hate to see the third option be the correct one. I could only accept it if Deku surprised Nighteye at their previous combat trial.

NSESN

I think I know how Horikoshi can bring up the girls again. Aizawa was kidnapped and someone needs to save him. It would also be a good way to hype Nejire by making her defeat Chrono.

I have some theories about the black frame in the last chapter. All of them goes to the same way, Nighteye couldn't see Overhaul's future. But why? Those are the options I think.

1) Overhaul is fused with someone else and so Nighteye couldn't see the future of Overhaul.

I'd hate to see the third option be the correct one. I could only accept it if Deku surprised Nighteye at their previous combat trial.

I don't get it why the 3rd option would be bad. It all comes to execution. And Deku really needs to shine after that Mirio amazing chapters.

Nightbird

I'm happy to see that 20% seems to be the absolute max Deku can currently do.

The jump from 8 to 20% may be crazy, but considering that it's almost breaking his bones again, we can be sure that it's going to stay a Trump card for a while.

NSESN

I'm happy to see that 20% seems to be the absolute max Deku can currently do.

The jump from 8 to 20% may be crazy, but considering that it's almost breaking his bones again, we can be sure that it's going to stay a Trump card for a while.

It is basically a Kaio-Ken.

klaushm

I think I know how Horikoshi can bring up the girls again. Aizawa was kidnapped and someone needs to save him. It would also be a good way to hype Nejire by making her defeat Chrono.

I don't get it why the 3rd option would be bad. It all comes to execution. And Deku really needs to shine after that Mirio amazing chapters.

I'll wait and see the execution, because Horikoshi hasn't disappointed me in any development or explanation until now. I just hope it's not a future changing quirk that is just introduced at this exact moment...

LotusHD

Banned

If it's the third one, that is, how the kids say, shounen as fuck.

It somehow only just occurred to me that the situation with Aizawa, even if offscreen, is basically Overhaul trying to find more ways of implementing his whole 'disable enemy quirks' MO. If Aizawa's ability can be replicated, then it would permit the Yakuza a way of disabling their foes (even if temporarily) without having to go through the difficulty of injecting them.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique

Maybe the black screen is just the go to death vision? Like the movie ends and cuts to black for the credits? Maybe because Overhauls death is so close, he actually sees credits and learns some horrifying revelation?

I figured the black panel was that Nighteye was dying. He's dead in Chisaki's future, so he can't see anything. Any potential continuity errors can be plastered over by the "seeing the future locks it" thing.

Ascheroth

ZRplxsG.png

First page. Damn you Horikoshi.

BlizzKrut

Banned
I figured the black panel was that Nighteye was dying. He's dead in Chisaki's future, so he can't see anything. Any potential continuity errors can be plastered over by the "seeing the future locks it" thing.

Yeah I figured that it was just Nighteye dying, man's got a fucking spike through his body, it would be kind of weird if Deku just beat up Overhaul and Nighteye survived, aside from Mirio losing his quirk there'd be close to 0 risks in the entire mission.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I don't see why it wouldn't be 25 episodes again, especially if it keeps the same time slot.

Animation budget where they want to put all their resources in making 12 or 13 episodes are fucking fantastic animation wise. Which considering the arc, I kind of hope they go for that.

See Attack on Titan Season 2, which I will preach to the heaven, 12 episodes was such a good idea for that season!

Genryu

Banned
So I just read through the manga after watching the last episode of season 2.

When Overhaul and Shigaraki first met together, I REALLY wasn't expecting someone to explode like that.

If its 25 episode it will end with Deku vs Bakugo, if it is 13 episodes it might end with the home visit which is a good stopping point.

Though I hope it's 25 eps because if it's 13 I fear it might feel rushed (similar to Food wars S2), especially if they want to squeeze in the home visit.

Top Bottom