• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic and the Black Knight (Wii) revealed in new Nintendo Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopaz

Banned
Teknoman said:
Its not assy...that we know of yet. Besides those werehog parts look like a mix of God of War and Prince of persia platforming. Cant be bad at all right?

I didn't watch the wolf videos... I couldn't put myself through that :( so I can't comment. But the other bits looked assy to my distinguished self.

This is like the worst possible surprise EVAR

We were expecting Kingdom Hearts Wii and got.....another shitty Sonic game. Where Sonic has not a gun, but a SWORD.

KingJ2002

ok people... is this any different from what nintendo has done with the mario franchise? sure the a difference in the level of quality but why shouldnt sega try to expand the sonic brand?

Gagaman

Anyone get the feeling this was at one stage going to be a Golden Axe Wii then they decided to replace Thunderhead and Co with Sonic? That's apparently how Sega Superstars Tennis came about, and Sonic the Fighters was also spawned from a joke by Fighting Vipers programmers. :lol

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Mother 3? Kingdom Hearts 3? LOL!

The Black Knight might as well be that Batman Sonic from one of the alternate realities in the Archie series. Since it's for the lulz let's make it massive, Sega.

Fady K

I honestly expected a Kingdom Hearts reveal of sorts, the hinting just sounded a lot like it. I know, no keyblade, but still.

Looking forward to the preview/review info from the issue, hopefully a preview of Fatal Frame IV :'(

lopaz

Banned
Death_Born said:
This is like the worst possible surprise EVAR

We were expecting Kingdom Hearts Wii and got.....another shitty Sonic game. Where Sonic has not a gun, but a SWORD.

YOU were expecting it. Because you don't know what "just kidding means"

boiled goose

good with gravy
There are no gameplay details yet....

Maybe it is a sequel to secret rings.... and the sword somehow ties into the game without altering gameplay in a major way......

Or maybe its a full fledged 3d rpg in the sonic universe.....shemuesonicish
or most likely it will be a wagglefest crapnival

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
RICH UNCLE PENNYBAGS said:
I'm serious, how can everyone claim to love Sonic Adventure but nothing after it? Every other Sonic game is basically a Sonic Adventure level pack.
No. The level design increasingly gets worse, the controls get sloppier, the camera system actually managed to degrade and Sega has repeatedly added in stupid things to make the experience worse. This + the fact that Sonic Adventure wasn't that great and had problems of its own, makes it easy to realize how and when Sonic games went under the threshold of "Good enough"

Teknoman

Secret Rings isnt some triple A game, but its a hell of alot better than Sonic 06. At least the controls are responsive and Sonic actually LOOKS like Sonic in Secret Rings.

Sonic 06 high speed sections...it felt like the game was pulling against you when trying to move left or right.

Also im basing my Unleashed/World adventure impressions on that Gamespot stage demo.

Had moderate speed platforming sections, Sonic Rush esque 2.5d running sections, and the controls looked responsive. That and the camera didnt fall behind Sonic or move to an obscure position.

JaMarco

i actually want to see the game before i jump on the bandwagon and say "omgz, its suuckss"
from the name, it sounds like itll be a sequel to Secret Rings which isnt the worst Sonic game in the world/

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Gotta give NP Props..really no one expectetd THIS kinda game - a real exklusive afterall.

btw. e3 seems dead when they don`t have these kind of announcments at the show.

and still no further informations ?

Vinci

Danish
On second thought, I think I've figured out how to make this game work:

Sonic should've joined a D&D Larping group, lost total handle on his reality, and proceed to butcher all of his little worthless friends.

THEN - I'd buy it.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
KingJ2002 said:
ok people... is this any different from what nintendo has done with the mario franchise? sure the a difference in the level of quality but why shouldnt sega try to expand the sonic brand?
DING DING DING

lopaz said:
YOU were expecting it. Because you don't know what "just kidding means"

Wasn't there a thread where the shape on the bottom matched up exactly to the ear on Mickey Mouse? I was honestly expecting it because of that. I don't even care since I never played KH before, but anything is better than ShadowSonic the Hedgehog

PowderedToast

RICH UNCLE PENNYBAGS said:
I'm serious, how can everyone claim to love Sonic Adventure but nothing after it? Every other Sonic game is basically a Sonic Adventure level pack.
Sonic Adventure was acceptable at the time because it was Sonic's first foray into 3D gaming, of course there will be camera issues, occassional glitches etc. It's the fact Sonic Team still haven't addressed them over subsequent releases.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
sonicsword.jpg

2683578824_2180e3e2fb_o.gif

Linkzg said:
Sonic uses a rapier. I can't believe Sega messed up Sonic canon to worry about the players not being able to swing their arms fast enough. I can't believe Sega ruined a potentially awesome game for such a dumb reason.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Sonic culture (I'm an expert), but respect for the canon is part of it. It's not like it is in Blinx where you can change what you want to be convenient. If you screw over Sonic fans, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Sonic fans, after hearing about this, are not going to want to purchase Sonic and the Black Knight for the Wii, nor will they purchase any of Sega's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sega has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sega, publicly apologize and cancel Sonic and the Black Knight for Wii or you can kiss your business goodbye.
:lol :lol Bravo. Now we just need DotCal to do a dramatic reading.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

It's like every dream my moronic, 10 year old self ever concived being materialized, glistening like fresh cat shit.

lopaz

Banned
Death_Born said:
Wasn't there a thread where the shape on the bottom matched up exactly to the ear on Mickey Mouse? I was honestly expecting it because of that. I don't even care since I never played KH before.

Heh, I think the guy was joking with the mickey mouse ear. Anyhoo the original message was "It's got a lot of heart. It's fit for a king. Just kidding" or something

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
To the people that were honestly expecting anything KH related, never mind that, as a sword, the teaser had nothing to do with it, but we won't see anything KH3 related for a long time. Don't get your hopes up for such an announcement before the portable KH games are released and certainly not before the team is free fom helping the XIII dudes or developing Versus XIII.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Zenith said:
so we have Sonic and werewolves.
Sonic and turn-based RPGs
and now Sonic with sword fighting.

how can a pubisher be so blind as to the wants of its fanbase and the bashing of professional critics. it's like they're doing this intentionally.

I think you're right. They're doing it out of sheer spite this I'm sure of. Stop raping my childhood SEGA!!!

Scum

Sega/Sonic Team should be locked in a room and subjected to countless hours of Sonic 3/Sonic & Knuckles and NSMB before coming up with a new idea involving their beloved mascot.

Teknoman said:
Secret Rings isnt some triple A game, but its a hell of alot better than Sonic 06. At least the controls are responsive
Are you sure you're thinking of the right game? Because I remember it having an idiotic jump mechanic and I remember falling into the ocean trying to execute homing jumps across gaps again and again. Not to mention the awkward forward-backward and the overall sloppiness of moving the Wiimote back and forth to control Sonic (hope you memorized the course!)

Sonic 06 high speed sections...it felt like the game was pulling against you when trying to move left or right.
I didn't experience that... I got most of those stages on the first try

Teknoman

Either way Sonic and the Secret Rings was actually alot more fun than Sonic 06 ever was (soundtrack quality not withstanding...even though some of those tracks were amazing).

Average game? Sure. Shitty? Not in the least bit.

As for homing attacks, I usually waited abit while in the air then attacked. The only time I ever fell is when I missed a jump or was going too fast. One thing I didnt like was the whole lvl up system.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
:lol No one in their right minds would have guessed Sonic from last issue's hint.

Any details on the game in the issue? To be honest, I couldn't care less about this though.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
And people complained about Nintendo's E3 08 conference?

That is the worst announcement I've seen in my entire life.

Gagaman

DryEyeRelief said:
It can't be helped. People who buy Sonic games now buy them because they have Sonic involved. Not because they're concerned about it being good or not.
DING DING DING.

Sega are slapping Sonic into games he doesn't make sense in simply because they'll sell better with him in them. Skies of Arcadia 2 = SONIC AND THE SKY PIRATES. Shenmue 3 = SONIC AND THE QUEST FOR SAILORS.

[Nintex]

Gagaman said:
DING DING DING.

Sega are slapping Sonic into games he doesn't make sense in simply because they'll sell better with him in them. Skies of Arcadia 2 = SONIC AND THE SKY PIRATES. Shenmue 3 = SONIC AND THE QUEST FOR SAILORS.
Don't give them any ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom