• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic and the Black Knight (Wii) revealed in new Nintendo Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin vs Sonic at the Medieval Games
039_black_knight.jpg

Or is it supposed to represent what's happened to the Sonic franchise?
BlackKnight.jpg

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Y2Kev said:
This sounds awesome! Sonic, who is known for his brawling and fighting, is going to be super awesome in a fighting game! Frankly, when they showed the brawler part of Sonic Unleashed-- the WERESONIC part-- I was like, "No, Sega! Why should this be included in this OBVIOUSLY shitty 2dish Sonic game? This should be spun off into its OWN game!"

My PRAYERS have been ANSWERED. My WILDEST DREAMS have come TRUE.

Yeah, I have no idea what kind of game this is but this is surprising news :lol

edit: So is this like Sega's, "We're sorry, just ignore that OTHER Sonic game we're making. It's bad"-a culpa?
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

BRAVO

Zenith said:
so we have Sonic and werewolves.
Sonic and turn-based RPGs
and now Sonic with sword fighting.

how can a pubisher be so blind as to the wants of its fanbase and the bashing of professional critics. it's like they're doing this intentionally.
When they listened to the "fans" they ended up with Secret Rings :lol

I think Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 2006 were great; I'm hoping Sonic Unleashed or wahtever it's called doesn't stray too far from that mold (this is a controversial opinion on gaming boards I guess, but there is a huge group of people like me who will pretty much indiscriminately buy every major Sonic title)

lopaz

Banned
ChrisGoldstein said:
Whatever super nintendo is overrated, only has more colors but the genesis has the best games!!! RAWR!!! :D
You misunderstand me. SNES is a pile of crap, I'm just saying if you're a fan of the Genesis games you should know better than to ENJOY sonic games after those ones

Victrix

*beard*
RICH UNCLE PENNYBAGS said:
I think Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 2006 were great; I'm hoping Sonic Unleashed or wahtever it's called doesn't stray too far from that mold (this is a controversial opinion on gaming boards I guess, but there is a huge group of people like me who will pretty much indiscriminately buy every major Sonic title)

If we use a resonator to map out your tunnels, can we find your hive and wipe you out?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I'm not the type to over-exaggerate on the hate, but seriously, why not just make a new IP instead of giving Sonic a sword - let alone do things completely out of character for him?

They're doing it on purpose, I know it...

GCX

This is the best idea ever. GOTY if the black knight is Shadow with guns. And hopefully they also throw pirates and ninjas and weird human/hedgehog relationships somewhere in the storyline.

Why Sega... :/

Canti

If Dimps are making the Wii Sonic Unleashed, then is there a possibility the Sega team that made Secret Rings is working on this? If so sign me up >.>

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

ah, so you are a joke character eh? or just really foolish if you buy things without judging their quality first

Grecco

Woooops.

Anyways. Sounds eerr interesting. I guess. Really peculiar to see 2XSonic Games on the plataform. This will probably be a Devil May Cry Clone though. :lol

Vinci

Danish
Guys, it's perfectly clear what they did. They looked at what gamer games have sold on the system and lost the ability to read after seeing Zelda and No More Heroes. So they went: "THIS IS THE SECRET! SWORDS! How spectacularly imaginative we are. Surely, it'll sell like COD4."

Seriously, Sega, what the fuck are you doing?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
lopaz said:
You misunderstand me. SNES is a pile of crap, I'm just saying if you're a fan of the Genesis games you should know better than to ENJOY sonic games after those ones

I always have hope for a return to his former glory so I give all his games a chance despite all the crap that's been released, the one on the dreamcast was good imo. What I want is a new ecco the dolphin and for flashback to be released on the VC.

lopaz

Banned
ChrisGoldstein said:
I always have hope for a return to his former glory so I give all his games a chance despite all the crap that's been released, the one on the dreamcast was good imo. What I want is a new ecco the dolphin and for flashback to be released on the VC.

Wel what can I say... you'd make Obama envious with such awesome hope levels

ivysaur12

Banned

You liked Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 2006 more than Secret Rings?

:lol :lol :lol :lol

DarkKyo

Lol god, people need to stop being babies...

So it will either suck or not suck, just deal with it. I think something new could be cool.

grandjedi6 said:
ah, so you are a joke character eh? or just really foolish if you buy things without judging their quality first
Sonic games basically haven't changed since Sonic Adventure 1 and I've enjoyed every one so I pretty much trust that each new one is gonna be good. They all have minor control and camera issues and they all have some new fluff that all the fair-weather "fans" will complain about till the next one comes out (guns, vehicles, minor characters, whatever).

Real talk: Sonic and Ape Escape are my favorite 3D platformer series

ivysaur12 said:
You liked Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 2006 more than Secret Rings?

:lol :lol :lol :lol
Sonic 2006 does the same thing as Secret Rings but better in those speed stages at the end of levels where you can't stop. Sorry but the waggle controls in that game were disastrous and the "mission play" is kind of lame.

Kusagari

Shadow better be in the game shooting at Sonic with his gun while Sonic blocks with his sword. It'd be like Devil May Cry... WITH SONIC! :lol

Teknoman

I cant comment on the game quality...but i'll be damned if thats not a cool looking shot of Sonic :lol

Also we should've seen this coming. Sonic and the Secret Rings = Arabian Knights. So this should be... The sword in the stone?

Teknoman

lopaz said:
An ASSY 2D sonic. The assy part is key.

Its not assy...that we know of yet. Besides those werehog parts look like a mix of God of War and Prince of persia platforming. Cant be bad at all right?

boiled goose

good with gravy
No one could have imagined this was going to be the reveal....:lol

if its bad.... well its expected....

if its good... i wish they used a new or different IP for the project....

details please???

please dont be SC legends clone.....
please dont be a castlevania judgement clone....

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Sonic games basically haven't changed since Sonic Adventure 1 and I've enjoyed every one so I pretty much trust that each new one is gonna be good. They all have minor control and camera issues and they all have some new fluff that all the fair-weather "fans" will complain about till the next one comes out (guns, vehicles, minor characters, whatever).

Real talk: Sonic and Ape Escape are my favorite 3D platformer series

:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom