• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

Dahbomb

DMC4 wasn't leaked either and neither did DMC3SE.

We were just following TGS one fine morning and then a trailer for DMC3SE dropped. Took us by surprise, no one saw it coming.

DMC4 teaser was shown with the Sony conference for PS3. This was while DMC3SE just released so no one saw this coming by a mile.

DMC3 "leaked" via Stephanie and then we got a PSM article, nothing in between.

I don't remember how I learned about DMC2, back then we didn't have this feverish game information culture. Probably was just announced at some event or a magazine.

DMC4 wasn't leaked either and neither did DMC3SE.

We were just following TGS one fine morning and then a trailer for DMC3SE dropped. Took us by surprise, no one saw it coming.

DMC4 teaser was shown with the Sony conference for PS3. This was while DMC3SE just released so no one saw this coming by a mile.

DMC3 "leaked" via Stephanie and then we got a PSM article, nothing in between.

I don't remember how I learned about DMC2, back then we didn't have this feverish game information culture. Probably was just announced at some event or a magazine.

FWIW, DMC4 was shown way too early (remember Ugly Dante?) and this may have helped contribute to its somewhat uneven development.

I'd love to see DMC5 go through the extensive user-feedback process that helped to produce DMC3, but I'd also like to see it be a mostly complete product by the time it gets announced.

OniBaka

FWIW, DMC4 was shown way too early (remember Ugly Dante?) and this may have helped contribute to its somewhat uneven development.

I'd love to see DMC5 go through the extensive user-feedback process that helped to produce DMC3, but I'd also like to see it be a mostly complete product by the time it gets announced.

Hopefully not the user feedback system similar to Dear rising 4.

Dahbomb

I want Capcom to do what Ninja Theory did and invite top DMC players to check out the game and offer feedback.

That happened with DmC too so it's likely to happen with DMC5 as well.

Apparently I was almost contacted for DmC. I am not top player by any means but I can definitely give useful feedback.

Sesha

That happened with DmC too so it's likely to happen with DMC5 as well.

Apparently I was almost contacted for DmC. I am not top player by any means but I can definitely give useful feedback.

I knew about that, actually. You might as well be a top player. Maybe it was TribladeX who put in the word for you. But I thought you were contacted and you simply couldn't make it. At least that's what I remember reading.

If Capcom were smart they'd invite you, Donguri, Sakaki and a few other players. It would make all around good press amongst fans. Especially because of Donguri since he's so well-known at this point. Capcom should at least invite Japanese players because of the proximity.

Please read this

Few of you are already aware of this, but since we are getting closer to E3 and possibly the announcement of DMC5, we decided to push our feedback sheet once more. So this is the 2.0 version of the list that we all came up with (fixed a few typos):
4AqiN4pav.png

We'll send this on twitter directly to Itsuno, Reuben, Dan and the official Capcom accounts. We can make a template tweet and then everyone can copy/paste that. But before we do there are a couple of things:

1) Regardless of the actual release date, I know a lot of us (including me) want to at least get a teaser/trailer/confirmation at this E3. Do you guys wanna make a much smaller picture with a message that basically says "we are tired of waiting, please just confirm the game at E3"? If so, then someone write the message here and I'll make the picture so we can send both of them together.

2) Yakuza-GAF is a fraction of DMC-GAF, yet I got way more support doing something similar with Yakuza 0 than I got the last time we did this feedback thing. I know for a fact that last time, only a handful of people actually sent the tweet.

So, I don't care if you are a member or not, if you are a DMC fan who is reading this and agrees with what we are doing, then please support our move by sending the tweet. It literally takes less than a minute to just copy/past the message and send it with your own twitter account.

That the long and short of it. So, give me your opinions. What are we doing guys?

Jawmuncher

Please read this

Few of you are already aware of this, but since we are getting closer to E3 and possibly the announcement of DMC5, we decided to push our feedback sheet once more. So this is the 2.0 version of the list that we all came up with (fixed a few typos):

We'll send this on twitter directly to Itsuno, Reuben, Dan and the official Capcom accounts. We can make a template tweet and then everyone can copy/paste that. But before we do there are a couple of things:

1) Regardless of the actual release date, I know a lot of us (including me) want to at least get a teaser/trailer/confirmation at this E3. Do you guys wanna make a much smaller picture with a message that basically says "we are tired of waiting, please just confirm the game at E3"? If so, then someone write the message here and I'll make the picture so we can send both of them together.

2) Yakuza-GAF is a fraction of DMC-GAF, yet I got way more support doing something similar with Yakuza 0 than I got the last time we did this feedback thing. I know for a fact that last time, only a handful of people actually sent the tweet.

So, I don't care if you are a member or not, if you are a DMC fan who is reading this and agrees with what we are doing, then please support our move by sending the tweet. It literally takes less than a minute to just copy/past the message and send it with your own twitter account.

That the long and short of it. So, give me your opinions. What are we doing guys?

I don't see any dinosaurs on that list

Sesha

I compiled all the relevant twitter accounts for you.

Reuben Langdon (@ReubenLangdon)
Dan Southworth (@dan_southworth)
JYB (@johnnyyongbosch)
Hideaki Itsuno (@tomqe)
Hiroyuki Kobayashi (@HiroKobaP)
Takashi Fujii, one of the producers on DMC4SE (@takashi_fujii)
Capcom UK (@Capcom_UK)
Capcom-Unity (@Capcom_Unity)
The official DMC twitter account (@devilmaycry)

There is a Capcom US twitter, but it's not active.

I suggest using the hashtags #DevilMayCry5 #DevilMayCryFeedback so your post is easily searchable.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Please read this

I'll probably be Tweeting Capcom, Itsuno, Kobayashi, Dan, and Reuben. Something short and sweet like:

"Been too long since the real #DMC! #DMC5 @ #E3 pls! @ReubenLangdon @dan_southworth @capcom_unity @tomqe @hirokobap @capcom_UK @devilmaycry"
and attach the image.

I'll also be PMing Yuri Araujo (their Monster Hunter guy), Kellen (their RE guy), and Jeffrey (their DR guy) on Capcom-Unity. Unfortunately, Gregaman is no longer there, so we're kind of lacking a DMC liaison.

"I know you guys are super busy, but I just wanted to remind you from the DMC community that we never left and we're eagerly awaiting the next title! The below is a collaborated wishlist for the future of DMC from NeoGAF. I know nothing's been announced, but we all still really excited at the prospect of a future game.

https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/4EwBnfMTo.png"

I will also send a message to Capcom-Unity on Facebook with the same basic message, if possible.

If anyone else has any places for good overall exposure, then I think it'd be convenient to put them all together.

Edit: Added a few of the above accounts from Sesha since there's more room in the Twitter character limit.

Also updated templates with links to version 2.01.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
SoS, I don't know if this is a pain or not, but could you maybe edit the image to refleCT where the wishlist came from? Like just something about how this was a collaborated feedback from the DMC community on NeoGAF.

I remember that being an immediate question from Gregaman when we first submitted this.

Thank you for the responses guys.
SoS, I don't know if this is a pain or not, but could you maybe edit the image to refleCT where the wishlist came from? Like just something about how this was a collaborated feedback from the DMC community on NeoGAF.

I remember that being an immediate question from Gregaman when we first submitted this.
It's no problem. Just give me the new message that you have in mind. How does this sound:

List of changes and features that the DMC community at NeoGAF would like to see in future Devil May Cry titles.

Dahbomb

Yeah they aren't going to change development from UE4 just because we told them to. Whatever engine they decide upon, that will be that.

And UE4 has been pretty solid thus far. Quite a few successful Japanese games are being run on it like Tekken 7.

MBS

Banned
I wouldn't mind UE4 as long as it's well made on it. Tekken 7 looks fantastic and still retains that special Japanese aesthetic look. FFVII is also made on UE4. They probably making this on some type of modified RE engine or some other internal stuff, but even if they were going with U4, i'm cool.

Regarding about the lack of any leaks, RE7 came out of nowhere last year and surprised . everybody. Japanese devs are really super-secretive with their projects and you rarely hear a person inside of their internal studios spoil anything.

MBS

Banned
Good. I'll add it for now and change it again if others thought of something better.

DMC feedback list 2.01:

Hahaha, I don't think that's something that we all could agree on.

Make the Devil May Cry shop a central hub for selection of the different game modes and options, and put some mini games around it.

Make the Devil May Cry shop a central hub for selection of the different game modes and options, and put some mini games around it.
We already have that though, well minus the mini-game parts. Should I add that? Anyone else wants to see mini games in Devil May Cry? I'm a Yakuza fan, so you should already know my answer, hahaha.

kyo_strife

Neo Member
In features you may add:

Doesn't run on Unreal Engine in any way, shape or form.

As far as I'm concerned it could run on Quake III's engine and I'd be happy lol

But seriously, I think Unreal Engine 4 is the most reasonable choice. It has localized dev tools and Epic is doing a great job in Japan.

Golnei

We already have that though, well minus the mini-game parts. Should I add that? Anyone else wants to see mini games in Devil May Cry? I'm a Yakuza fan, so you should already know my answer, hahaha.

I think it'd fit the spirit of the series - if Kamiya ended up working on it beyond the first game, it'd definitely develop in that direction for better or worse. Aside from integrating Secret Missions into the hub (and maybe offering several variants of them that progress the same basic challenge), I wouldn't mind seeing them try and work in something, but it's certainly not a critical part of what I want from a future game.

I guess the issue is that since as an internally developed AAA Capcom game, being able to deliver a varied and comprehensive amount of content at launch would be in question; so dedicating any development resources towards side content would be a difficult prospect to endorse unless it was firmly entrenched in the game's existing mechanics and combat loop - which would overlap with the Secret Missions. Maybe they could just bring back the chess board and dice game.

Yakuza's propensity for including other SEGA games as bonuses would be perfect in that context (an old arcade machine would be a reasonable fit in the Devil May Cry shop aesthetically), but it wouldn't appear to work too well with the way Capcom prefers to distribute its older games on new platforms. Maybe if it was an arcade title unlikely to see a separate console release, like Red Earth...?

If they gave the DMC shop unlockable playable pinball machines and a pool table I'd be embarrassingly into it tbh

The goal is not to have all of these stuff added to Devil May Cry 5 though. As it says at the end, our feedback are for all future titles so if you think having mini-game in DMC series is generally a good idea (or even could lead to other fitting ideas for the series) then there is no problem with adding it to the list.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
For minigames, I don't mind little bonuses. I think they could be a ton of fun. I don't want them shoehorn ed into the main campaign just to ruin the overall pacing.

While this is something we've discussed they should include for years in this very thread, I think it might be a bit too specific. The list was supposed to just be a general guide, suggestions, and recommendations.

For minigames, I don't mind little bonuses. I think they could be a ton of fun. I don't want them shoehorn ed into the main campaign just to ruin the overall pacing.

Yeah, this. Throwing them in there as side content for fucking around in the office would be fine. I'm even down for an unlockable pool cue Devil Arm that you have to beat the minigame to obtain. Just don't put it in the campaign.

Sesha

I'm not sure how much influence Shuhei would have, if any. 'sides, the man is busy. I doubt he would care enough to actually relay the information.

---

In other news, Famitsu readers voted DMC1 as the 14th best action game of all time, ahead of Ocarina of Time and MGSV. It was beaten by Bayonetta on 8th, Dark Souls 3 on 6th, Bloodborne on 5th, and NieR Automata on 3rd. No DMC3 or 4 or Ninja Gaiden anywhere.

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/160517430474

Dahbomb

I'm not sure how much influence Shuhei would have, if any. 'sides, the man is busy. I doubt he would care enough to actually relay the information.

---

In other news, Famitsu readers voted DMC1 as the 14th best action game of all time, ahead of Ocarina of Time and MGSV. It was beaten by Bayonetta on 8th, Dark Souls 3 on 6th, Bloodborne on 5th, and NieR Automata on 3rd. No DMC3 or 4 or Ninja Gaiden anywhere.

Ninja Gaiden got hella robbed. Probably because it is strongly associated with X box.

Sesha

I wonder how many Japanese gamers even know about the 3D Ninja Gaidens at all. Gaming in Japan is extremely heavily Sony and Nintendo. I don't think Hard-Off had many Xbox games at all. I remember seeing Xbox games, mostly 360, at more dedicated gaming stores though.

---

A simple retweet from Yoshida would suffice.
---
Nier Automata being the 3rd on that list is quite surprising in a very very pleasant way. That game deserves a lot more recognition.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I wouldn't put a great deal of stock in famitsu polls. Their participation rates are notoriously low, and just looking at the other titles in the list indicates how warped their perspective of the genre is. Not only are the majority of titles in that list hybrid games, a great deal of them would never be even partially classified as an action game in the US.

Shuhei retweets random stuff all the time. Doesn't hurt to include him.

MBS

Banned
Nonetheless, i don't think tweeting them a bunch of fan requests will do anything regarding the shape of the game. At this point most of the features must've been implemented into the final code, and I would bet that the game is fully playable and they are into the post-production debugging/optimization process by now.

MBS

Banned
Right, but most of those requests sound like main features to me. To be said, this will be the first time i'll probably buy every bit of post-release DLC from a single game lol

Top Bottom