• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Original Ys II Now Available on Switch in the West; Features English Menus, Japanese Main Game

GIr8zRNaoAAm0LT

D4 Enterprise has announced that the original version of Ys II released on the PC-88 is now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop in the West for $6.49. However, it’s worth noting that only certain menus and the “How to Play” tutorial screens are in English, while the main game and gallery are in Japanese.

This direct sequel to the first Ys occurs after protagonist Adol Christin collected the six Books of Ys and defeated Dark Fact. Found unconscious by a girl named Lilia in the titular land, he learns more about the secrets surrounding this kingdom while making new allies along the way.
Like the previous entry and other classic Ys titles, the Bump system is used for combat, comprised of players quite literally bumping into enemies to damage them. Further, magic is introduced for greater variety, and the ability to transform into a Roo is implemented. The latter feature lets Adol speak to monsters.

This port has “faster processing speed compared to the previous game, automatic position correction when entering doors, the use of kanji characters in messages, and minor yet thoughtful changes.”

You can purchase EGGCONSOLE Ys II PC-8801mkIISR on the Switch eShop.

Power Pro

Yeah, I saw these listed on the eshop...they're really cool, but I wish I understood Japanese to still play through the game :(

I noticed the publisher has other odd Japanese computer games on there, like Hydlide.

Top Bottom