• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Licensing in Full Force - MK8 Happy Meal Toys Revealed

Phazon

Rosalina's too fat, sends a bad image about McDonalds.

You've asked for it :p

failure_to_start_by_axel_rosered-d4xe3tw.jpg

blamite

There's Pokemon stuff right now, and didn't that have regular Mario stuff not too long ago? Nintendo's really going for it with McDonald's.

Kriken

Looks like the standard McDonalds Happy Meal toys in terms of build. Although that Bowser one looks worse than the others. It is amusing to see these though

stuminus3

Banned
Oh man this has GOT to come to Canada. As much as I dislike McDonalds, my kids would go nuts for these.

...with that being said, are they saying MK8 is the "boy" toy and those Beanie Baby things are the "girl" toy? o_O

Oh man, I have no money but I'll still buy all of these

I really liked their Pokemon Black and White toys, I got most of them. The new ones they had for XY were stupid though, they weren't figures, it was like this dumb little launcher game.

weevles

Neat. I believe you can buy the toys separately. If that changed, then I guess ebay is the only other option.

JCX

They were not lying about merchandising IPs. Amiibos, this, and Pikachu as a world cup sponsor.

Pikma

Banned
Where's that guy that said Amiibos looked like Happy Meal toys? I wonder what kind of hyperbole he will use now.

Sushigod7

I hope you can still just buy toys I'll get one happy meal and buy the rest of them separately. Hope the visor is thrown in too!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Yeah, it seems Nintendo is going full in with licensing their IPs, and they're not stopping. They're creating a good base for the future, and I'm quite interested to see the "unexpected" IP licensing occasions mentioned by Iwata in the last Investor Meeting.

Now, I wonder if amiibos could be involved in the next future...

zeopower6

Yeah, it seems Nintendo is going full in with licensing their IPs, and they're not stopping. They're creating a good base for the future, and I'm quite interested to see the "unexpected" IP licensing occasions mentioned by Iwata in the last Investor Meeting.

Now, I wonder if amiibos could be involved in the next future...

Nintendo-related Happy Meal toys are nothing new iirc. I think they had collaborations even waaay back when.

And honestly, Amiibos should probably be about half the price that they actually are. They remind me of 500yen gachas.

In the US? Whoa, thats a first. Can I just say though, the new mascot is terrifying?

He really is. WTF were they thinking.
tFVK9Dv.jpg

Wouldn't the kids they focus tested him on have gotten scared?

RedStep

WTH, Nintendo has been making Happy Meal toys for literally forever. I got these when Super Mario Brothers 3 came out.

4290-C790.jpg

Kind of strange to put the MK8 promo items after its release instead of before to build hype.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Nintendo-related Happy Meal toys are nothing new iirc. I think they had collaborations even waaay back when.

I know they were used to do that, but that happened a long time ago, while this is actually a return, which is good.

Do Happy Meals still come in those boxes? All I remember of them were the awesome Mario Bros. 3 Happy Meals, which were covered in graphics from the game. They totally flipped me out as a kid, especially since Mario 3 still hadn't released yet so it was one of the few things I could fixate as I waited.

Top Bottom