• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Licensing in Full Force - MK8 Happy Meal Toys Revealed

WTH, Nintendo has been making Happy Meal toys for literally forever. I got these when Super Mario Brothers 3 came out.

4290-C790.jpg

Kind of strange to put the MK8 promo items after its release instead of before to build hype.

I remember these. Got everyone except the Goomba. That Koopa Paratroopa had an air pump that made it's legs move.

UK please Nintendo :(

UK only gets happy meal promo toys if McDonalds UK can find a positive "active" spin on it. Hence why we got the Mario Toys dressed up with some vague idea of "Getting active with Mario" - very occasionally if it's a movie or big enough, they'll forego that unwritten rule.

For example, right now current Happy Meal in UK is Hello Kitty & Hot Wheels, but it's been dressed up with a "positive" spin on encouraging kids to design.

I suppose they could argue kids might be encouraged to try go-karting, or getting out because Mario and co are all out having a race instead of sitting bone idle. But TBH I was surprised they brought the Mario toys to UK after years of passing up tons of good promos like the Pokemon sets.

Bought a Happy Meal for the first time in over a decade two weeks ago. It's two bucks and I wanted a Blastoise. I got a Blastoise.

Surprisingly decent amount of food for two bucks. Had a very small soda and fries, four nuggets and apple slices.

If you can't buy them separately I'm trying to think of the least awkward way to ask what figure comes with it so I don't get repeats. $14 isn't too bad for the complete toy set.

Top Bottom