• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
48 hours in and I've got 47/68/258 for medals and there were a few item drops from the 30AP fight -- I know I saw one, maybe two, but probably not more than three. I don't know how some of you already cleaned out the store.

After going through each mission once when the event started, I focused on the 5 AP mission and got enough bronze to get all the mats there. Total that was about maybe 270 AP or so? About 2.75 full AP bars for me, but I had double the AP prepped before hand from a level up. By that time I had about half the silver medals needed to clear out the mats in the store for that since it's just the 1 set of mats at the silver level in there, so I just did the 10 AP until I got enough there which was probably another near full bar of AP. That was yesterday afternoon I think?

I've been grinding out the 30 AP ever since, got enough gold to get all the remaining lores in the store and have gotten about 80 something or so right now. Got only 1 claw drop in the process.

So just 520 or so more gold medals to get to clear up the rest and hope I get a CE drop so I don't have to worry about any of the CEs in the shop either.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just looking for friends:
3bzcMMzl.png

Sciel

The only thing I've been grinding so far is the 30AP quest. So far have all the Homonculus Babys and 1 Crystallized Lore.

1) The current 5/10/20 APs feel like a waste to grind (at least for my set of servants). I don't need any of the materials for my main servants and grinding bronze/silver medals doesn't seem worthwhile if you consider the current set of drops.

2) I don't need Claws for my main team anymore, but i suppose its nice to stockpile them (I get to farm gold medals + the odd silver medal drop now and then). I'm actually swimming in these to the extent of Ascending my Cu...lol

3) I plan to start farming the 5AP/20AP from the Semis, IMO its more worthwhile to farm your bronze/silver medals then since you get Seeds/Phoenix Plumes as well.

4) My Apples will probably get blown during the Finals stage. The 5/20/30 AP quests here drop Lantern/Snake Eyes/Reverse Scale respectively which seems most optimum for AP whoring.

5) Grand Final pretty much drops nothing besides Medals so.....

I hear ya. I got everything done but the 3 Lores (bout 3/4ths to my first), the CEs and the Exp cards and I want all those Exp cards when my Lores are done. I burned through a bunch just getting Waver from 70-80 and while my bank is full I want to save that for a rainy day if I can.

Got a Nightless Rose from daily spam so the ones in the shop are definitely staying there.

Also it's assumed to start right after Nero but the dates aren't quite lined up with JP so we can't be 100% sure until they announce it. I am not sure how much they want to spread stuff out for the rest of the year

Thank god i plan to skip Orion x_x.

Articalys

Actually, I wonder if I should stop the 30AP fight for the rest of the prelims and work the 5/10 for the next day instead, since the main match 30AP boss is two Berserkers and one Lancer, which can all be easily killed in a single buffed Excaliblast. Not like I'm having trouble with the current fight, but if Waver has a chance to get his buffs off it can cause things to drag on a bit on a given round.

Zhao_Yun

Feel free to add me if you haven't already, I think some of my servants will make it easier for you. Unfortunately I'm not able to connect to the game so I can't see what my friend code is or who is on my friends list. My code is on the google doc though.

Tried to add you but your flist is full :(

RSchmitz

I got 2 claws too. At least it´s enough for my main Servants. RIP Carmilla though.
I´m pretty impressed with people already cleaning the shop. I´m about to buy my first lore. I did spend some ap farming a Monument for my Waver but that costed me some 50 gold medals or so.
I´m not worried though, seem like there will be plenty of time to get the mats and silver/bronze mats are easy to get.

Seems like I've been pretty lucky with the drops. 5 claws and a CE. I still need more for Cu and Herc though, so gonna keep farming it. That said, probably going to take a break tmr to farm the daily to complete this week's master missions. I was going to skip initially, but the drop rate aren't quite good enough to make skip out the the saint quartz.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I got 2 claws too. At least it´s enough for my main Servants. RIP Carmilla though.
I´m pretty impressed with people already cleaning the shop. I´m about to buy my first lore. I did spend some ap farming a Monument for my Waver but that costed me some 50 gold medals or so.
I´m not worried though, seem like there will be plenty of time to get the mats and silver/bronze mats are easy to get.

Yeah if you skip the EXP and the CEs, then you can easily farm for the rest.

Mupod

The 3AP mission in Fuyuki got me 2 Saber gems for the weekly pretty fast. I think it's X-A, if you still need to do that one.

I farmed Rider gems from the Divas event mission, I think that's the 20AP one.

Just need Caster gems now. Hopefully doesn't eat up too much AP, but yeah gonna need to do that tonight after the dailies roll over.

The 3AP mission in Fuyuki got me 2 Saber gems for the weekly pretty fast. I think it's X-A, if you still need to do that one.

I farmed Rider gems from the Divas event mission, I think that's the 20AP one.

Just need Caster gems now. Hopefully doesn't eat up too much AP, but yeah gonna need to do that tonight after the dailies roll over.

Thanks for the tips, still need 1 or 2 of all those. Going to do the 30 AP daily till the caster gem drops (will probably get rider and assassin gems along the way) and finish up afterwards

XiaNaphryz

Finally had some decent luck this morning - got 3 claws and a CE drop. 2 claws came on a single run even!

wilstreak

Finally had some decent luck this morning - got 3 claws and a CE drop. 2 claws came on a single run even!

newbie question.
i have rerolled Jeanne during day 1 of release but didn't play it until now (just collecting star quartz).

Yesterday tried to pull for Nero (because i love 'umu') but didnt get her, whatever.

My question is basically for lv 2 player, what should i get from this Nero event?
realistically speaking, in what level will i be able to complete it up to 3rd difficulty?

thanks.

T-Rex.

Banned
newbie question.
i have rerolled Jeanne during day 1 of release but didn't play it until now (just collecting star quartz).

Yesterday tried to pull for Nero (because i love 'umu') but didnt get her, whatever.

My question is basically for lv 2 player, what should i get from this Nero event?
realistically speaking, in what level will i be able to complete it up to 3rd difficulty?

thanks.
Have you been levelling up your servants with the free XP cards they've given?

So far, I've gotten all Bronze and Silver Rewards and I'm at 95 Gold after getting all Homunculus. I've also been using the 5 AP to level up bonds to get Interlude quartz and the rare Bond 5 quartz, but before that, I grinded the 30 AP to get Claws and Gold Medals.

During my grinds, I've gotten 4 Claws and 3 Nightless Rose.
And during my rolls, a single 10 roll and some single rolls, I've gotten Chevalier d'Eon, Prisma Cosmos and Kiyohime of note (and a bunch of Black Keys).

But I won't give up and will keep hoping for my Empress to heed my call.

Also, question for those playing in a territory in which is unreleased (officially). Will I be able to buy quartz if I use a prepaid google money card of my country?

T-Rex.

Banned
yes, my Jeanne currently at level 40ish (forget the exact number) and i use some card for Mash and Hercules. What is the best way to level up?
Oh, if your Jeanne is at 40 then you'll easily be able to clear the 5 and 10AP. You might be able to do the 20AP if your Herc is at a decent level, and if you have a really good support servant, but it'll be a struggle I think. 30AP is definitely a no go.

The best way to level up the servants is by completing the dailies and getting XP cards.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Got the final claw needed to ascend my TamaCat a third time this morning. Good lord. She's low priority for exp. cards for now, but I'm happy just having her third ability, finally.

Mupod

When I finally get berserker monuments to drop I'll have to choose between Vlad and Tamamo Cat. On the one hand, Vlad is the cornerstone of my team and I use him 100% of the time. On the other hand, naked apron.

When I finally get berserker monuments to drop I'll have to choose between Vlad and Tamamo Cat. On the one hand, Vlad is the cornerstone of my team and I use him 100% of the time. On the other hand, naked apron.

Ah, the eternal struggle between usefulness and waifuness.
Don't think with your head, follow your heart.

elty

Does it even make sense to bother this week's mission? It can very well take a whole AP bar and then some to get a missing gem .

elty

So far, I've gotten all Bronze and Silver Rewards and I'm at 95 Gold after getting all Homunculus. I've also been using the 5 AP to level up bonds to get Interlude quartz and the rare Bond 5 quartz, but before that, I grinded the 30 AP to get Claws and Gold Medals.

And during my rolls, a single 10 roll and some single rolls, I've gotten Chevalier d'Eon, Prisma Cosmos and Kiyohime of note (and a bunch of Black Keys).

Also, question for those playing in a territory in which is unreleased (officially). Will I be able to buy quartz if I use a prepaid google money card of my country?

I think Google let you buy SQ (with gift card/credit) even if you don't have a US account as it will do the currency conversion for you.

edit to clarify

Hubb

Does it even make sense to bother this week's mission? It can very well take a whole AP bar and then some to get a missing gem .

Depending on what you are farming from the event they can come naturally. I got a couple of them done before the event started, and I've gotten a couple done just from farming the event. All I need are assassin and caster gems now, and I should be able to farm them from the event on the last part of it. I could just be lucky, but gems are dropping like candy for me. Specially compared to the drop rates of the materials.

Err... scratch that, that part of the event (assassin/caster) won't be around before the event resets. I'll probably still try to get the last 2 quests done, but they won't be a priority.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

In my eyes, 100% no. I'm surprised people are even trying for them, outside of what you get playing normally, simply because the reward is way out of line with the cost.

yes, my Jeanne currently at level 40ish (forget the exact number) and i use some card for Mash and Hercules. What is the best way to level up?

In the dailies, there will be ember gathering quests. Each day 2 classes (e.g Saber/Rider) will be available, so take your best servants that aren't weak to that class and do them. Berserkers appear once in a while on all days. Lvl 40ish should be able to do 20 AP, maybe 30 AP with the help of a good friend. The XP cards you get are used for levelling.

You get brown ones initially, but they give too little XP past around lvl 30. Silver ones are good till about Lvl 50, and you should basically use the 4* Gold ones if you can get them. #) AP drops mostly silver, and 40 AP drops mostly gold. Additionally you get 20% bonus XP if you fuse the same XP card to the servant (so give Herc Berserker cards). Jeanne and Mash are special in that they only get the bonus for ALL-type cards which give the bonus to any servant they are fused to.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I think Google let you buy, but not Apple (not sure).

I believe apple will let you buy with a prepaid card..

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204034

I know when using JPN itunes store... you used to need to set it up in a way where it didn't force you to store a credit card.. but I believe apple has changed that worldwide to where you can setup any region store without a credit card.

In my eyes, 100% no. I'm surprised people are even trying for them, outside of what you get playing normally, simply because the reward is way out of line with the cost.

at this point, no it's probably not worth it. However if you started on monday... spending your AP all monday to get the assassin gems makes this week probably worth it, if only because you'll get all of the rest of the gems sans caster just by grinding nero. at this point I only need 1 saber and 2 caster gems.

Sciel

This used to work for me when i played Terra Battle. I even used a debit card instead of a prepaid card actually.

I think Google let you buy, but not Apple (not sure).
You would need to make a US Apple account to even download the app. So Apple users are stuck with needing to use Prepaid Itunes Cards.

So far I've managed to get the bronze and silver Ascension mats, I'm now at 107 gold medals. Still no claws or CE, but RNGsus has never been kind to me so I have low expectations. Any free time I have, I dedicate to this game and grinding mats. Goddamnit.

elty

The best way to get exp is

1. Add some lv80/90 Jeanne friend
2. Use the default mystic code (the one that can heal, evade and atk up)
3. Do the 40 AP Ember gathering quest with two level 1 and the lv 80/90 Jeanne
4. Let your lv 1 die ASAP and proceed to solo with your friend's Jeanne.

Well for me quartz is quartz, and every litlle bit helps. My team mainly needs claws and they won't be farmable past tmr. Medal wise I'm just about done with silver, already got one Lore, and have a CE as well, so I'm well on pace to clear the shop. And if my suspicions on the Grand finals are correct you'll probably get round 18 golds a run (7 servants * 1-5 gold each)

Pejo

I really hope that as time goes on with this game, they increase drop rate on these events. I'm really really bummed about Talons being so low. I'm probably ~2000 AP deep right now and got maybe 4 Talons total. I was hoping to get enough to get Altera and Vlad ranked up. Not sure I'll hit it before the next event phase.

XiaNaphryz

I'm drowning in claws and I have no idea which characters even need it.

Check the servant list at the bottom:

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Talon_of_Chaos

First number is number needed for ascensions, second number is what's needed for skill rank ups. So for example Lancelot is listed as 5/24, so he'll need a total of 5 for all his ascensions and 24 for all the skill ups (a total of 8 are needed for ranking up 1 skill to max, so multiplied by 3 skills that's 24).

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
You would need to make a US Apple account to even download the app. So Apple users are stuck with needing to use Prepaid Itunes Cards.

buying iTunes codes over email is pretty trivial and safe nowadays. Might even be able to do it internationally over ebay from paypal digital gifts or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom