• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo account registration has appeared on callofduty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

patientx

I don't like the modern cod games after world at war even a bit but I salutee their previous efforts (treyarch) on wii and wiiu consoles. I bought only the aw2 on wiiu not ghosts and it runs very well but if they are cooking something new for my console I'd gladly take it this time.

Besides, Black Ops II is still very popular on Wii U (not to mention that it is technically the only current-gen BLOPS II), so I think they are trying to appeal to people who are playing this game.

Very popular eh? Isn't this the game where people had to meet on forums in order to get a game of ground war going?

1428618859194.gif
Whoa!

jorgejjvr

Let's not forget black ops 2 came late to the party on wii u cause the console came out after and the install base was much smaller as a launch title, yet people still play it more than ghosts. With the install base now and us not getting zelda as our November game, bo3 might just do really good on the holidays for wii u and provide that November game, much better now that it is not competing against zelda

M3d10n

So, will Activision stick to tradition and we'll only see media of this game after a random youtuber takes pictures from the backside of the box?

prag16

Banned
Shinobi seemed to have various bits of inside info in the other topic. Including indicating that the game was cross-gen, so maybe he has some info on platforms.

Paging shinobi... Care to put us out of our misery?

I am not a COD fan, but the Wii U sure needs this kind of game to diversify its library.

The butthurt with the voice chat thing is incredible. It is almost like they removed something relevant from the game.

So voice chat isn't relevant in a team based shooter where teamwork is a must? Stop it please.

On Topic: I've owned every CoD except AW on one platform or another, if BO3 comes to Wii U I'll pick it up to try it if the hit detection is as terrible as Black Ops 2 was then I'll drop it like a bad habit, On the other hand I liked Ghost better than Black Ops 2 soooooo... Yea.

EatMyFace

Banned
Treyarch has always supported Nintendo consoles. It's my bet that BO3 arrives on Wii U this year.
Shinobi seemed to have various bits of inside info in the other topic. Including indicating that the game was cross-gen, so maybe he has some info on platforms.

Paging shinobi... Care to put us out of our misery?
Of course its cross-gen dude.

wildfire

Banned
Call of Duty Amiibo, incoming.

I've already preordered my Kevin Spacey Amiibo.

If I'm able to unlock Claire Underwood I'm ready to jump in front of the hype train.

Honestly when we had that thread about that dev team mentioning they were porting a big game to the Wii U Call of Duty was so far from my mind because of how poorly Black Ops sold.

If this and Devil's Third comes out this year we have entered this bizarre reality where Nintendo potentially has better modern shooters than MS after you add up those 2 with Splatoon.

This is why I stopped playing...

If you have a copy of ghost as bad as everything else may be (some people's opinions other than lack of weapons I thought it was fine), when you shot AT SOMEONE they actually get hit instead of having to spray and hoping they fall over and die, for this reason Ghost is a better game.

prag16

Banned
Treyarch has always supported Nintendo consoles. It's my bet that BO3 arrives on Wii U this year.

Of course its cross-gen dude.

Yes, I agree that it'll obviously be cross-gen. It's less obvious whether there will be a Wii U version (maybe due to Treyarch's history, but best not to get our hopes up). My comment was with regard to that. I fully expect PS360 versions for at least one more game.

If you have a copy of ghost as bad as everything else may be (some people's opinions other than lack of weapons I thought it was fine), when you shot AT SOMEONE they actually get hit instead of having to spray and hoping they fall over and die, for this reason Ghost is a better game.

Ghosts did seem to have marginally better hit detection than BO2, but the overall netcode still seemed lacking, and almost everything else about the game was inferior to BO2 in my opinion.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure which system I would buy for if it did come to the Wii U. I played all the previous ones on Wii/U, and even prefer the Gamepad and Pro Controller to the Xbone controller, but I get all the patches/DLC day one on Xbone.

Haven't had much fun with the DLC maps to be honest, but the patches and extra guns are nice.

jmizzal

Backs ops 3 coming to WiiU?

Tryarch is making it and have done all the Wii/WiiU ports, maybe thats why they didnt do CODAW on WiiU they wanted to just work on that one.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Enjoyed Blops 2 on Wii U, but I wanted the dlc that wasn't available. Even if it comes I won't be buying on Wii U again.

Yes, I agree that it'll obviously be cross-gen. It's less obvious whether there will be a Wii U version (maybe due to Treyarch's history, but best not to get our hopes up). My comment was with regard to that. I fully expect PS360 versions for at least one more game.

I Agree, I remain a hopeful skeptic when it comes to this.

Ghosts did seem to have marginally better hit detection than BO2, but the overall netcode still seemed lacking, and almost everything else about the game was inferior to BO2 in my opinion.

No Ghosts hit detection as way better than a marginal leap and I actually liked the better kill times that Ghost gave just needed more guns, and better map design.

All that said I hope that BlOps III has Ghost's hit detection and that's about it.

prag16

Banned
No Ghosts hit detection as way better than a marginal leap and I actually liked the better kill times that Ghost gave just needed more guns, and better map design.

All that said I hope that BlOps III has Ghost's hit detection and that's about it.

My experience didn't indicate it was anything much more than "marginal", but yeah, the map designs were largely lousy, and also preferred the BO2 gun selection.

Enjoyed Blops 2 on Wii U, but I wanted the dlc that wasn't available. Even if it comes I won't be buying on Wii U again.

I hear you. For me I would like more maps but the cost is really too high without a discount.

The main issue is on Wii U they would fracture a much smaller community. How many people would be playing those DLC maps at any time? The main game can eventually be found for less than half the costs of maps.

Treyarch did the port of that so they probably learned what was wrong.

Hell, I absolutely despised Call of Duty: Ghosts but even I got some fun out of it with a Wiimote.

It's a fact that regardless of the quality of the game itself, Call of Duty with a Wiimote is a total blast and it was made infinitely better on Wii U hardware with competent visuals and a rock solid 60fps. As far as I'm concerned, a Wii U port would be a great thing for all parties involved.

My experience didn't indicate it was anything much more than "marginal", but yeah, the map designs were largely lousy, and also preferred the BO2 gun selection.

Then we agree on something.

I hear you. For me I would like more maps but the cost is really too high without a discount.

The main issue is on Wii U they would fracture a much smaller community. How many people would be playing those DLC maps at any time? The main game can eventually be found for less than half the costs of maps.

Treyarch did the port of that so they probably learned what was wrong.

IMO Nintendo should foot the bill at a discount of course and give it away for free to those who buy the game in the first month, or get it to them at a discounted price that would at least get people to notice it if not pick up the game.

Sojiro

Very much so agreed. I picked up BO2 a while after Ghosts since it was dirt cheap, and had a lot of good things said about it, but man coming off of Ghosts I did not enjoy the online at all. It feels like I need an entire clip to take someone down, where on Ghosts people actually go down when you shoot them, it really soured me on the game. I personally liked ghost's maps more, but agree the gun selection on BO2 is better.

Eusis

Treyarch has always said they love Nintendo consoles and they ported Black Ops 2 and Ghosts to the Wii U so I could see them making a Wii U version of Black Ops 3.
I imagine this is what it comes down to, and likely Activision being OK with the install base or just running with it because CoD is one of THE biggest game series out there, certainly the biggest of modern AAA stuff, so getting it where that audience exists at all probably seems harmless enough.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

I know that on Miiverse, there was constant complaining for the DLC map packs. Maybe the community could've been a little bigger if Wii U was on equal footing with everyone else, but there's no way of knowing.

Red Devil

Maybe Black Ops 3 is coming to Wii U? It wouldn't surprise me, even though Advanced Warfare skipped the console. Treyarch handled alll CoD Wii ports and Black Ops 2 still has a community of players on Wii U. They also handled the Wii U version of Ghosts.

If I recall correctly Wii got pretty much every CoD during its life cycle except Modern Warfare 2 for some reason, but it got Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Wii U is such a great console for these type of games. Local 2 player matches where both players have their own screen is super neat. Also, Wiimote + Nunchuk was made for first person shooters. It's sad that people don't see the appeal.

It's all about what you're comfortable with. I tried numerous times to wield the Wiimote and nunchuk, but I'm just not as effective with it. It's accurate sure, but that doesn't matter if you're more accustomed to dual sticks. I routinely destroyed wiimote/nunchuk players on Blops 2 using the Pro Controller. Wiimote doesn't instantly make you a shooter God against standard controller users.

Very much so agreed. I picked up BO2 a while after Ghosts since it was dirt cheap, and had a lot of good things said about it, but man coming off of Ghosts I did not enjoy the online at all. It feels like I need an entire clip to take someone down, where on Ghosts people actually go down when you shoot them, it really soured me on the game. I personally liked ghost's maps more, but agree the gun selection on BO2 is better.

The map design fit the play style they were going for and it gave you a chance to regroup if your initial style wasn't working, where as BlOps 2 if you got off to a bad start you were most likely gonna lose horribly. I've mounted some bad ass come back wins and lost some decent leads in ghost in black ops it was just yep let's just try not to lose by 20+ points.

If I recall correctly Wii got pretty much every CoD during its life cycle except Modern Warfare 2 for some reason, but it got Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3.

I played MW2 on the PC that game was a broken mess at best and promoted some of the worse aspects of CoD case in point camping for kill streaks. I'm happy it wasn't on the Wii especially with the rampant script monkeys (People that used hacks) that were running around.

I think Advanced Warfare was a case like Modern Warfare 2 where Treyarch's Wii Team was already working on a project on the console and Activision saw it fit to continue work on that project rather than stop production to port the other studio's work that year.

I think it's actually a fairly safe bet that we'll be seeing Black Ops III on the Wii U, just not the 2016 CoD (which is not much of a loss to be honest)

Kimawolf

Perhaps they anticipate Splatoon gorging out a fps fanbase and hope to capitalize on that happening so they are getting prepared.

The Wii mote for me is extremely innacurate compared to a control. You're at a disadvantage imo if you use that scheme. It's great that they give players options though.

Might be at a disadvantage if you're not good with it, but my brother absolutely destroys using it in both black ops for the Wii and black ops 2 for the Wii U. I'm not to bad myself, can maintain a decently positive kd. But I've never been at a disadvantage because I use it. Only thing that it gives you a disadvantage at is quick scoping.

Definitely hope black ops 3 comes out for the Wii U though, me and my brother play black ops 2 on the Wii U at least several nights a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom