• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Escape from Tarkov .. anyone else playing / hyped for this game?

Hello all, just wondering if any of my PC gaming brethren are playing the alpha for this game or have seen the game and are hyped for it.

FPS / RPG / MMO type hybrid with an insane amount of detail, the NDA went up a few days ago and a lot of youtubers have been posting videos on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1itGrC5cJmw

Video of some gameplay.

Loxley

I've been watching videos of this as they've slowly creeped out over the past few months and it does indeed look really cool. The sound work in particular is shockingly good.

Compsiox

Banned
I'm definitely hyped. Extremely pricey to get in now though. I'll probably pay for Beta access, not Alpha.

I just paid for the Left Behind edition, had a 50% chance of getting into the Alpha ... downloading as we speak .... yay!

Although the closed beta is due to start soon.

Started playing it yesterday. It has a ton of potential. A little hard for me to keep playing it at this point in the development, but it think its going to be a winner.

Hoping they work on the movement soon, as it feels very sloppy (getting caught on stuff, very floaty feeling, etc). Extremely cool concept overall though.

Couldn't fine a true thread dedicated to Tarkov so search led me here.

Is the alpha heavily NDA'd? I've heard from a couple friends that this game is absolutely great. However I don't want to spend upwards of $140 unless it is as good as they say. Knowing GAFs generally cynicism I'd like to hear from some of you guys.

Does the game run as well as the footage looks? Is it actually fun to play? Solo? Friends needed? Janky? Etc.

Top Bottom