• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just found out my girlfriend is cheating on me

norm9

200.gif

Saw 3d had a similar scenario with a cheating gf and two dudes.

PSlayer

...she said she made some friends on it before meeting me and she still talks to them on it. I thought that was OK.

Honestly you shouldn't had think this was ok. If she made friends on the date app they probably have facebook/twitter/snapchat,etc.. so she could talk to them through it. This was a red flag unfortunely.

Kill her with kindness my guy

Fuck all this deleting social media blocking etc. nah keep her as a friend on social media, embrace the pain of whatever shows up so that when you're done, the feeling will be involuntary and fully resolved.

Eventually you'll find someone else and you'll be so far removed from what was pain & disdain nothing about her or her life will phase you. There's no better inadvertent dish of comeuppance than truly moving on and finding happiness again

night814

Don't be vindictive and be as calm as possible.as others have said find something to fill the void quick like a gym membership or start a new game that requires some time investment. It sucks but you have to keep in mind that you will be better off without her.

ironmang

Sorry to hear that.

1.5 years deserves a face-to-face break-up, so do that. Keep your emotions in check, confront with facts, and let her know that the relationship is over. Block her number and social media accounts. Move on.

Naw, the cheater hasn't earned anything. I agree about the no-contact though. Would also suggest informing the other guy if OP hasn't already.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I know this is off topic, but how the fuck did a "My gf is cheating on me" thread get 93 pages long? Like that's a commitment to wade through.

But you know, not one that guy's g/f would bother with because shes' a cheater :V

He took a day before he confronted her (while he was getting advice from GAF), then he confronted her by saying "fancy seeing some more dick?" (that line probably got a few pages alone), there was a lot of fighting and OP posted all of the follow-ups of him moving out. Also a Sunhi video got posted which is usually good for 1000s of posts in and of itself.

Sygma

You first post op almost sounded like you still had a high regard on that bitch.

But why the hell is she on the dating app still and meeting guys when we were clearly in an exclusive committed relationship?

She was faker than a boobjob bro. She only said this to have you, and obviously she's an awful compulsive liar with a very disgusting narcissistic personality

The fuck out of here man, find someone as awesome as you are. Get disgusted. Let the hate poor into your skin and release that sweet testosterone at the gym or something

You do you op. DEFINITELY let the other dude know and high five your sister because she's the real mvp here

Ryzaki009

He took a day before he confronted her (while he was getting advice from GAF), then he confronted her by saying "fancy seeing some more dick?" (that line probably got a few pages alone), there was a lot of fighting and OP posted all of the follow-ups of him moving out. Also a Sunhi video got posted which is usually good for 1000s of posts in and of itself.

That video is beautiful. even on a rewatch I'm still cracking up. XD

5 deep pages of posts and no OP?
Not really all that surprising. The guy seems fairly level-headed, so nothing in this thread is probably coning as much of a surprise to him. Not really much to add if the situation isn't going to progress until tomorrow anyway.

Hope things work out, boss. Don't do anything super vindictive.

Wamb0wneD

OP look at it like this: Better after 1,5 years than after 5 years and children. If she's like that now she won't change. It sucks now but in the end you dodged a huge bullet.

Why the fuck some of you keep posting these? People have all sorts of reasons to get married sooner than later while in a relationship, ideally you do want to pass the 2.5-3 year mark, but life (timing) is not always "ideal"

It's a hilarious form of victim blaming: "It's your fault she cheated because you rushed into marriage". As if there were no people that get cheated 10 years into a relationship

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Sucks, but be glad you found out before you were married

This silver lining is often overlooked. You may feel like shit right now but this is the bullet you dodged. The guy who found out was also played. She hurt many people and is a terrible person. Be glad that you have this opportunity to end it here.

orochi91

She used to say she really liked this about me- the complete trust.

That woman is utterly savage for betraying you after saying this.

She was probably thrilled that she could get away with cheating, knowing full well that you'd never doubt her and subsequently impede on her side activities.

You have my condolences, OP.

:/

BunnyBear

Man, it's not easy. I found out my girl of 8 years was sleeping with someone in August last year. I was a mess for a few months but eventually, you move on and find happiness again.

My advice to you would be to confront it, cut off communication and let yourself grieve. Cry, punch things, hit the gym, but do not whatsoever take her back or anything like that. She can't be trusted and you need to start again. Now is the hard part but it gets easier and you'll be okay. Lean on family and friends and if that isn't an option, we'll help you through the worst of it. I'm now with a much better (and better-looking girl) and barely even think about my ex anymore.

If you want to distract yourself, read my story here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1274907

A bit off-topic, but this happened to a friend of mine. His girlfriend of 7 years left him, while she was in Spain pursuing her masters. This happened last year around this time, I caught up with him this summer and he was still a mess.

Sometimes it feels better to be alone since I don't have to deal with this stuff. :/

FUME5

You found out she's a lying cheating bitch before you married her.

Whether you want some elaborate form of revenge is up to you, personally I'd just call her a few choice words and move on.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Thanks for all the posts and help guys. Was trying to sleep. Could only sleep for 2 hours or so.

Looks like there is some confusion about how the guy knows my sister. They are FB friends since quite some time and earlier the guy used to live in the same town as my sis and thats how they met. Then after a while he moved to where my GF lives and thats where he met my GF through this dating app. So it wasnt that this random guy was messaging my sister about a girl he was dating. He just saw the FB pic of my sis and GF together so wondered how my sis knew my GF and asked on FB.

As of now the plan is to just meet face to face and let her know that I know this and just in case she had some explanation. I wouldve ghosted but since the guy might be lying or exaggerating I just want to make sure that what I am thinking is true. The plan is to see if she still has that app and what talks she has had with this guy. As soon as I get a concrete proof that she is still using the app and/or about the chats, I am out forever.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Thanks for all the posts and help guys. Was trying to sleep. Could only sleep for 2 hours or so.

Looks like there is some confusion about how the guy knows my sister. They are FB friends since quite some time and earlier the guy used to live in the same town as my sis and thats how they met. Then after a while he moved to where my GF lives and thats where he met my GF through this dating app. So it wasnt that this random guy was messaging my sister about a girl he was dating. He just saw the FB pic of my sis and GF together so wondered how my sis knew my GF and asked on FB.

As of now the plan is to just meet face to face and let her know that I know this and just in case she had some explanation. I wouldve ghosted but since the guy might be lying or exaggerating I just want to make sure that what I am thinking is true. The plan is to see if she still has that app and what talks she has had with this guy. As soon as I get a concrete proof that she is still using the app and/or about the chats, I am out forever.
Okay and if she lies or sugar coats the truth which is likely...

Leave her as quick as possible but also make sure your open to hear what may have driven her away in the first place. Doesnt make what she did any less shitty though. Also next time id wait about two years before you discuss marriage. And live with them first.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

I think that's the right thing to do so good luck with this.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I do plan to just keep her phone aside as soon as I meet her and then go through it to make sure. If she doesnt let me, I anyway know the answer.
Man, personally i’d Approach the dude before her at this point. If anything it seems like he’s clueless. Talking to him will give you more proof than anything else. No reason to go through her phone. No reason to even hear what she has to say or see her. You have evidence and he’s just as likely to give you the proof you need if you really need the closure. This way you’re helping out someone else from falling into the same trap and yourself.

The best plan is to just dip out of the increasingly toxic situation entirely.

Oh and get fucking tested

Top Bottom