• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just found out my girlfriend is cheating on me

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I have the screenshots of my sister and the guy's chats, where he confirms clearly that he is dating my gf. That is enough proof I think. nevertheless I have asked my sis to get a pic or something from the guy, if she can.

I have the screenshots of my sister and the guy's chats, where he confirms clearly that he is dating my gf. That is enough proof I think. nevertheless I have asked my sis to get a pic or something from the guy, if she can.

Yeah, don't be cretinously credulous.

You'll never trust her again, no matter how hard you try. Get rid of her now before she dumps you later down the road and you feel like a sap.

Dice//

Banned

Be and remain the bigger man and leave it alone, you have your proof, there's no point in rubbing everyone's noses in it.

Just go "I know you're cheating, and I don't ever want to hear from you again" you have the chance of making her feel guilty and remorseful.
If you just make her mad then you'll BOTH leave the situation bitter and she just goes into someone else's arms with less guilt on her conscience.

Listen to your friendly GAF; it'll suck for a bit, but it's a better choice in the long haul for someone who won't even matter soon.

trixx

I just found out my fiancée who I've been dating for 3.5 years was cheating on me while I was visiting her parents for the first time

Feel bad for her parents who were treating me like their son. My family all hated her, I should've taken that as a sign she was no good
Damn. Why does the family always know these things or have a feeling

Mook1e

Dang, yeah, ghost. Get your stuff, get tested, say by to the almost-inlaws.

Just stop, man. Have a mature conversation and break it off cleanly. Don't make it messy in pursuit of Justice or closure or some shit

Sygma

Its not I think, it is all you need. now leave her alone. You re above what she is man, because she definitely won't feel bad about it or will fake that she is. Don't lose your time for that person

CronoShot

Don't. You already have the proof. Tell her you know what she's doing, and cut off all contact.

Be done with it.

You have all the proof you need. It hurts but it's really cut and dry what you have to do. Many of us have been through it. Just charge that 1.5 years to the game and keep it moving.

ThisGuy

Ignore these people telling you not to show her. Its simple. Meet her in person, it's a decent thing to do. And break up with her. Talk it out, show her what you know. Back it up with evidence, cause some people put their SO on blast (as in she'll say you're paranoid).

Do not buy into her bullshit. She's a player, simple and plain.

TheContact

1.5 years is not a long time. Too early to think about getting married. Be thankful you found out now and not later in life. Dump her and move on. I take it you’re young.

Seriously.

Tell her you know what’s going on, and leave. Block her shit (by far the best way to move forward). Don’t get wrapped up in any bs.

People that do this generally are desparately clinging. Like reality is if you know ya girl is cheating you dont have to fucking do anything special. "I know you are cheating on me seeing ________. Put my shit in garbage bags and leave em on the porch. My sis will get them tomorrow. Peace."

Done. How hard is that?

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Don't forget to tell the other guy he's being cheated on.

FreeMufasa

I bet he still marries her.

The fact you ain't already cut and bounced and are still getting proof means you ain't leaving. Boyfriend no.2. Your gyal and his gyal now.

Do not buy into her bullshit. She's a player, simple and plain.

Good advice, but an extended conversation exponentially increases the chances of the bold happening. Especially for someone in OP's mental state (judging by his posts).

The more you expose yourself, the more likely you get wrapped up in manipulative, stupid bullshit.

"Noooo... I swear! I love you so much! Don't let anyone get between us"

The evidence is there.

Step 1. Call her up and say she is a conniving cheater. Never talk to her again.

Step 2. Tell your sister to send a picture of you and the girl as a couple to the guy on facebook, and to tell him that he is being cheated on also. You and your sister never talk to him again.

Step 3. Call her parents and tell them that their daughter is a cheater. Never talk to them again.

Barren Mind

You won't want to hear this but these things happen more often then you think. Luckily in my experience the one getting cheated on ends up much better in the long term. There's something about being betrayed that brings out the best in humanity. The ability to persevere and fight through pain is amazing. Learn from this. Grow from this. You're going to be just fine.

Dice//

Banned
Step 3. Call her parents and tell them that their daughter is a cheater. Never talk to them again.

Ew. What is this, grade school?
Please don't tell on people's parents, that's super lame and weird and doesn't really involve them (I do like the idea about letting 'the other guy' know).

Please don't tell on people's parents, that's super lame and weird and doesn't really involve them (I do like the idea about letting 'the other guy' know).

Yes, it's the school of well-deserved hard knocks. I mean, it's not like he doesn't know the parents. He met them already with intent for them to be future in-laws. They deserve to know the real reason for their daughter's future relationship problems.

sfedai0

Banned
The evidence is there.

Dont. My sister found out she was being cheated on 2 months before the wedding and spread the news over social media and their friends. Told his parents and it did not turn out good for either side. Walk away with your dignity.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Dont. My sister found out she was being cheated on 2 months before the wedding and spread the news over social media and their friends. Told his parents and it did not turn out good for either side. Walk away with your dignity.

How does that turn out bad for her?

notaskwid

Yes, it's the school of well-deserved hard knocks. I mean, it's not like he doesn't know the parents. He met them already with intent for them to be future in-laws. They deserve to know the real reason for their daughter's future relationship problems.
99 out 100 times parents will take their children side, this will only cause unnecessary grief to the OP.

Resilient

Fk OP just listen to the people saying , get your stuff back. Tell her it's over. Never look back.

The way you sound like you're gonna go about it (evidence and proof) makes you sound like a pussy. This relationship is already dead, you'll never think of her the same again. Then again you already fucked up by hanging around while she still has the app. Lol.

Petty as fuck. Really all I have to say here.

Dice//

Banned

Did you also tell on parents when the cool kids were smoking up?
The people in this situation are adults and no one needs to add mommy and daddy getting angry too or throw more vitriol into a relationship that's essentially over, it'll probably just drag out the shit trail more.

Oscar

At 1.5 years of dating, I was still getting to know more about my gf. Can't fathom how someone would dive into marriage territory that early, but to each their own.

ironmang

Naw it's fine. They deserve to know the truth why he's not going to be their son-in-law instead of whatever bullshit she'll come up with.

99 out 100 times parents will take their children side, this will only cause unnecessary grief to the OP.

Which is why he goes no contact after telling them.

Tater

Normally, I'd say to just break it off and go silent, but it all changes if they have a lot of friends in common. The cheater will try to spread their bullshit and achieve a social victory in that case. Sometimes you have to alpha strike with your friends and then move on.

OP, the thing to remember is that confronting a cheater is pointless. They had no problem lying to you before, and going after them for an explanation or apology only gives them control over your emotional state.

Take back control, end it, and cut contact. If you have friends in common, tell them about this whole thing before you end it.

HiiiLife

This man said call his parents lol. Put it social media while you’re at it. Everyone must know.

Just cut the broad out your life and move on.

At 1.5 years of dating, I was still getting to know more about my gf. Can't fathom how someone would dive into marriage territory that early, but to each their own.
I mean, I've been in a relationship for 9 months and I'd be lying if I said we hadn't talked about marriage. We both focus on long term stuff a lot, so it's healthy to ask stuff like that. I don't think OP was carrying the ring in his pocket waiting for the right time to propose, he just felt like it was a strong enough relationship to continue in that direction.

My advice for this situation is to just pack up and get out, but talk to her. Let her know the situation and then go. Don't rub it in her face or anything childish, just be honest and tell her what you know and that the trust is gone or something.

Dryk

The best way this can go down is for you and the other guy to walk into the room, cross your arms, shake your heads, and silently walk out.

Conversely I married my wife after being with her for 1 month and knowing her for 3. I agree, not everyone's the same. :)

Edit: I still agree you're probably doing the right thing if you just break it off with her, but one guy's word that he's dating your gf without any actual evidence of her doing anything isn't 100% solid proof. If it was me I'd want to confront her and see what she says.

jwk94

Wait, what did his parents do?

Why don't you do the proper thing and contact the man to meet, break the news to him about you both being played, and decide where to move from there?

Dryk

Why don't you do the proper thing and contact the man to meet, break the news to him about you both being played, and decide where to move from there?
My mum did this when she found out her boyfriend's ex-wife was actually his wife, who did not approve of them dating. Turns out it's a good bonding experience.

Violet_0

Banned
she had a parallel relationship with someone else you didn't know about (seems he was clueless as well) for at least a couple months and she's still meeting guys through the dating app. Ehm, I mean, go talk to her, but I have a sneaking suspicion that you'll have to put the wedding plans on ice, for the moment being

Top Bottom