• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Character vote | The Campaign united us, The Voting will destroy us

My votes were:

Eliza
Scythana
D. Violet
Minette

The time characters sounded interesting, but probably a complete pain to make both fun and fair. Minette was sort of my toss-up, but ultimately her gimmick with the customers popping up sounded fun. Very nearly went for Taliesin, Black Dahlia or Molly instead.

I may or may not have been following some of the /vg/ Skullgirls threads:

Wa0NPCv.png

Haven't actually voted yet and may possibly go with Annie over Aeon.

5U1KCTl.png

If either of these two make it in I'll be satisfied. Brain Drain would be awesome as well, but I can't find any decent images of him. Aeon or Annie would likewise be good, though I'm not as fixated on them as my first 3.

Black Dahlia supporters should check this out

Psxphile

Voted.

Hm, a few people donated to the campaign but don't have a copy of Skullgirls (PC-only bros that donated for the Steam code). They might have some difficulty answering one or two of the poll questions truthfully (specifically the "how do you play Skullgirls" Q).

ArjanN

Adam
Beowulf
Panzerfaust
Ms. Victoria

Voted.

Hm, a few people donated to the campaign but don't have a copy of Skullgirls (PC-only bros that donated for the Steam code). They might have some difficulty answering one or two of the poll questions truthfully (specifically the "how do you play Skullgirls" Q).

That's half the backers I guess. :p

I just answered that as "how will you play skullgirls"

IronLich

I have to pick between Minette and Hive at some point. This is a very grim reality hanging above my shoulders.

But for now, I'm voting for Minette and Hive to make eligible to begin with. And remember people, if you like Filia, throw in a vote for Samson. And remember, Umbrella is good things.

Loona

I wish the additional poll questions could have allowed more detailed answers:

- for the reasons for character selection, I could only use 1 for the whole lot, while they're different depending on the character (I like Beowulf and Roxie primarily for aesthetics, Scythana a lot more for the gameplay potential - and her story could cover more unknown ground of the setting - , and based on the 3rd character page Panzerfaust has the most SNK gameplay inspirations, so I had to vote for him). I ended up selecting Appearance, since it's OK for most, I guess

- there's no "rarely" option for how often one plays online - I pretty much only tried once, used a single character, and spent most of the match getting comboed. Not technically true, but between Never and Sometimes I picked Never

- I wish I could have selected more than one character from the current cast - I like Peacock, Nadia (Ms. Fortune) and Valentine almost equally in different ways and practically ignore the rest (though I feel Parasoul's a better postergirl for the game than Fillia). Ended up selecting Nadia.

Cyrano

Voted:
Minette
Feng
Aeon
Annie
This is almost my vote. Voted for Molly instead of Annie. Will be funny if Aeon makes it in, just because Mike doesn't want to make her balanced. I kinda wish I could vote for one character multiple times, but I can see how that would skew the vote.

My favorite fighting game characters are probably Minette and Juri. (Because Minette will win.)

Also, Ravidrath, PMing you a question about donations.

Voted for:
Annie
The HurtingBeowulf
Black Dahlia
Stanley

There were some other character designs that looked more appealing, but I picked the ones with mechanics that were the least likely to give me a headache.

shaowebb

My votes.

EoUtPsh.jpg

The Isaac demo won me over. I was going to vote Feng for the bird thing, but I really don't think I'd get into the gimmick too much if I had her even though I love her design and uniqueness. Beatrix however has a really cool sounding visual gimmick and a jealous character sounds really fun. My main two wants are Taliesin and Beowulf though.

TALIESIN
Stance changing puppet using character like Carl Clover who turns opponents into musical instruments (that his own musical instrument puppet is jealous of since he keeps them).

BEOWULF
Pro Wrestling themed character who uses chair for attacks, as a weapon to throw and pickup, as a stage hazard to drop folks on, and just in general to sit on when tagged out (Who Mike wants to force you to walk over to in order to "Tag" him in with a high five)

ISAAC
Insanely unique playstyle for a fighter. Can summon himself from the future to do a move with next to no startup time on it. 5 seconds later he will go to the past to perform it. Hit him before he teleports to create a paradox and get your health back. Hit him when he attempts the future self attack and 5 seconds later when he comes back he comes back in hit stun and takes the damage. He is unique and as gimmicky as it sounds it WORKS. Other characters require lots of training to learn when to summon assists to extend their combos, but Isaac's time travel mechanic puts a timer over your head to TELL YOU when you should summon an assist to cover the teleport and its recovery. So long as you remember to do that you gain the advantage of super good punishes with little startup, the ability to block and attack at the same time and some really good mixup potential.

BEATRIX

Magician themed character jealous of Cerebella who wants to be the star and who fights with PORTALS! Its like The Great and Powerful Trixie in personality but with cool stuff like sawing folks in half, throwing a ton of knives and cartoon logic of her pulling insane weaponry out of seemingly no where in her cloak. Her Cloak being usable as a portal to absorb projectiles sounds badass and I hope it works like a more advanced take on Urien's Aegis Reflector where you can put up a cloak wall and send the fireball back from somewhere else or maybe just store their own projectile to use against them...I'm not certain how she will use her cloak exactly but its portal properties have HUGE potential for some fun stuff to be made. I play Peacock so the idea of having a matchup as scary as Beatrix's cloak sound really cool. I dig the idea of her using a cloak counter to a physical attack. Maybe they punch it and it just goes straight through her or something...Also the idea of running Peacock/Beatrix on keepaway...YES.

Tizoc

I sadly couldn't donate $1 since Paypal doesn't accept my card, would really like to put up my votes.
As such I'll be buying any DLC characters they release to make up for my previous inability to donate
Non the less, looking forward to ANY character they manage to add into the game.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
1. Molly - 2. Roxie - 3. Stanley - 4. Issac

1. The Call of a Phone Mecha is too great. Signal Relays and Buff'n DHCs!
  2. Genius Mechanic Woman who can build and destroy? Tower defense in my Fighter? Ok!
  3. Science Shark. Photon Cannon VS Argus Agony! IAD Shark Attacks?
  4. A Time Travelin' Black guy with potential Neinhalt Sieger references? Must Support this!

I'm sure I'll get to show love for Eliza, Aeon, or Minette in another round, but has to push up some of the least popular (?) Choics of mine ATM. If not for wanting to vote for some male characters too, I probably would have squeezed Regina i there, too...

Why can't I stop thinking of Beatrix as some sort of Megaman-ish reploid? Must be the colors. I really don't like the angle of the Daggers in her legs... it does nothing for her silhouette, and I'd rather see some types of wraps or design on them, or at least the daggers placed at a more useful, visually interesting angle. I do feel a little bad not to vote for some Lei-Lei / Tenten-style Weapon shenannigans...

shaowebb

Here are my four:

Seems like Beowulf has a good chance of making it. And more people are a fan of Taliesin than I thought. That's cool.

Taliesin is pretty cool. Evil puppet user with stance changes where him and his puppet are one and he changes folks into musical instruments. Plus he looks AWESOME in design with his wooden arms, red mage cloathing, mask, and checker patterns. Plus his "muse" instrument doing all his kicks and him doing all the punches in puppet stance sounds cool. Like a high low mixup pressure if he can back you into her.

-Beowulf
-Isaac
-Eliza
-Venus

Beowulf making it would be great, though I think he should be called Bearwolf and be Kuma in a wolf pelt wielding the steel chair.

shaowebb

Hey Ravidrath there's mention of Muse using only kicks while Taliesin uses only punches. Are there any existing character sketches of them that let us get a look at their legs and arms? I can't see what Muse's legs look like and I know Taliesin has wooden arms he got from Muse.

It'd be cool for use in fanart if I had a reference of this.

Neonsands

Neo Member
Stanley
Beowulf
Aeon
Roxie

I just want either Beowulf or Stanley. Just one of them would make everything right in the world.

sibarraz

Banned
anybody knows where I could find the movie posters from the intro?

I really love them, specially the cerebella and fillia ones

Soulstar

Ok I voted. I thought I was already settled with my votes but I still waffled around a little when it came down to enter the votes. My choices were:

Feng
Issac
Venus
Eliza

Did this right when I woke up this morning.

Annie
Beowulf
Aeon
Adam

I tried to pick characters I would like to play as. Though I am having some POST-VOTING REMORSE because maybe Panzerfaust should have taken the place of Adam fffffffffff.

Top Bottom