• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time Remake For XBLA only right now

Sanjuro

Not a big fan of the PSN, no biggie here for me. Just came back from picking up my folder of TMNT comics. Regardless if this has a 2D unlockable, I will be down for the purchase. I wasn't really a big fan of the SNES exclusive levels, but they were better than the "extended" NES levels.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Amir0x said:
And day 1.

Most bodacious.

And I agree with Himuro, this is the double edged sword on Xbox. I wouldn't have it any other way as these kind of remakes are awesome no matter the venue.

TreIII

DaBargainHunta said:

If so much is the case, why not just bundle it with the upcoming Wii TMNT game, maybe as part of a LE, or something like that?

I mean, I wouldn't be suprised if such a thing would be a great thing to boost sales. The fact that the arcade ports were in two GC games probably helped sales for what were not good games...

Dizzan

MINI Member
Arpharmd B said:
If I've learned anything from this thread, it's that ALOT of GAF is PS3 only.

I have Wii/PS3 but I havent played Wii for months and I barely have time for PS3. I work, study and have a family. If I bought a 360, it would just be a waste of money. I'd rather do something worthwhile with that money like spend it on my house or give it to charity

Dizzan said:
I have Wii/PS3 but I havent played Wii for months and I barely have time for PS3. I work, study and have a family. If I bought a 360, it would just be a wase of money. I'd rather do something worthwhile with that money like spend it on my house or give it to charity

Honestly my personal advice would be to sell off your Wii for a 360. That's just me though.

I feel you though, time/money issues. I'm in the exact same situation as you except I want a PS3.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Arpharmd B said:
Honestly my personal advice would be to sell off your Wii for a 360. That's just me though.

I feel you though, time/money issues. I'm in the exact same situation as you except I want a PS3.

I want to sell my wii, but the Mrs bought it for me and will be upset if I sell. I couldn't even justify selling wii and buying 360 though. There are heaps of games on PS3 I still want to play but I have no time (RE5, CODWaW, Mirrors Edge)....... fml :lol

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Looks pretty fugly to start but that doesn't matter as the game is awesome. Alas, if it doesn't have local multiplayer like the TMNT Arcade version did, it can suck my ass.

Wow, that's fucking awesome.

This is one of those few moments where I wish I still had a 360... but alas, I'm sure this will be making it to either the PC or PS3 in time. :D

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
it's a shame it's done off the arcade version, snes version was the best of all the versions... especially the music :<

Hm, based on all the information gathered it doesn't seem like something I want.

Which is strange, because I'm a HUGE TMNT fan :(

Red

DopeyFish said:
it's a shame it's done off the arcade version, snes version was the best of all the versions... especially the music :<
What were the differences between the arcade and SNES version? Never played the arcade machine.

DopeyFish

xenorevlis said:
Hm, based on all the information gathered it doesn't seem like something I want.

it's just fanboy talk though

the arcade game is still very good, it's just the snes port just oddly was more... complete, a little more fun, had a lot more style and had better music

SNES version really only changed like 10% of the game or so...

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Since they appear to be redoing the game from the ground up there's no reason that they can't add the extra levels to this version.

DopeyFish

SNES has one more level (technodrome) which had two boss fights, last boss is more fun on snes version - also missing rat king boss fight... some of the background stuff was added in on the SNES version

it's been awhile since i played the arcade version...

LakeEarth

I felt the SNES version controlled better too. I'm not happy that it's just the arcade levels, and yes, I might not buy it because of that. I mean I probably will, but the SNES version was just better.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
xenorevlis said:

There's nothing official stated at all besides the fact that it's real - not even those blogs listed are official - I don't think we even know who the devs are, but I assume it's the same guys behind TMNT Arcade on XBLA...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Christopher said:
Also the SNES has Slash the Turtle instead of that big pile of goo

I consider that a bad thing. Slash suuuuuucked.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
sprocket said:
As much as you guys talk about the new gens being better you sure go crazy when remakes are announced! :lol

Who the fuck ever says that?

ZeoVGM

Banned
My god, we couldn't even keep dumb people and fanboy bitching out of a Ninja Turtles thread?

If I want to play Super Stardust HD, I'll have to get a PS3. But I don't want one. If you want to play this? Get a 360 (and enjoy the factually fuck awesome lineup).

Don't bitch about it.

Wow, this was truly unexpected. I spent so many hours playing Turtles in Time on my SNES. The only announcement that could rival this would be a remake of the Simpsons arcade game that I poured quarters into at the skating rink as a kid. I don't have a 360 so I really want this to be translated to PSN and for the Super Nintendo version to appear on the Virtual Console. But, it is within my means to play this game. I bought a PS3 for WipEout HD, I can buy a X360 for this. I just hope it doesn't come to that, because I prefer the game lineup Sony has.

Either way, I'm totally checking out the bus tour when it stops in Las Vegas on July 10.

Zeliard

After this announcement, I really want to see Alien vs. Predator (the arcade game) re-released for XBLA and PSN.

It needs to happen.

Filters, HD Remix, 3D-overhaul, or not a damn thing... I don't care. Just bring it back.

25hg1ug.jpg

2zdxbw1.jpg

30kd01g.jpg

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
omg rite said:
My god, we couldn't even keep dumb people and fanboy bitching out of a Ninja Turtles thread?

If I want to play Super Stardust HD, I'll have to get a PS3. But I don't want one. If you want to play this? Get a 360 (and enjoy the factually fuck awesome lineup).

Don't bitch about it.
A bit of something I did in the Mark of the Wolves thread, and I missed allot still :lol

Dizzan said:
+1 for bringing it to PSN.

Don't they want my moneyz??
The_Inquisitor said:
No PSN?!?!?!?!
Slurmer said:
I don't have Live :(!

Please bring to PSN (and possibly include the original version)
Guenther said:
Negaiido said:
So another remake for XBLA which gets so much credit.
I don't care if it's ultra mega uber super good, its still an remake, when is MS coming with new original stuff like with PSN.
Someone in this thread said that MS would have won E3 with this, are you kidding me?
You can't win E3 with old stuff just with a shiny cover.
AranhaHunter said:
That's what makes the most sense, I'll buy it if it comes to PSN.
carvasd said:
OMG I was just playing this game yesterday
on my PSP

... no PSN would suck though ...
Ken Masters said:
this can't be repeated enough
Hellion said:
So no PSN and no Bebop and Rocksteady?
blindrocket said:
Will buy if it comes to the PlayStation Store. Looks great!
Oneself said:
No PSN as in, no PSN .. or as in Prince of Persia remake?
g35twinturbo said:
awwwwwwwwwwww yah! but

Awwwwwww no PSN :(
Darkpen said:
BIG APPLE 3AM

This BETTER come out on PSN
Speevy said:
Argh no PSN
Guy Legend said:
BRING TO PSN
Leatherface said:
NO PSN?!! *(^&*%^^&@%&*%^@%##@##@&*!!!!
Pai Pai Master said:
Fuuuck no PSN?
MoxManiac said:
WTF, why no PSN?

MisterHero

omg rite said:
You just know sooner or later someone will say Power Rangers >>>>>> Ninja Turtles

Dizzan

MINI Member
shintoki said:
A bit of something I did in the Mark of the Wolves thread, and I missed allot still :lol

WTF is your point. I would like to play this. I'm not buying a fucking $300 console for it. I would like to see it on the console I own. Trying to point out "fanboys" make you look like a tool.

DopeyFish said:
it's just fanboy talk though

the arcade game is still very good, it's just the snes port just oddly was more... complete, a little more fun, had a lot more style and had better music

SNES version really only changed like 10% of the game or so...
No I understand that, but based on the fact that it's essentially the SAME THING but with 3D cel-shading it makes me uninterested.

Maybe it's just me. SSFIITHD or whatever wasn't my cup of tea either, as I prefer the original of that. Perhaps if I didn't already own the game it'd be on the top of my list of DL titles.

kurahadol

Dizzan said:
WTF is your point. I would like to play this. I'm not buying a fucking $300 console for it. I would like to see it on the console I own. Trying to point out "fanboys" make you look like a tool.
No ones asking for console exclusivity bud. They're asking for it to be on PSN as well, which doesn't change a thing for you. So THAT is his point. Get it? Got it? Good.

Dizzan said:

I think the point is these thread are just getting CONSUMED with discussion on why game X is not on console Y. If it's an announcement for an exclusive, you can pretty much count on what the second or third post is. It's really, really beyond annoying at this point.

Just this month alone it's happened in MOTW, VOOT, Lost Planet 2 just off the top of my head. It's derailing to the point where we aren't even discussing the game, but the platform. It's like enough already, seriously.

mujun

Dizzan said:

how do you feel about flower or warhawk on xbla?

Dizzan

MINI Member
kurahadol said:
No ones asking for console exclusivity bud. They're asking for it to be on PSN as well, which doesn't change a thing for you. So THAT is his point. Get it? Got it? Good.

huh? WTF are you talikng about? I want it on PSN aswell. He's the one saying we are tools for wanting it on said platform. Learn to read mate

Dizzan

MINI Member
mujun said:
how do you feel about flower or warhawk on xbla?

Awesome, more people need to play those games. Especially Flower.

What the fuck is wrong with you people???? Everyone is trying to start shit....

Arpharmd B said:
I think the point is these thread are just getting CONSUMED with discussion on why game X is not on console Y. If it's an announcement for an exclusive, you can pretty much count on what the second or third post is. It's really, really beyond annoying at this point.

Just this month alone it's happened in MOTW, VOOT, Lost Planet 2 just off the top of my head. It's derailing to the point where we aren't even discussing the game, but the platform. It's like enough already, seriously.

The reason it has been said in this thread is that the original thread title said XBLA/PSN/VC. And even if it wasn't, who cares.

kurahadol

Dizzan said:
huh? WTF are you talikng about? I want it on PSN aswell. He's the one saying we are tools for wanting it on said platform. Learn to read mate
I'd like to know how you came up with that conclusion. Learn to comprehend MATE.

Dizzan

MINI Member
kurahadol said:
I'd like to know how you came up with that conclusion. Learn to comprehend MATE.

He quoted this

Don't bitch about it.

and then listed all the "dumb people and fanboy bitching".

How isthat not calling people out and labelling them as "dumb, fanboys"?

Like I said, Learn. To. Read. MATE.

Pimpbaa said:
The Dual Shock craptastic shitty controller d-pad.

Fixed for accuracy

Dizzan said:

Dizzan said:

Dizzan said:
Awesome, more people need to play those games. Especially Flower.

What the fuck is wrong with you people???? Everyone is trying to start shit....

The reason it has been said in this thread is that the original thread title said XBLA/PSN/VC. And even if it wasn't, who cares.

Dizzan said:
He quoted this

and then listed all the "dumb people and fanboy bitching".

How the fuck is that not calling people out and labelling them as "dumb, fanboys"?

Like I said, Learn. To. Fucking. Read. MATE.

Cry sum moar

Dizzan said:

How about the people that are actually interested in discussing the game? If I open up a thread about Flower on PSN I'd like to read discussion on the title, not on why it's not coming to XBLA.

Top Bottom