• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time Remake For XBLA only right now

Firestorm said:
Yeah, fix title. Only XBLA "confirmed" so far.

Something tells me it'll be XBLA/PSN with the Wii getting the SNES version on VC.
So I'd buy it twice.

That's what makes the most sense, I'll buy it if it comes to PSN.

Negaiido

So another remake for XBLA which gets so much credit.
I don't care if it's ultra mega uber super good, its still an remake, when is MS coming with new original stuff like with PSN.
Someone in this thread said that MS would have won E3 with this, are you kidding me?
You can't win E3 with old stuff just with a shiny cover.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Negaiido said:
I don't care if it's ultra mega uber super good, its still an remake, when is MS coming with new original stuff like with PSN.
Someone in this thread said that MS would have won E3 with this, are you kidding me?

:lol

Negaiido said:

rahzel-crying-after-the-killing.jpg

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Negaiido said:
ffbw5h.gif

GhaleonEB

Negaiido said:
Yes.

Yes. Nourishment.

guidop

Negaiido said:

what happens when FFVII gets announced at e3?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Oh hells yeah!

Screens look kinda weird though. I would have liked HD sprites or cell shading or something. (Unless it is and I'm blind)

Jiggy

Another one here not digging the 3D at all compared to the original sprites, but oh well. As long as the gameplay's still intact, I'll be there!

mujun

Negaiido said:

one day youll realize that not everyone feels the same as you. i bought flower and never played it. if you ask ME its a glorified interactive screen saver but im not stupid enough to think everyone should feel that way or they suck.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
As much as I love the original, after seeing that initial picture I'm not so sure about this. Will reserve my judgement to the finished product though.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Negaiido said:

:lol :lol

Lettuce

ChazAshley said:
the real question is:

will it have the awesome MUSIC?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI9EriXMSkA - bury my shell at wounded knee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx_IYXceftg - boss music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCHksGbJFWg - Technodrome - Let's kick shell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DvX8Yd5n0A - Alleycat blues

Its funny how all Konami, and in that respect SNES game music sounded similar :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GAo1Q1XVoY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byezW02eSuo&feature=PlayList&p=459DC4A419AAB51C&index=7

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
MobiusPigeon said:
wow psn/ps3 owners must be feeling like
590112221_l.jpg

Busted that shit out for SNES the other day. I would kill to have this on PS3. My wife just doesn't understand why this is the greatest day of my life (but not) right now.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
MobiusPigeon said:
i actually like the genesis version of the TiT (hsh) music better than any other version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEIl6AG96Qc

not only is it punchier just seems to have more going on instrument wise which is suprising.

Different strokes, but I'm glad I never had Hyperstone Heist back then (never even heard of it till a few years ago actually) even though I had a Genesis back then at the same time as my SNES (still have all my old consoles actually) - I'm not digging that Genesis music at all - oh well.

Really hope they throw in SNES version stages, well, just all version's stages, and throw in the original SNES version even though it's only 2 players...

I'm not judging the 3D at all from just two off-screen pics, actually not only does it look good there as is, but if it moves at 60fps and as fast as the game is supposed to, it'll be perfect for me...

Put in all of the SNES fighting mechanics if any of the devs are out there reading this! I want to throw Foot soldiers at my command!

Negaiido said:

Ummm, the remakes get credit because they are fucking classic, that's why.

If you haven't had the pleasure of enjoying the hell of of Turtles in Time, then that's your problem - and about the new, original stuff on PSN - what does it matter to people whether it's new or not if people aren't interested in it?

Honestly I'd rather play arcade ports and remakes than original content. Different strokes and all that.

Maybe if developers these days could do something besides twin-stick shooters I'd be more interested in newer stuff.

Anyway hopefully Ubi-soft will go for a best of both worlds type dealie but if that's the case then we're probably going to have a helluva time getting SNES gameplay & levels with Arcade animation and 4 players(especially if we want the original graphics). Oh and they're going to have to keep in mind the arcade version's difficulty. The SNES version was a walk in the park in comparison(longer health meter, tons of 1ups, etc).

Regardless Turtles in Time is last I checked a better game than the first(or second) TMNT game. The biggest point is that the bosses have been changed up quite a bit so that for they're most part they're more than just "hit once, walk away, hit once, walk away, etc" which makes them quite a bit more interesting and fun to fight(instead of in the original TMNT where everyone just hides in the corner while Don puts down every boss with no sweat)

syllogism

For many the problem is precisely they've had the pleasure of enjoying the hell out of Turtles in Time and have no desire to pay to play it again. Personally I'm never going to pay for a rom/port even if it gets a face lift. Now if there's more to it than just new graphics, I'm interested.

Negaiido said:

Cause the new stuff for PSN is so fucking awesome am i rite?

N30RYU

I'll purchase this game with two more friends if it's released on PSN.
There's no way that any of my friends or myself is gonna pay full price for it if it's only released on XBLA.

N30RYU said:
I'll purchase this game with two more friends if it's released on PSN.
There's no way that any of my friends or myself is gonna pay full price for it if it's only released on XBLA.

Sucks for you and your freeloading friends then. *shrug*

N30RYU

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Sucks for you and your freeloading friends then. *shrug*

freeloader friends? We have a common acount to buy PSN games. So anyone jusy have to pay 1/3 of the full price... instead of paying 3 times the full price to play the same game on the XBLA.

That's why if the game is released only in the XBLA none of my firends nor I is gonna pay full price.

Ramune

mujun said:
one day youll realize that not everyone feels the same as you. i bought flower and never played it. if you ask ME its a glorified interactive screen saver but im not stupid enough to think everyone should feel that way or they suck.

Different opinions, at least your of the few that don't push their opinions on others as law. Good man. I sat my cousin (whose in his early 30s) in front of Flower, and after 2 hours it sold him(well in addition to everything else coming for PS3 of course) on rebuying a Triple . It was something different, which we had ranted about earlier (him saying there's no creativity in games anymore). He was eating crow pie at the end of the day. It may be a glorified interactive screen saver, but it's a damn good one.

Zabka

N30RYU said:
freeloader friends? We have a common acount to buy PSN games. So anyone jusy have to pay 1/3 of the full price... instead of paying 3 times the full price to play the same game on the XBLA.

That's why if the game is released only in the XBLA none of my firends nor I is gonna pay full price.
You're right they aren't freeloaders. You're all just cheap.

Prine

Banned
Not quite as awesome as the PD Remake news, but great nonetheless. I loved this back in the day, hope i still do when i play it.

Negaiido said:

So I guess we should ask ourselves, what's more important? Bringing good content to gamers that they want, or 'winning' conferences?

I think MS and XBLA purchasers will gravitate towards 'games that we want', they've been very sharp with picking up old gems and giving them new life with online play.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
N30RYU said:

I guess if you spend all your money on a PS3, you have to save however you can. Look at all the people in the MvC2 thread complaining that they only have 1 controller and can't play the PS3 demo.

Keikoku

Banned
Negaiido said:

diapo30e86a1fdb61cc20ce28fc0e73c3602e.gif

DCX

DCX
You guys are so fucking picky! Accept this as it is, wishing it was this or that isn't going to help matters. Fact- This game is being made Youre lucky it's even being made in these economic times. Priase the game or don't buy it.

DCX

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
SnowWolf said:
I guess if you spend all your money on a PS3, you have to save however you can. Look at all the people in the MvC2 thread complaining that they only have 1 controller and can't play the PS3 demo.

God, get this console trolling bullshit out of the thread.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
N30RYU said:

Alright, so you and your friends are just cheap - got it.

I hope that you're not one of those people with the mind-state of "if it's downloadable it should be free or cheap" because that is just plain ridiculous.

I'm honestly still shocked that Sony lets this gamesharing thing fly, because of reasons like this that cut into developers & publishers getting sales - but that's for another topic, not here...

Christopher

SnowWolf said:

What is this shit?

Top Bottom