• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why aren't older Marvel Vs. Capcom games available again too?

Z..

Why is it just UMVC3, why aren't MVC2 and MVCO back as well?

Did they renew the license specifically for UMVC3 only? And if so, why only on current gen platforms?

Did they renew the license specifically for UMVC3 only? And if so, why only on current gen platforms?

Yes and because they are the current gen platforms. Why would you want to play UMVC3 on PS3 or Xbox 360 nowadays? The community will most definitely move on.

JayEH

Yeah was wondering this too. Guess they just don't want to go through the hassle again for those games.

Why is it just UMVC3, why aren't MVC2 and MVCO back as well?

There was a post a while ago that someone linked me on GAF to saying that MVC2 had crazy code in the backend to get it all working (360 version), so porting it to current-gen consoles would be next to impossible. No idea about MVCO though.

I would assume UMVC3 is only for current gen consoles because you can still find the game on PS3/360, but making it available on PC/PS4/Xbone ensures that it's on x86 and lives on indefinitely.

Tizoc

There was a post a while ago that someone linked me on GAF to saying that MVC2 had crazy code in the backend to get it all working (360 version), so porting it to current-gen consoles would be next to impossible. No idea about MVCO though.

I would assume UMVC3 is only for current gen consoles because you can still find the game on PS3/360, but making it available on PC/PS4/Xbone ensures that it's on x86 and lives on indefinitely.

MvC Origin should be easy to do. I mean those are CPS2 games, porting them ought to be easy peasy.
MvC2 being ported from the original arcade ver. should be doable, it ran on the same board as the GG XX games wasn't it?

Top Bottom