• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Firemind

I know that feel bro

IuBvRfd.png

HardRojo

The x3 bonus for new catches would've made more sense during a Gen 3 reveal, so now I'm not expecting it to come any time soon, probably December or early next year.

102 eggs? Holy fuck how much money do you spend on this game man?

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
The x3 bonus for new catches would've made more sense during a Gen 3 reveal, so now I'm not expecting it to come any time soon, probably December or early next year.

This event is weird. I’m not sure how Ninantic are so bad at communicating. It’s actually the perfect catch up event for new or lapsed players (3x experience for new catches + some free incubators for hatching rare Pokémon) would be a good experience for a new player.

However it seems like Ninantic doesn’t even understand the details of their own events. It’s bizarre. I just can’t understand the company at all

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
i have only gotten 6 2k eggs and 3 of them have been larvitar pretty good ratio for me

no way in hell the game has been in a content drought since the birds came out and niantic knows it
from gen 1 to gen 2 was only 7 months and a large part of the playerbase was already done and bored a few months before hand
there is no way they can stretch the legendaries till december or beyond it will come either mid/late october or early november

Pejo

Beat my very first legendary raid last night, that Sabretooth thing with a perm. Didn't catch it. Also beat my first Muk and didn't catch that.

Feels bad.

I want my damn shot a mewtwo already. The wait is frustrating.

People are treating Niantic like they're some kind of old god who is capricious.

"Guys I'm not raiding for Raikou unless it's a sponsored stop. The first run was at a sponsored stop."

"Guys don't press OK or the server will get mad that we caught one!"

I'm seriously getting tired of these group events. They can be fun but hot dang is it frustrating dealing with impatient, false facts spouting people.

I think the biggest problem our town has is most of the players are middle aged adults who want to be done raiding by the afternoon. By the third week of Raikou I would message groups to let me know when they go raiding so I could help but no one cared as they had one already. The fuck you got mine attitude players have is frustrating.

border

I press OK after catching all the time. Nobody ever bothered me about it, but if they did I'd tell them I'm not interested in observing their superstitions.

It's weird how people who spout that stuff not only misunderstand the concept of a "% catch rate" but the very nature of a Client-Server relationship. The game won't let you throw a pokeball without calling to the server to check your inventory first......it sure as hell isn't going to give you a legendary pokemon without the server's permission.

GulAtiCa

Oh, I was wrong. I've only just now hatched 70 eggs. I don't know how I got the 100 number. Obviously still high amount for not even being a full 3 days yet, but not that insanely high.

HardRojo

It'd be nice if my 2 km eggs hatched something more interesting than stupid Togepis. I've hatched like 4/5 of them already and I already got Togetic, I'll worry about Togekiss later.

People are treating Niantic like they're some kind of old god who is capricious.

"Guys I'm not raiding for Raikou unless it's a sponsored stop. The first run was at a sponsored stop."

"Guys don't press OK or the server will get mad that we caught one!"

I'm seriously getting tired of these group events. They can be fun but hot dang is it frustrating dealing with impatient, false facts spouting people.

I think the biggest problem our town has is most of the players are middle aged adults who want to be done raiding by the afternoon. By the third week of Raikou I would message groups to let me know when they go raiding so I could help but no one cared as they had one already. The fuck you got mine attitude players have is frustrating.

Damn, i just want my mewtwo. Didnt mean to piss you off

Damn, i just want my mewtwo. Didnt mean to piss you off

Nah not you, just people in general. I understand everyone wants Mewtwo and the lack of communication from Niantic is driving people nuts.

I literally had to move my day's plans around for the only Mewtwo raid we've had in town so far and I was lucky enough to get one. But it was 100% by chance as if I had been at the raid location a week earlier I wouldn't have gotten a pass. The event was fun, the fact that it's as close to random as possible to get to be a part of the event is bullshit.

It's a mix of being tired of Niantic's nonsense, people's nonsense, and people's nonsense as a result of Niantic's nonsense lol.

I've hatched three of the special 2km eggs so far. I got Mareep, Chansey, and Togepi from them. I'm holding four special 2km, two 10km, and three 5km eggs.

I've only picked up one 5km egg during the event, which is great. The 10km egg drop rate seems to be much higher than normal. I'm hoping for really good items from Raids to make up for my lack of playing during the first few weeks of this month.

Walked 8 miles yesterday (Obligatory)

Notable Hatches:
2 Dratini (51 candies! Here I come, first Dragonite!)
2 Manteen (Ehhhh, alright, great IVs anyways)
1 Mareep (M.Bison YES,YES.gif; this was almost my first, caught my first garbage on in walmart waiting on an oil change)
1 Chansey (I caught several during the Valentine's event, all garbage, this one has excellent IVs)

These Super Incubators in the gift box are a pretty smooth move. It works out to about $14.63 for 8, lucky eggs and lures not included, so I'll likely end up buying one more set before everything's done.

Also did my first group raid against a Tyranitar. Beat it but didn't catch it sadly, which is a shame since my perf. IV Pupitar is still 31 candies away from evolving. It was fun though. I'd been doing solo lvl 1 and 2 raids since I started raiding 3 weeks ago, so it was great to take down a monster with a group.

Yesterday was the best day I've had in PokemonGO since Adventure Week.

Sounds like a new ban wave may be incoming. Which sucks, since I just got the dreaded warning message for some reason on my main account. Sounds like most every spoofer got it also, but lots of legit players as well.

What's really sad is that by all accounts, the spoofers are what is keeping the game afloat since they tend to spend more money to hit more raids.

robochimp

Sounds like a new ban wave may be incoming. Which sucks, since I just got the dreaded warning message for some reason on my main account. Sounds like most every spoofer got it also, but lots of legit players as well.

What's really sad is that by all accounts, the spoofers are what is keeping the game afloat since they tend to spend more money to hit more raids.

Who's accounts say that?

Hit 35 finally, and before my goal of gen 3. Not sure if I'll ever have any more level goals though. Gaps start getting waaay too high.

I still need 425K more EXP until 35, but I can probably hit that right at the end of this year. Will be a nice milestone, but any levels beyond that are basically a pipe dream.

I may not even gain a full level in 2018.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Surprised the game has been down for so long. I lost a lot of distance and pokestops on the way home.

I just completed a raid before it went down but the guy next to me had just started a new raid (just in battle) when it went down. He seemed pretty angry. We both sat there for a few minutes waiting for it to come back (I really wanted to count that distance, haha) but eventually I gave up while he was still waiting hoping to get back into that raid.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I got in and caught a Pidgy but then it stopped working. When it came back the Pidgy was gone so I’m not sure actions are actually being recorded even if you get in.

I’d advise caution even we get an all clear. Seems like some of my actions from before it went down are missing too

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
That's what I'm hoping for. Seems a bit too convenient though.

They would never take the whole game down for hours without warning. There’s no way this was planned. It happened without warning and would’ve robbed people of items they paid for (people who just used a lucky egg for example). In fact come to think of it the guy next to me when it went down lost a premium raid pass.

Anyway, it’s some kind of bug. If it was planned even Ninantic can manage to give warning so people don’t lose things they paid real money for

Oh, Niantic. When I said I wanted to catch a perfect golden fish, I meant Shiny Magikarp. You must have misinterpreted because you gave me a perfect Goldeen fish instead.

22050533_10214705334051073_1302576959_o.jpg

Still, thanks for him.

robochimp

Has anyone else noticed that the map seems to have been updated?

There is a little valet roundabout drop off road at the front of the hospital I work at that appeared on the map yesterday.

Game being down couldn’t have come at a worse time for me. Frustrating

Ok... it's not just me. I came here to ask what's going on with the app and why it's so slow? Seems to just be down. Couldn't have come at a worse time since I just got the Pokémon Go Plus and lost out on so much distance. Any word on how long this will be down?

Hadn't picked this up in over a year. However, I've been running a lot more so I've decided to also play this just for fun while I'm on a run. I'm never going to spend any money but so far it's been pretty fun grinding both irl and the game. Although the distance tracker for hatching eggs is terrible.

Game has been an unplayable shit show for me today. 10 min loading balls, constant errors, unable to battle or raid, couldn't catch anything for hours.

im_dany

Me and another player today had to spent two tickets to join a raid, I don't know if it actually took the ticket because I don't remember how many of them I had, I hope that was just a visual bug. Atleast I catched it, a 95% Tyranitar :D

Top Bottom