• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Shizza

Hadn't picked this up in over a year. However, I've been running a lot more so I've decided to also play this just for fun while I'm on a run. I'm never going to spend any money but so far it's been pretty fun grinding both irl and the game. Although the distance tracker for hatching eggs is terrible.

I've noticed it's real bad in the city (it ends up tracking about 1 km or less per actual mile I've walked), but out in more open areas it's much closer.

I've noticed it's real bad in the city (it ends up tracking about 1 km or less per actual mile I've walked), but out in more open areas it's much closer.

The delay is the worst part. It could say 1.5k/2 walked and then a second later my pokemon starts to hatch. Makes dropping lucky eggs at the right time very difficult

dh4niel

Has anyone else noticed that the map seems to have been updated?

There is a little valet roundabout drop off road at the front of the hospital I work at that appeared on the map yesterday.

Yeah. I noticed there were 2 extra stops on my way home from work. I also noticed alot more Pokémon more appearing than usual.

GulAtiCa

Never have I've gotten so many 10k eggs so quickly and back to back. I must have gotten 25 total so far (this includes the 7 on me currently, with the oldest being from yesterday and the 9 I hatched as the event happened)

sam777

Is there a list of what Pokemon is currently in each egg during this event?

As I have acquired 3 10k eggs during this event, the one bloody time I want 2k's I start to get 10k's.

HardRojo

2 more Togepis! Fuck you too Niantic! Oh and your Error 29 can go fuck itself too, it sucks taking down a gym to get the control bonus for the raid, only for some weird error to randomly pop upsand locking you out of attacking a gym you've been attacking for 10 minutes already.

ugoo18

Hi all, quick question here. I lost my old power bank on a train and am looking to buy a new one.

These are my options

Xiaomi 20000mAh Mi Power Bank 2
ONCOM 20000mAh Power Bank with LCD Display

Of the two if anyone has used them which would you recommend for Pokemon Go use?

My phone is an Xperia XZ

So 2 pokemon I put in a gym today, and when they were apparently defeated, I got no coins from them. I checked my Journal, and those pokemon weren't even logged as being returned to me at all. I had only collected 15 coins for the day so I hadn't gotten near my 50 coin limit. weird.

HardRojo

So 2 pokemon I put in a gym today, and when they were apparently defeated, I got no coins from them. I checked my Journal, and those pokemon weren't even logged as being returned to me at all. I had only collected 15 coins for the day so I hadn't gotten near my 50 coin limit. weird.
Yeah several people in my groups are reporting a similar problem.

It seems like we're starting to get EX raid invitations here in Lima, Peru. Hopefully I'll get one.

robochimp

2 more Togepis! Fuck you too Niantic! Oh and your Error 29 can go fuck itself too, it sucks taking down a gym to get the control bonus for the raid, only for some weird error to randomly pop upsand locking you out of attacking a gym you've been attacking for 10 minutes already.

Is that the one that happens when you attack one Pokémon and quit out each time, picking them off one by one?

GulAtiCa

Event extended by 24 hours.

Also new ex wave has gone through. I didn't get one this time. Oh well, doesn't seem like any gyms that I've done before

Joni

Is there a list of what Pokemon is currently in each egg during this event?

As I have acquired 3 10k eggs during this event, the one bloody time I want 2k's I start to get 10k's.

Same problem. At least they still contain the same-ish Pokémon and you get more coins/stardust for 10K.

Yay, got an EX Pass.

Congrats! Don't let it run away.

If you're on Team Instinct, show up early. If you can't take the Gym, you must pair up with other team members or risk losing Mewtwo. I posted a cautionary tale a few pages back for others.

I'm having some good luck, too. I hatched six of the special 2kms, and I've hatched 2 Larvitar, 2 Mareep, 1 Chansey, and 1 Remoraid. Also got my third Raikou (on the second ball again!) out of four. Never had anywhere close to that kind of luck with previous Legendaries.

Bah! The one in Sheff city centre is the one gym I haven't raided at. Poor luck here. On the one hand, I'd like them to just roll this out proper so I can do one, on the other, I'm glad they're rolling it out so people can stop claiming that testing at sponsored gyms is a moneygrabbing conspiracy (why do I read Reddit comments).

Happy with the extended stardust, mind.

So I went to catch some Pokemon and take a gym after lunch like usual and suddenly there were 12 people at an Entei raid. Ran over to them and was able to join. So I finally got the chance to do my first Entei raid.
And I caught it. I'm so happy right now. I already gave up on it tbh but now I'm very relieved. IVs suck but I wouldn't bother about leveling up Entei anyways.

Welp, now I know why I've been hatching all the Mankey I've been hatching

DKu5PWTXUAE4tiK.jpg

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck, I'm jealous. I use mine as soon as I'm able. Got 5k atm.

I usually save up and then do a whole bunch at once. It’s the only way to feel like I’ve actually made any progress. Right now I’m really torn about what to use it on though.

Event with double stardust the game is super unbalanced. It’s frustrating because I want to have a diverse ‘fun’ team of Pokémon I like but the game basically makes it impossible to do so

GulAtiCa

At least Milltanks are rare as hell here. Sudowoodo and Starmony's are everywhere. :(

Also, at 102 eggs officially hatched. So far I am doing about 100k in stardust each day. Already up by like 45k today. Down side is that even with hitting so many pokestops, I still need to buy pokeballs each day... Oh well. lol

I know people IRL that are grinding every night for hours upon ends and at like 1.5+ million in stardust now lol

I shouldn't have spent money on incubators TBH.

Anyways, how's everyone's dex coming along?

Mine so far:

Caught 226 Seen 235

Gen 1
Farfetch'd - Regional (Asia)
Kangaskhan - Regional (Australia)
Mr. Mime - Regional (Europe)
Mew - Not Released Yet

Gen 2
Lanturn - Have Enough Candy
Flaafy - Have Enough Candy
Ampharos - Not Enough Candy (45)
Bellosom - Have Enough Candy
Politoed - Not Enough Candy (50)
Jumpluff - Not Enough Candy (50)
Unown - Get Lucky
Forretress - Have Enough Candy
Steelix - No Steel Coat
Heracross - Regional (Latin America / Texas / Florida)
Corsola - Regional (Tropics)
Delibird - Not Released Yet
Kingdra - Have Enough Candy
Porygon2 - No Upgrade
Smeargle - Not Released Yet
Hitmontop - No Tyrogue With Proper Stats
Entei - Not Released In Region
Suicune - Not Released In Region
Pupitar - Have Enough Candy

Need
Plane Tickets
Steel Coat
Upgrade
Tyrogue With Primary Health Stat
55 Mareep Candy
50 Poliwag Candy
50 Hoppip Candy
Next Evolution & Lucky Egg Spree
Have Unown NOT SPAWN AT 3 AM IN TOWN ONCE A MONTH

BTW does that mean those are the only possible hatches right now during the event?

The Silph Road has hatched thousands of eggs so I'm assuming so.

HardRojo

Yes. It's why I've hatched like 25 10k eggs so quickly. The pool is so small that these are coming up often. Hatched so many Lapras, Chanseys, etc.

I see, yeah I'm definitely getting 10 km eggs a lot faster than usual. Also, it would be nice to get something other than Togepi, like Chansey for example :p

Chuckie

Anyways, how's everyone's dex coming along?

Here's mine.

Caught 234 Seen 242

Gen 1
Farfetch'd - Regional (Asia)
Tauros - Regional (America)
Mewtwo - Haven't gotten an Ex Raid pass
Mew - Not Released Yet

Gen 2
Flaafy - Have Enough Candy
Ampharos - Not Enough Candy (44)
Forretress - Not Enough Candy (45)
Granbull - Not Enough Candy (38)
Heracross - Regional (Latin America / Texas / Florida)
Corsola - Regional (Tropics)
Delibird - Not Released Yet
Smeargle - Not Released Yet
Hitmontop - No Tyrogue With Proper Stats
Raikou - Not Released In Region
Suicune - Not Released In Region

Top Bottom