• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro-GAF unite!

Fularu

Banned
Which is extremely bizarre when the repro is available for sale on the guy who makes them's website for $60, including worldwide tracked postage.

Like overpaying for an original, sure. But paying triple for a repro which is still being produced?

With the arcade card, the PCE has more RAM than the Playstation.

AFAIK Sapphire is OOS on its own and only available in a triple pack for 120 euros (that'S also OOS).

Unless someone else has repros?

Vespa

so weird, [half of] a DSL in a GBA case

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBQxMB-B45w

This is pretty cool, I like the og form factor so I can see why someone would do this but it's a little messy with all the bits cut away, seems like the screen might be a little cut off? looked that way when he was in the DSL os menu. I was thinking of front lighting my original GBA rather than doing an ags101 swap but not sure now. I think the original GBA screen has better motion resolution than the ags101/DSL screen but colours are far superior on the latter.

D.Lo

AFAIK Sapphire is OOS on its own and only available in a triple pack for 120 euros (that'S also OOS).

Unless someone else has repros?
I won't link since it's a repro, but it is available and in stock separately on the site for EUR59 including worldwide tracked airmail postage. It is exactly the same item that auction is listing for US$150. Even if it went out of stock temporarily, the guy will print some more.

Fularu

Banned
I won't link since it's a repro, but it is available and in stock separately on the site for EUR59 including worldwide tracked airmail postage. It is exactly the same item that auction is listing for US$150. Even if it went out of stock temporarily, the guy will print some more.

Oh I agree that it's a ripoff.

The same guys sells Rockman for 200$ too. He's just profiting (ripping people off).

Anywhere in NYC that I should check out in terms of retro games type stuff? There for a few days and will probably have quite a bit of time to wander about.

Peltz

Anywhere in NYC that I should check out in terms of retro games type stuff? There for a few days and will probably have quite a bit of time to wander about.

Definitely check out Barcade in both Chelsea and St. Marks locations. They each have different games, but go to the Chelsea one if you can't do both.

The retro stores in our city generally overcharge but there is:

-Videogames New York on East 6th (I was actually there with Dave yesterday)

-J&L games near Bryant Park

-If you head to Nintendo's NY store in Rockefeller, you may also want to check out Book Off on 45th and 6th nearby - they have a much smaller selection but often way better prices.

Definitely check out Barcade in both Chelsea and St. Marks locations. They each have different games, but go to the Chelsea one if you can't do both.

The retro stores in our city generally overcharge but there is:

-Videogames New York on East 6th (I was actually there with Dave yesterday)

-J&L games near Bryant Park

-If you head to Nintendo's NY store in Rockefeller, you may also want to check out Book Off on 45th and 6th nearby - they have a much smaller selection but often way better prices.
Good shit, man, thanks.

Anyone else frequently have an issue with paypal's two factor authentication? About a quarter of the time I try to buy something I never receive the text with the code to log in.

dubc35

Anyone else frequently have an issue with paypal's two factor authentication? About a quarter of the time I try to buy something I never receive the text with the code to log in.

I realized I didn't have 2FA setup on my account so I just tried to set it up...but I'm not getting the codes either, lol.

edit, I just got it. Only took an hour smh

-KRS-

I've had that happen once or twice as well a while ago, but then I just clicked​ the 'didnt receive the text?' thing and it worked fine the second time.

How do you guys feel about modding CRT TV's to RGB for use as arcade/jamma monitors? Someone left a Sony trinitron CRT outside with a "free" sign on it and I hauled it in to my garage and RGB moded it and connected my sammy jamma atomiswave system using my supergun and it looks damn good. Only draw back is I had the TV face down for a few days before I worked on it and now I need to degausse it. Ultimate plans is to build an arcade cabinet around it slap in a jamma harness, controls and a pondora box 4s and give it to my best friend as a thank you gift for helping me move as he loves old school arcade games like me and loves pplaying on my cab when he's over.

How do you guys feel about modding CRT TV's to RGB for use as arcade/jamma monitors? Someone left a Sony trinitron CRT outside with a "free" sign on it and I hauled it in to my garage and RGB moded it and connected my sammy jamma atomiswave system using my supergun and it looks damn good. Only draw back is I had the TV face down for a few days before I worked on it and now I need to degausse it. Ultimate plans is to build an arcade cabinet around it slap in a jamma harness, controls and a pondora box 4s and give it to my best friend as a thank you gift for helping me move as he loves old school arcade games like me and loves pplaying on my cab when he's over.

Since my arcade's monitor is shot, this is what my plan will be if I get a hold of another PVM. My supergun->PVM setup is great though. If it wasn't such a cable nightmare, I'd probably leave my cab as a huge decoration forever.

Since my arcade's monitor is shot, this is what my plan will be if I get a hold of another PVM. My supergun->PVM setup is great though. If it wasn't such a cable nightmare, I'd probably leave my cab as a huge decoration forever.

Actually one of the reasons I tried it was in that eventually my cab monitor will die and though I can get replacement monitors I wanted to see if a tv was a viable pretty much free alternative and shit I'm impressed it was 3 capacitors and some soldering and presto a damn good replacement. Shit now I may even build a few cabs and fill up the game room.

What's the consensus on the retro freak 12-in-1 console? Hideki Kamiya has been lighting up his Instagram with pics of his. I'm not familiar with it, but cursory investigation seems like it's pretty cool to have all that compatibility in one box.

Spladam

Classic Gaming Quarterly - The Launch of the Nintendo 64

Good video on lead up to and launch of the '64
Nice vids and cool channels, I subbed both, thanks for sharing.
What's the consensus on the retro freak 12-in-1 console? Hideki Kamiya has been lighting up his Instagram with pics of his. I'm not familiar with it, but cursory investigation seems like it's pretty cool to have all that compatibility in one box.
I've been thinking about this one myself, it looks quality but I have not done any serious research yet. The build quality looks nice, the price tag suggest it's of a higher class.

Seems like it's an Android box running RetroArch.

Fularu

Banned
Think retropie with cart slots

You pay 150$ more than a pie for the cart readers more or less.

Peltz

I'd do it myself if I knew how. Sounds like a good idea. Don't die though.

hey guys, just got back from grabbing dinner and grabbed these while waiting:

i found a sega master system light gun so i grabbed a few gun titles. i never played battled toads and saw a cib copy in decent shape for 40 and golgo 13 sequel for 8
and a few under 6 dollar ps2 titles with the Warriors for 17 ;

SU0vPnB.jpg

glAZcym.jpg

TWZyyrM.jpg

FJWh8p1.jpg

BTails

Just followed you sixteenbit! Liking that Insta feed.

If any of you retro Gaffers are interested, I'm @at.howe. My feed is basically Retro/Vinyl/Beer/my Daughter. It's Private, so just gimme a holla that you're Retro-GAF if you wanna creep my life.

I just bought a 1-chip Super Nintendo. It turns out the SNES and Super Famicom have incompatible power cables. Is there a cool modern replacement like the RetroDC for the Genesis tower of power or should I buy an OEM one and hope it's good? The SNES power cable I already have is falling apart so I'd rather replace it.

I just bought a 1-chip Super Nintendo. It turns out the SNES and Super Famicom have incompatible power cables. Is there a cool modern replacement like the RetroDC for the Genesis tower of power or should I buy an OEM one and hope it's good? The SNES power cable I already have is falling apart so I'd rather replace it.

I don't see how they're incompatible unless you have a PAL SNES?

I don't see how they're incompatible unless you have a PAL SNES?

The voltage is basically the same but the connection is different. I can't plug my Super Famicom's power supply into my SNES.

I'm hoping something modern exists that doesn't take up two spots on my UPS.

Like, how is this? Anyone have it?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Crossposting from the Neo Geo thread, but yo... I finally bought an Omega CMVS. Feels good, man.

But it will take 5-6 weeks before I have it, so... sigh. Whatever. Guess that gives me time to buy some more games, other than just Metal Slug 1.

Yes Boss!

If any of you retro Gaffers are interested, I'm @at.howe. My feed is basically Retro/Vinyl/Beer/my Daughter. It's Private, so just gimme a holla that you're Retro-GAF if you wanna creep my life.

Requested.

I'm @arcadestick

Follow most of the folks here. Mine is mostly bumbing around the world and random games and cooking (when I have a kitchen). But I post when I'm not too busy or get excited about stuff.

Stopped by the Nintendo store to enjoy their little displays and buy another deck of cards. Always enjoy those displays. That book off peltz recommended is pretty amazing. Weebest I've been in ages.

IrishNinja

congrats on the omega, chac!

also anyone not playing this wonder boy III remake should get on that, it's fantastic

16-Bit's taste in games is just

Cool pics dude.

16-bit follows then unfollows you on twitter, making you wonder what you did wrong besides retweet 87 people praising the genesis port of punisher

i'm not finding you? ill try again - i'm here but i honestly post way more random shit/cats than retro games these days

TeaJay

The voltage is basically the same but the connection is different. I can't plug my Super Famicom's power supply into my SNES.

I'm hoping something modern exists that doesn't take up two spots on my UPS.

Like, how is this? Anyone have it?

I got this same thing for my 1chip mini a little while ago. Works perfectly. Seller had bit of a slow delivery so be prepared.

I requested a follow! I like retro games,vinyl, beer and when she's 18 I'll probably like your daughter too!

I think my Instagram name is my real name because I Signed up through Facebook. It looks alot like my gaf name and my first name is Jay!

Crossposting from the Neo Geo thread, but yo... I finally bought an Omega CMVS. Feels good, man.

But it will take 5-6 weeks before I have it, so... sigh. Whatever. Guess that gives me time to buy some more games, other than just Metal Slug 1.

Are you interested in the NeoSD btw?

Top Bottom