• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

18-Volt

Also, I wonder if NISA will localize Exile's Election and Iwahime: Matsuri. They're both PS4/Vita visual novels from their parent company which do not rely on gross or it's too obscure. If they don't any of those two, I think they're officially done localizing visual novels. Because Iwahime: Matsuri looks amazing.

I think they won't localize any of those those NIS made pseudo VN's. NISA is very unpredictable these days but somehow I suspect those recently announced Toho games that nobody even noticed will be in their next lineup.

I still cannot believe that they're bringing Toho Kobuto to west. Game is utter trash.

Hollow Realization (Europe), AW Festa (Asia), Battle of Z (Europe) and the two latest One Piece games (Europe).

Well, I certainly hope so.

Ahh ok. I got OPPW3. No burning blood. probably skipping that. not touching dragonball anything.

AW Im in two minds about.

Shizuka

For May, I'm only picking up physical copies of Summon Night 6, Operation Babel's limited edition, Drive Girls and every LRG Vita release. The rest should be digital review copies or I'll just wait for a less busy month.

For May, I'm only picking up physical copies of Summon Night 6, Operation Babel's limited edition, Drive Girls and every LRG Vita release. The rest should be digital review copies or I'll just wait for a less busy month.
Which is amazing for a six year old 'console' which was declared dead by the mass media four years ago.

This thing will live longer than wiiu, gba, xbox, gamecube etc. with less hardware sales and more games.

Shizuka

Which is amazing for a six year old 'console' which was declared dead by the mass media four years ago.

This thing will live longer than wiiu, gba, xbox, gamecube etc. with less hardware sales and more games.

And it's not exactly getting better in June, as there'll be Cladun, Tokyo Xanadu, God Wars and Valkyria Revolution.

Bit of an unfair comparison for GBA and GameCube. First of all, the GBA was discontinued after 9 years. That would mean at least 3 more years for Vita and they aren't even selling any hardware anymore (or only very low numbers really) in the West.

And then there's the digital market. If the Vita makes it to 9 or more years, that will be solely because games still get ported to the system, and they're mostly released digitally. Had the GBA or GameCube had a digital market, things could've been different for those systems as well.

autoduelist

So after some time away from my Vita [i know, I know... android somehow managed to grab my attention for a few months, til I burnt out on it just like I burnt out on ios... too many games with so much promise, ruined by iap and gems and timers], I've been trying to get a handle on everything I missed.

This thread seems to have taken over for the other PSN thread for some reason, so I guess I'll ask some questions here.

-What is Utawarerumono?
Everything I saw on it says it was a SRPG, so I was really excited. But then I checked Amazon and it also mentions that it's a VN. So... does anyone know more about it? I love complicated SRPGs, and heavily dislike VNs, so I don't know where I should fall on this.
bonus question -- why do i see a 'mask of deception' and 'mask of truth' on amazon... are there two different games?

-What do we know about Mary Skelter?
I need me a new drpg, the harder the better. (i know about babel, looking forward to plating it)

-I'm tentatively excited for Summon Night 6, because it's a 'tactical rpg'... should I pick up SN5 for psp first? I haven't played any of the series. Or should I just start with 6 (or skip both)... I do prefer trophies, though often play psp games anyway.

-I'm probably most excited about God Wars, even though i don't know much about it. Anyone else? Or is there a reason I should temper my expectations?

-What the heck is Tokyo Tattoo Girls? i see it described as a strategy game but can't find a lick of gameplay online.

Quixzlizx

I haven't played them myself, but there is a whole lot of VN/dialogue in the Utawarerumono games from what I've heard about them. And yes, they are two separate games.

-What is Utawarerumono?
Everything I saw on it says it was a SRPG, so I was really excited. But then I checked Amazon and it also mentions that it's a VN. So... does anyone know more about it? I love complicated SRPGs, and heavily dislike VNs, so I don't know where I should fall on this.
bonus question -- why do i see a 'mask of deception' and 'mask of truth' on amazon... are there two different games?

-What do we know about Mary Skelter?
I need me a new drpg, the harder the better. (i know about babel, looking forward to plating it)

-What the heck is Tokyo Tattoo Girls? i see it described as a strategy game but can't find a lick of gameplay online.

1. It's about 70% VN and 30% srpg, meaning if you do not like VN elements, you'd have a hard time finding enjoyment in it. As for Mask of Deception/Truth, Deception is the 2nd game in the series and Truth is the 3rd (we never got the first game).

2. From what I've seen of impressions, this is a game you want to play on the hardest difficulty to actually get any amount of difficulty from it. It's probably middle of the road in terms of Vita drpg difficulty even then (with Ray Gigant being easiest and DT2/SoSC being hardest). From what I've seen of some of the patches released after people on Gaf finished the game, they made a few tweeks to the highest difficulty that seem to make it a bit harder.

With that said, this game also has a significant amount of VN dialogue scenes to it. Think mainline Neptunia in terms of just how much there is. So if that's not your thing, you may not like this one.

3. Literally no one knows. There are no gameplay videos of it, no impressions that I can find and the only review it got was a 28/40 on famitsu, which says shit all. We'll likely know nothing until Nisa starts actually saying something about it.

Ekid

-I'm probably most excited about God Wars, even though i don't know much about it. Anyone else? Or is there a reason I should temper my expectations?

It's a Kadokawa's game and if it's made by the same team than did Natural Doctrine there is not much to be excited about.

It's a Kadokawa's game and if it's made by the same team than did Natural Doctrine there is not much to be excited about.

Hm, I enjoyed Natural Doctrine, but God Wars looks more like a classic SRPG. More in the veins of Final Fantasy Tactics. I think it looks good, but all the delays worries me a bit.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
All the international listing for new ones are more expensive than Play-Asia for me, even without shipping.

That's cheaper. Have anyone bought anything from them in the past?

Hmm, I could have sworn I saw cheaper ones, and I also checked for shipping to Brazil.
Let me send a PM.

However it looks like Nippon and Nin-Nin are even cheaper as mentioned.

God Wars looks way better than Natural Doctrine, even just aesthetically. They seem to be following more established SRPG design, which is for the best

Tohsaka

Interest lost. I really disliked Natural Doctrine, should've listened to the negative import impressions. It was one of the rare games I didn't bother finishing.

autoduelist

Natural Doctrine is not only my favorite srpg, it's my favorite vita game. I had no idea it's from the same people, now my hype is quadrupled.

God Wars looks way better than Natural Doctrine, even just aesthetically. They seem to be following more established SRPG design, which is for the best

This pains me. ND had such an amazing combat system. Yes, it was complex and unlike any other srpg, but hot damn it tried to touch perfection if you gave it the time it deserved. Then again, it's nothing like ff or fe or any of the other mainstays so I understand why some hated it.

Yeah, I keep getting tempted to buy it due to the box art, but know I wouldn't be into the game.

What I did was pick up a cheap Asia region copy when I was in Singapore. They were selling PS4 (yea I wanted vita) copies for 10 SGD. 10 USD is the max I'd pay for a physical vita copy.

Now I'm doing what Shizuka was doing but looking at unlocalized JP games from Bandai. There's a fuckton lol.

Jimrpg

The good thing about natural doctrine (if you bought physical) is the nice box art at least.

Yeah, I keep getting tempted to buy it due to the box art, but know I wouldn't be into the game.

Yeah I was warned off Natural Doctrine here, which is fine because I have a huge backlog anyway with things like Zelda, Nioh, Dragon Quest VIII and like about 30 vita games I picked up recently.

The only thing was it was Dirt cheap like $10 but I decided to just save the money.

I did order Ys Memories of Celceta (and a PAL copy of DQVIII) today, and really hoping it's good because Felghana on the PC didn't really grab me much.

Most interesting for Non-US-GAF: Currently there aren't any import fees at Amazon.com

In combination with a trial Prime membership you can save a lot of money for pre-orders, like some US exclusive physical release.

For example:

Summon Night 6: Lost Borders + Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception for $73.57, shipping included (Germany)!

____

First hour gameplay video from the english version of The Caligula Effect:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJxxZBAF3YQ

Most interesting for Non-US-GAF: Currently there aren't any import fees at Amazon.com

In combination with a trial Prime membership you can save a lot of money for pre-orders, like some US exclusive physical release.

For example:

Summon Night 6: Lost Borders + Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception for $73.57, shipping included (Germany)!

If it was a glitch, it's no longer working. At least not for me.
This is what I get for those two games.

FYWB9OF.jpg

incpdo

Hey guys !
i 've been playing the spectre knight DLC for shovel knight and i kinda like this character more than shovel knight himself. I love when the companies have the attention of detail and love for their product yacht club games have.

changing the subject : im excited to play God Wars and Utawarerumono . Also Tokyo Xanadu and Va11-hall-a

Joe Molotov

Hey guys !
i 've been playing the spectre knight DLC for shovel knight and i kinda like this character more than shovel knight himself. I love when the companies have the attention of detail and love for their product yacht club games have.

I've been watching some Spectre of Torment LPs, and it convinced me to pick up a copy of Shovel Knight for the Vita on ebay.

Do I buy Drive Girls because I think it'll be rare or do I wait because I'm not that fussed about it?

I gave up on getting Period Cube since I can just import the US version and it'll be NTSC like all Aksys' other games.

Ill wait to see if there's an NA physical or wait for amazon uk to list it. not buying it from base.

incpdo

I've been watching some Spectre of Torment LPs, and it convinced me to pick up a copy of Shovel Knight for the Vita on ebay.

I think is one of the best versions , the Vita dpad is great and looks awesome on the oled screen if you have a fat vita. if you buy the game you will also get both plague knight and spectre knight dlcs but in the future also king knight . the support for this game blows my mind , the fact spectre knight's campaign feels like another game (a much better one imo) .
I do highly recommend this game , vita version is real fun.

Jimrpg

I keep finding things to buy on the Vita immediately after putting in an order.

I didn't realise Superbeat Xonic was made by DJ Max Technica Tune devs! DJ Max is kinda hard to get where I live, but Superbeat Xonic is available in R1 and R2 regions...

And Soldner X-2 is $2 if you have PS+ on NA PSN. Play-Asia must be delighted!

PlayAsia started taking preorders for Accel World Vs SAO, so I guess it is actually a thing and not vaporware like Demon Gaze 2 English. Since this is getting one I just hope Bamco releases hold out long enough for us to see the next Digimon physically.

incpdo

I keep finding things to buy on the Vita immediately after putting in an order.

I didn't realise Superbeat Xonic was made by DJ Max Technica Tune devs! DJ Max is kinda hard to get where I live, but Superbeat Xonic is available in R1 and R2 regions...

And Soldner X-2 is $2 if you have PS+ on NA PSN. Play-Asia must be delighted!

Superbeat Xonic is one of the best Vita games IMO

PlayAsia started taking preorders for Accel World Vs SAO, so I guess it is actually a thing and not vaporware like Demon Gaze 2 English. Since this is getting one I just hope Bamco releases hold out long enough for us to see the next Digimon physically.

Oh wow. I was certain that this was just another one of their mess-up listings, but I don't recall them ever actually taking pre-orders for things like Helldivers; Nobunaga or indeed Demon Gaze.

So it's actually happening? Yay.

I really hope we are getting a localization announcement for Exile Election soon. NIS could need the western sales after the japan debut sales.

But they are probably pretty busy right now bringing Coven to the west, right? :( Or Demon Gaze 2 or Hero Must Die or The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 or... yeah, their list is endless.

Saphirax

I really hope we are getting a localization announcement for Exile Election soon. NIS could need the western sales after the japan debut sales.

But they are probably pretty busy right now bringing Coven to the west, right? :( Or Demon Gaze 2 or Hero Must Die or The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 or... yeah, their list is endless.

Coven and DG2 first!

There's plenty of time for EE.

Hero Must Die clearly isn't coming sadly. I've accepted I'm gonna have to import that one (although I'd prefer it if there was a decent import guide out there).

I suspect Demon Gaze 2 will come but will only be announced at AX after Operation Babel has released.

Cove... who knows :(

(Same with Exile Election actually, but I'm betting they're willing to take a gamble on it given PS4 SKU + DanganRonpa clone).

Top Bottom