• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

I liked the article, but if you really want to make headway as an author, you really need to get a better handle. It doesn't bother me, but I think normies might be put off.

Haha. Quite possibly, but I'm writing articles about a niche console for a tiny part of the internet. For now, I'm quite happy just occupying that niche writing about what I find interesting!

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Sigma 1 was a decent port iirc. It was chopped down to 30FPS but it was fairly smooth and looked nice.

Sigma 2 is the one that fluctuates between like 10FPS and 30FPS and the resolution is all over the place.

Yeah...my half-decade-ago memory was convinced at least the first ran at semi-stable 60... I take it all back! Ugh.

18-Volt

Yeah...my half-decade-ago memory was convinced at least the first ran at semi-stable 60... I take it all back! Ugh.

No full 3D game runs at 60 fps on Vita... and on 3DS. Only stuff running at 60fps are 2.5D stuff, Marvel vs Capcom 3, SFxTekken and SSF43D on 3DS.

Many Compile Heart games are running with an uncapped framerate. They are just not optimised well enough. Framerate in Rebirth3 for example is all over the place.

Unless PQube localizes it and sells well first, you guys can forget about Marvelous localizing or porting Uppers

”When speaking about remasters to Japan we did speak about Uppers. We were informed that the game was developed differently to VALKYRIE DRIVE and as such there would be a much larger cost and time investment involved in remastering the experience for PC, and that isn't even accounting for the cost of localisation. Obviously with a much higher cost it comes with much more risk. Perhaps this is a discussion we can bring up again in the future pending the results of VALKYRIE DRIVE on Steam."

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/05/04/uppers-western-pc-port/

18-Volt

Aren't Bullet Girls 1 & 2 and Gun Gun Pixies 60fps? Also Dead or Alive 5.

I have no idea about Bullet Girls games but I considered DoA as a 2,5D. Fighting games don't have a lot going on, so achieving 60 fps is very easy. Almost every 2,5D fighting games on both 3DS and Vita is 60 fps: SSF4, UMvC3, Mortal Kombat Vita, Tekken 3D, SFxTekken, DoA Dimensions (2D mode only) DoA5 Plus. Injustice on Vita however is 30 fps.

Bullet Girls is definitely 60FPS, haven't played the other ones though. Conception 2 is another 60FPS Vita game.

Really? Played Conception 2 on 3DS and it definitely wasn't 60 fps. I'm not sure even if it was stable 30 fps.

Wasn't Virtua Tennis 60FPS on day-1?

Again, really? I have the game and it doesn't feel like 60 fps. Prequels on PSP and other PSP tennis games were always 30 fps.

Unless PQube localizes it and sells well first, you guys can forget about Marvelous localizing or porting Uppers

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/05/04/uppers-western-pc-port/

Ugh, XSEED. Every time I read about them lately it's like a new disappointment.

Honestly, it's literally crazy how much they've changed in the space of just a few short years. From a company that can localize Brandish and release it on PSP in 2015 (!) to a company that won't localize Uppers because it'd be expensive to do a Steam port.

Remember the days when localizing the game didn't revolve around making sure you have a plan for how to get it on Steam? Seems like a lifetime ago. It's not even really to do with Vita's weak hardware sales either considering it happens with pretty much every PS4 game too.

I suppose it's just the realities of modern gaming. And I'm not saying it's a horribly bad thing, because it probably has led to some games being localized that wouldn't otherwise have been. But equally, it leads to things like this where it's "we can't consider it because it'll be pricey to get it on Steam". Why not just take the gamble on the niche audience seeing you through, like it apparently did for PQube in actually localizing Valkyrie Drive in the first place?

autoduelist

What ever happened to the rumors of a Chaos Rings Trilogy for vita [in US]?

After I accidentally destroyed my vita and had to buy a new one, am I still SOL for my psmobile games? I have them all downloaded to my card, and I know they stopped the authentication server... but I keep holding out hope for a work around. [I'm still salty they didn't just keep a download server and authentication server up after shutting down the store]. I really want to play Tokyo Jungle Mobile.

Takao

Banned
That's from Marvelous EU, not XSEED. I don't think they've ever localized a game. Then again, until Valkyrie Drive I don't think they ever ported a game either.

I think Uppers would bomb hard on Steam without a day-1 75% discount and the inclusion of multiple other games for free. Not a big boob game. No tie-ins with other forms of media. No hype (reviews, videos, social media) to fuel interest since it would debut on PC in the west. Steam Spy reveals the ugly truth for a lot of games in that category.

What ever happened to the rumors of a Chaos Rings Trilogy for vita [in US]?

After I accidentally destroyed my vita and had to buy a new one, am I still SOL for my psmobile games? I have them all downloaded to my card, and I know they stopped the authentication server... but I keep holding out hope for a work around. [I'm still salty they didn't just keep a download server and authentication server up after shutting down the store]. I really want to play Tokyo Jungle Mobile.

There were no rumours about Chaos Rings Prequel Trilogy in North America, just speculation and wishful thinking. Dumb waste, too. The first three games already have playable English text in their Asian builds (PSA: don't import the cart, it only contains one game that isn't in English, with the rest being downloads you need a foreign PSN ID to access), so it wouldn't have been that difficult to dump them on PSN in the west. At this stage, it's pretty unlikely the Vita versions ever leave Asia, unless LRG manages to convince SE to do each game individually ... lol.

I'm pretty sure PSM activations are tied to the hardware and not the account now that the servers are down, so yeah, you'd be SOL. How did you "destroy" your Vita? If it's a broken screen or body you could try to salvage it.

Jimrpg

Finished a new article looking at Vita's 10 most technically impressive games (to me):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress....-showcased-the-handhelds-technical-abilities/

Thoughts? Any I've missed out?

(I've gone for pure technical achievements rather than artstyle or anything else, which is why Rayman or Vanillaware stuff isn't there).

Pretty good list - the games below would also be contention I think.

- DOAX3 (I suppose you have DOA5+)
- Dragon Quest Builders - looks pretty close to the PS4 version
- DW Next over DW8XL? I don't remember DW Next being that great.
- MLB 15 The Show
- SFxT as someone already mentioned.
- Toukiden 1&2?

incpdo

Pretty good list - the games below would also be contention I think.

- DOAX3 (I suppose you have DOA5+)
- Dragon Quest Builders - looks pretty close to the PS4 version
- DW Next over DW8XL? I don't remember DW Next being that great.
- MLB 15 The Show
- SFxT as someone already mentioned.
- Toukiden 1&2?

If Dragon Quest Builders can , Malicious Rebirth too hehe. I guess. im the only one that likes both aestethics and game

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Yeah, there are several 60fps target full polygon Vita games. Very few sustain a constant 60, but they certainly exist.

And no Uppers? Really? That's...genuinely sad. What a loopy, crazy awesome game that is...and a rare recent Vita title that's actually kinda sorta pushing the hardware.

What ever happened to the rumors of a Chaos Rings Trilogy for vita [in US]?.

That's a damn good question. Don't all four Chaos Rings games already have multi-language localizations from their mobile versions?? Shame that didn't come to fruition...

autoduelist

There were no rumours about Chaos Rings Prequel Trilogy in North America, just speculation and wishful thinking. Dumb waste, too. The first three games already have playable English text in their Asian builds (PSA: don't import the cart, it only contains one game that isn't in English, with the rest being downloads you need a foreign PSN ID to access), so it wouldn't have been that difficult to dump them on PSN in the west. At this stage, it's pretty unlikely the Vita versions ever leave Asia, unless LRG manages to convince SE to do each game individually ... lol.

I'm pretty sure PSM activations are tied to the hardware and not the account now that the servers are down, so yeah, you'd be SOL. How did you "destroy" your Vita? If it's a broken screen or body you could try to salvage it.

So the only way to play them would be to create a Japanese account, and download them from the store, and then play them in English language. Meh. I don't switch accounts on my vita [too much hassle, I even rebought all my PSP games that I had originally bought on a dedicated PSP account].

Destroyed vita -- I posted about it last year when it happened, but basically I wasn't feeling well, so took a warm bath and was playing my vita. A spider [that I hadn't seen] dropped from the ceiling and landed square on my nose. I'm not scared of spiders, but having one drop onto my nose while I was focusing on a vita game was enough for me to quick brush my face, and drop my vita in the process... into the tub.

I dried out the vita and did the whole rice thing, but it died and never turned back on. I did, however, rescue the spider. Dried it off on a paper towel... thought it was dead, but an hour later it moved a leg, and then maybe 2 hours later got up and walked away. So there's that.

It was a beloved white OLED, though I do like the new version too. I just miss Tokyo Jungle Mobile.

Bladenic

Just got P4 Golden for a replay cuz I'm in the mood due to P5 but the screen turns dark/shady so quickly, what's up with that? I don't recall this issue with other games. Can I stop it?

Jimrpg

Destroyed vita -- I posted about it last year when it happened, but basically I wasn't feeling well, so took a warm bath and was playing my vita. A spider [that I hadn't seen] dropped from the ceiling and landed square on my nose. I'm not scared of spiders, but having one drop onto my nose while I was focusing on a vita game was enough for me to quick brush my face, and drop my vita in the process... into the tub.

I dried out the vita and did the whole rice thing, but it died and never turned back on. I did, however, rescue the spider. Dried it off on a paper towel... thought it was dead, but an hour later it moved a leg, and then maybe 2 hours later got up and walked away. So there's that.

It was a beloved white OLED, though I do like the new version too. I just miss Tokyo Jungle Mobile.

Man that's brutal. Sorry to hear that! But taking the vita in the bath tub is asking for trouble! Unless your mark cerny of course.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Finished a new article looking at Vita's 10 most technically impressive games (to me):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress....-showcased-the-handhelds-technical-abilities/

Thoughts? Any I've missed out?

(I've gone for pure technical achievements rather than artstyle or anything else, which is why Rayman or Vanillaware stuff isn't there).

Good article, but also sad because as you say most of the best looking games were released early in Vita's life.
Great to see Dynasty Warriors Next, undoubtly the best looking an perfroming musou and a game that deserves more love.

Other not already mentioned good looking and performing games are the Deception 4 ones
Deception%20IV%20-%20The%20Nightmare%20Princess.jpg

One Piece unlimited world r
one_piece_unlimited_world_red_image_hUF2K.jpg

Dragonball and jstar victory+
2014-02-04-065806.jpg

Two pieces of news today and no-one shared?

Poppy Works (I don't quite understand how this company is related to Wolfgame, but it is) are porting Factotum 90 to Vita/PS4. It's a puzzle game about controlling robots, 3D Unity game too (I'd hope the port is okay):

https://twitter.com/WorkWithPoppy/status/860267545701605376

It's already running on Vita:

https://twitter.com/WorkWithPoppy/status/860274302087778305

And will be $5.99 and cross-buy. They've also hinted at a physical release:

https://twitter.com/WorkWithPoppy/status/860456542230806528

And the ever-reliable 10tons are bringing Spellspire to Vita this month:

https://twitter.com/IPlayPSVita/status/860428240950890496

Finally, Slain: Back from Hell physical release is finally in manufacturing, at long last:

https://signatureeditiongames.com/blogs/news/slain-back-from-hell-vita-manufacturing-begins

Good article, but also sad because as you say most of the best looking games were released early in Vita's life.
Great to see Dynasty Warriors Next, undoubtly the best looking an perfroming musou and a game that deserves more love.

Other not already mentioned good looking and performing games are the Deception 4 ones

One Piece unlimited world r

Dragonball and jstar victory+

Hey kresnik - one more that I remembered -

Need for Speed Most Wanted looks really great on the Vita.

Good shouts. I'm thinking of doing an amendment to that article or maybe even a second one listing good suggestions people have made that I left off. Persona 4: Dancing All Night was an excellent suggestion and these are good too. Although J-Stars I don't quite agree with since it gets murky at times. Need for Speed was also something I considered but ultimately decided against since things like the pixelated headlights; framerate drops and removal of traffic means it's a fairly cut down port.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Two pieces of news today and no-one shared?

Poppy Works (I don't quite understand how this company is related to Wolfgame, but it is) are porting Factotum 90 to Vita/PS4. It's a puzzle game about controlling robots, 3D Unity game too (I'd hope the port is okay):

https://twitter.com/WorkWithPoppy/status/860267545701605376

It's already running on Vita:

https://twitter.com/WorkWithPoppy/status/860274302087778305

And will be $5.99 and cross-buy. They've also hinted at a physical release:

https://twitter.com/WorkWithPoppy/status/860456542230806528

And the ever-reliable 10tons are bringing Spellspire to Vita this month:

https://twitter.com/IPlayPSVita/status/860428240950890496

Finally, Slain: Back from Hell physical release is finally in manufacturing, at long last:

https://signatureeditiongames.com/blogs/news/slain-back-from-hell-vita-manufacturing-begins
Factotum 90 reminded me of Hired guns for the amiga, that was a rpg though.
Hired_Guns-4.jpg
185931-hired-guns-amiga-screenshot-first-enemy-encounter-shouldn.png

Takao

Banned

FDC1

Revenant Saga, another Kemco mobile RPG, is coming this week on Vita (and PS4/PS3) in NA (and I hope in Europe)

I started playing Wipeout 2048 because I had it on my backlog since 2012 :) and after they release PS4 remakes it would be painful to go back to original version.
It's impressive looking but Vita controls feel really bad for it. I wonder why Sony didn't make Vita shoulder buttons analogue - it would be great for all racing games and I really miss all the fine graded controls through air brakes which PS3 Wipeout HD had.

Did Aksys promise the Tokyo Xanadu Limited Edition for Europe too or should I go ahead and import? I'm sure it would be very limited in Europe if so, knowing them.

Not long now till Utawarerumono - really need to watch the first anime in preparation...

Saphirax

Did Aksys promise the Tokyo Xanadu Limited Edition for Europe too or should I go ahead and import? I'm sure it would be very limited in Europe if so, knowing them.

Not long now till Utawarerumono - really need to watch the first anime in preparation...

I've started watching it a few days ago, but I've only seen 3 episodes so far. It's definitely a slow burn.

Isn't Xanadu for Vita done by someone else than the PS4 one ?

Saphirax

Summon Night 6 got delayed (again):

The ROM we received that was supposedly final was missing content when we tested it, so we have to have that fixed. Even if we get it back, tested and into Sony by the end of next week (which is herculean, and assumes the replacement ROM is right), I doubt the end of May will hold. I just don't have a better idea until we receive the fixed ROM and test it. We've told retailers and distributors, who may put up new placeholder dates, but know that we have NOT set a new date, and can't until we test the replacement ROM. Once it gets past us, it's very likely to get through Sony, so we're on the manufacture train at that point, and manufacture is a few weeks.

Sucks, I know. We're disappointed, too, because it means ANOTHER playthrough to test the fixed ROM, and a delay for fans, but trust me, you did NOT want the version we got, and I prefer to release as clean a disc as possible instead of a mess that is day-one patched, because someday those patch servers will not be there and the mess on the disc is all people will have to judge the game by.

http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/showthread.php?1342-Summon-Night-6-Production-Bits/page38

Top Bottom