• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Major full-fledged" Assassin's Creed Sequel Confirmed for 2012

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Smo21 said:
True. Wasn't the AC:B team like 300+? Im gonna assume AC3 is gonna be enormous. Ubi basically does troll math and instead of having 100 people take 2-3 years that just multiply
The credits for Brotherhood are simply staggering in terms of numbers:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/assassins-creed-brotherhood/credits

As for the multiplication (more or less), it does work but it requires some pretty awesome project management and planning.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
The Crimson Kid said:
Ubi needs these games to come out as quickly as they are due to the plot begging to have a game out for the Mayan calendar date.

It's too bad that each game has gotten progressively glitchier as the dev time got shorter from one to the next. Brotherhood was a glitchy mess and the one+ year dev time really showed. Hopefully AC3 will be playable, at this rate.

Been a lot more than 1+ years on AC3

thekad

Banned
It's pretty obvious now that it's going to be set in the French Revolution or around that time. I just hope they can squeeze a little America in there.

Yenrot said:
5 in 5 years?

Same thought that crossed my mind, do they honestly think they can keep this pace with out damaging the brand or worse their teams creativity? I am not a fan of yearly releases, its bad for the industry (imo of course).

I'll happily put money on the ending looking something like this, but with Desmond fighting an alien on the top with Jesus looking down from above.

2012.jpg

It'll happen in real life too.

pa22word

Ugh...don't know if I'll buy this one. On the PC, both Brotherhood and Rev released in 2011. To be kind to the series...let's just say I'm done with it for a while >.>

Bro is great, and I have no doubt Rev will be as well. But 3 games in 2 years is way overkill for me.

Criminal Upper said:
how the hell is Ubisoft making a brand new game with presumably a brand new protagonist/era/city?

There just isn't enough time in the space of a year to do that?

Most of what we've heard for some awhile now suggests that Ubi started a team on conceptualization and engine development for AC3 as soon as the ink was dry on AC2 and that rather than being a detour for the core AC3 team, Bro/Rev were same-engine iterative sequels because that's something they could easily build a whole 'nother set of teams to throw together annually.

I tend to agree that annual is a bad frequency for this particular series, but I don't think pushing it at that frequency through to AC3 next year will kill it, and if they actually follow through on a break after that I think it'll all work out pretty okay for them.

Blimblim said:
The credits for Brotherhood are simply staggering in terms of numbers:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/assassins-creed-brotherhood/credits

As for the multiplication (more or less), it does work but it requires some pretty awesome project management and planning.

People who have worked on this game have also collaborated on the creation of the following games:

Assassin's Creed, group of 260 people

Assassin's Creed II, a group of 899 people

:O I knew they went insane with the number of studio working on II and Bro, but that number include external people and outsourcing.

Moofers said:
So does that suggest that Brotherhood and Revelations are not full-fledged sequels? That's a pretty lame stance to take since Ezio's story made the series the hit that it is.

And what's the deal with one a year? Take a year off once in a while. Its awesome that they have all been great, but you're going to fatigue people real soon.

I think they just mean numbered. Besides I am getting impatient waiting on the present day/future storyline.

fernoca

Sorry for the bump, but this topic seemed the best fit for this news I've found:

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/...nces-2012-lineup-includes-assassin-s-creed-3/

It seems that Ubisoft just released the lineup for 2012, including:
Assassins Creed 3

And it seems that it will be also for Wii U
Interesting find..
ACIII for Wii U, also Prince of Persia for the "regular" Wii and 3DS..
And Just Dance Final Party, sounds as if it will be "last one"...? Well, at least of the 'Party' spin-offs.. :p

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Prince of persia Wii and 3ds is just the VC title.
I think that was already confirmed.
Instead AC3 for Wii U is maybe the first "announcment" of a real retail game for the console after the E3 "blowout" of multiplatform titles.

Ghost recon online seems to be exclusive for Wii U (in the console market)

FoneBone

Sorry for the bump, but this topic seemed the best fit for this news I've found:

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/...nces-2012-lineup-includes-assassin-s-creed-3/

It seems that Ubisoft just released the lineup for 2012, including:
Assassins Creed 3

And it seems that it will be also for Wii U

Where's the source? Looks fake. Highly unlikely that they'd announce big games like the next Splinter Cell or Assassin's Creed via a release list rather than a magazine cover.

Sendou

Come on now... Give it a year or two break or soon it'll have no charm whatsoever. I wonder how long they think they can sustain this model.

fernoca

Prince of persia Wii and 3ds is just the VC title.
I think that was already confirmed.
Instead AC3 for Wii U is maybe the first "announcment" of a real retail game for the console after the E3 "blowout" of multiplatform titles.

Ghost recon online seems to be exclusive for Wii U (in the console market)
Ah yeah, checking around it seems is just that.
The SNES PoP for Wii VC.
The GB Color PoP for 3DS VC.

TheBear

I loved AC1, and I enjoyed AC2 but got tired of the formula and the setting. I think I maybe got 3/4 the way through it. The two games after looked exactly the same. Until AC has a big shake up as far as the locales and formula goes, I really can't get interested in it.

Saty

Highly unlikely Ubisoft would blow the lid off of 3 new games in their biggest franchises (AC, Splinter Cell, Pop) and a new Just Dance game in a simple lineup list.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I liked AC1 and loved AC2. then I decided to skip over Brotherhood and Reevelations to avoid the "boring" feeling you're talking about.
I'd love to see a real new main entry in the brand, maybe with an interesting use of the wiitablet.

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
Highly unlikely Ubisoft would blow the lid off of 3 new games in their biggest franchises (AC, Splinter Cell, Pop) and a new Just Dance game in a simple lineup list.

It's not like any of those are a stretch. It was clear at E3 that UBISOFT was on board with the wiiu. Also UBI has the looses lips in the industry.

Flunkie

Banned
Skipped brotherhood and will skip Rev, will buy the true sequel next year.

Nothing against either of the AC2 expansion games, I just don't want to burn myself out on the series.

This is exactly what's happening to me. I love the series, but it's become a chore to get through each successive one before the next one comes out. It's frustrating.

Iksenpets

Banned
Oh goddammit. AC2 is in the top 5 games of the generation for me, bu5 they are milking this dry. Brotherhood was still good, but I just couldn't get into Revelations. It sagged under all the needless weight they threw onto it to make it seem different from its predecessors.

smr00

Banned
Hopefully they innovate this time, i couldn't even get through the new AC i am so burnt out on it.

I could barely get through brotherhood, it's not that they are bad games it's just the same shit and uninteresting story to me.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Every other sites that talks about this list refers to the same site as a source. And no major site like IGN or cie talks about this.

This smells fishy.

antonz

Ubisoft did say last E3 that the Wii U was getting an Assassins Creed game. They wouldnt say if it was an exclusive title or not but it seems pretty obvious they were teasing 3 then now

I liked AC1 and loved AC2. then I decided to skip over Brotherhood and Reevelations to avoid the "boring" feeling you're talking about.
I'd love to see a real new main entry in the brand, maybe with an interesting use of the wiitablet.

Revelations is skipable for the most part but Brotherhood is definitely worth playing.

Play Brotherhood, skip Revelations. Revelations is terrible.

Top Bottom