• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity 2: GAF ISLAND [100% Funded]

J9WYgcZ.jpg

t1487984400z1.png

Y'ALL DID IT! History will be made when we embark on the sacred land; legend has send us for the search of the treasure. The Bartender's Ring, which was assumed to be a mere protector, turned out to be a guide on this journey. Will we find Erol of Levi? Will Bishop come along as he has retired from bartending at the inn? Will we find GAF Gold, or are we going to meet monsters? Bigger than Kong? Smaller than a fox? Will we create a chain of events that will abandon us forever? Or are we going to escape the inevitable? Who know what adventures lie ahead...

It's your story to tell.

Total Backers: 120
$5,000 / $5,000 (100%) FUNDED!!
(Average of $41 per Island Colonizer!)
Biggest donation: $400.00!!
[Note: I will match the biggest donation]

--------------------------------------------

T6LsziR.gif

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire is a long awaited sequel to the crowdfunded success, Pillars of Eternity. Created by Obsidian Entertainment, Pillars of Eternity is a PC role-playing game, and a spiritual successor to Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale and Planescape: Torment. Launched on Kickstarter, Pillars of Eternity secured over $4 million. It features a party-based tactical, Pausable real-time gameplay in a two-dimensional top-down D&D playstyle, with pre-rendered background. It’s a beautifully written game with immersive and explorable areas, and interesting characters. It was GAF’s most beloved PC game of the year.

08U9vIo.gif

In Pillars of Eternity, NeoGAF owns an Inn called “Goose and Fox” Inn, currently ran by innkeeper Bishop. The “Goose and Fox” was founded shortly after the Dyrwood gained independence by a travelling scholar named Erol of Levi. It was created as a place for people of all backgrounds to discuss the issues facing the new country. It soon gained a reputation for the loud and sometimes violent arguments that took place within. After one particularly nasty argument, Erol of Levi left without any warning; possibly fearing for his life. At some point in the future, Bishop, a former scholar of Berath, took over.

99iuxnG.gif

Pillars of Eternity II is bigger, better and with more depth, creating a living, breathing world, with new and returning companions, more reactivity to your decisions, dynamic weather, better lighting, and more. Obsidian has already hit the goal of $1.1M within 24 hours at fig.co, and is on track to beat their original Kickstarter goal. For Pillars of Eternity II, NeoGAF is dreaming much bigger than just owning an Inn. Ever wanted to own an Island? Now you can!*

wFm80vE.gif

Limited to 2, I’ve decided to reserve the reward. For the pledge of $5,000, every NeoGAFfer, whether you donate or not, will be able to contribute and make suggestions in shaping the Island. With direct involvement with Obsidian and with your help, we will be able to name it, describe it, create it and make it the best place to take a vacation (or hide), creating the vast beauties, lairs, and creatures the Island can offer. We will be able to expand on the saga of Erol of Levi, and perhaps uncover more secrets and mysteries, or just go around finding treasure chest full of GAF Gold!

ylgGQky.gif

When you donate a minimum of $10, you will be rewarded with one of the many packs of amazing games!

nKuQt79.gif

Pixeljunk Pack: Donate $10 or more, get one of the following games: Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate, Pixeljunk Eden, or Pixeljunk Shooter.

Donate $10 or more, get 1 of 3 Pixeljunk game.
Donate $15 or more, get 2 of 3 Pixeljunk games.
Donate $20 or more, get all 3 Pixeljunk games!
170 of 350 Claimed!

PGXEeYA.gif

Outbreak Pack: Donate $25 or more, get Pixeljunk Pack, & Outbreak (courtesy of Dead Drop Studios).
SOLD OUT. 25 of 25 Claimed!

6r7GPjP.jpg

Steam Pack: Donate $30 or more, get Pixeljunk Pack, Outbreak, and assorted sets of Steam key for great games! (courtesy of everyone paying it forward!)
SOLD OUT. 3 of 3 Claimed!

jfT2R5y.jpg

Origin Pack: Donate $30 or more, get Pixeljunk Pack, Outbreak, and assorted Origin games (courtesy of Mister_Bubbles).
SOLD OUT. 1 of 1 Claimed!

fetW9Jm.gif

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pack: Donate $50 or more, get Pixeljunk Pack, and Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire + Extra Goodies!
SOLD OUT. 20 of 20 Claimed!

Jsx1ABg.gif

Pillars of Eternity: Signed Collector's Edition Pack: Donate $150 or more, get Pixeljunk Pack, Outbreak, Pillars of Eternity: Kickstarter Hero Edition (courtesy of Glaurungr) & Pillars of Eternity: Collector's Edition (Signed by Obsidian Entertainment!) + Extra Goodies!
SOLD OUT. 1 of 1 Claimed!

EdoKuGx.gif

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Signed Collector's Edition Pack: Donate $200 or more, get Pixeljunk Pack, Outbreak & Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Collector's Edition (Signed by Obsidian Entertainment!) + Extra Goodies! (courtesy of decoyplatypus).
SOLD OUT. 2 of 2 Claimed!

----------------------------------------------

40XRhc8.gif

Q. I want to be part of this! How do I pledge?
A. Thank you for showing enthusiasm! You can pledge by donating here. You can use all payment methods to help. Every dollar helps!

Q. I have spare Steam keys. Can I donate them to be added to "Steam Pack"?
A. Yes! Please PM me so I can add the games to the pack.

Q. When is the deadline for this?
A. The fig.co crowdfunding ends at February 24th at 8:00PM EST.

Q. What happens if we do not meet the $5,000?
A. Upon not meeting $5,000, I will refund the money back to the backers via paypal. However, if voiced by backers, I will keep the pledge open far after the February 24th deadline.

Q. If I pledge, does that come with the game?
A. If you minimum $10, you will be rewarded with various Steam and Origin titles.

Q. What are you going to do with the 20 copies of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire?
A. I will be giving it all away to those that donate at minimum $50.

Q. How will I receive the rewards? Are they region locked?
A. All keys will be sent to the email address associated with the Paypal account. Keys will be sent within 24 hours or less. Please PM if key is not received. Keys were bought from North American store, and should not be region locked. Physical items will be shipped to donor's address of choice, worldwide.

Q. I have a great idea for the Island! Can I provide my idea and not donate?
A. The goal is that everyone who donates gets a priority over what the Island would be like. However, every NeoGAF member is welcome to voice their opinion and help make this the best collaborative experience for NeoGAF. Like last time with the Inn, everyone can collaborate openly, and help shape the lure and the look of the Island.

Q. Will NeoGAF be mentioned in any way in the game directly?
A. We will make sure that all shout-outs are subtle as to not take you out of the lure (A lot of folks didn’t even know “Goose and Fox” was a nod to GAF. Mission accomplished!). However, there will be a Gold-Tier In-Game Credits to “NeoGAF Community”.

Q. The $5,000 tier is sold out! How will we get it?! Game Over, Man! Game Over!
A. We are one of the two people/communities that have reserved the $5,000 tier. Don’t be alarmed.

1eNpGlX.jpg

*Island shipping and handling to/from Canada via uncharted sea, is not guaranteed, and might get pirated on it's way there.

Legacy threads:

Project GAF Inn: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=491435

"Goose and Fox Inn" Construction: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=719745

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Wasn't planning on contributing to the campaign for this, but I may kick in some for the island if there is interest. Contributed some to the Inn previously.

iiicon

I regret not donating the last time around, so I'm in to claim a rock or a palm tree as my own once I decide what backer level I'm pledging to.

Nzyme32

Already donated. Amusingly I think my name may suit the world of pillars and the upcoming pirates and ships, which already sounds fascinating in itself; even if I just have a say in a rock, tree or grave, it's a grand idea

_Clash_

Looking forward to hearing what's possible once you've talked with developers,

perhaps a lord of the flies/ road to nowhere quest where the end state of the island is cannabalism?

_Clash_

A Witness style puzzle of some sort, or riddle to solve may be fun and not require much dev time...just spitballin

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I doubt the collab will be that in-depth.

I was hoping that they would be willing to post on GAF to collaborate for the Inn, got the impression they considered it but never actually did it. Would be nice if they would do it here so we could get direct communication for what sort of input they are looking for and what they can/will do.

The Wart

Stupid idea:

The island is called the Garden of Famine. It appears to be a lush and verdant tropical island but it turns out that nothing edible by humans can be grown here for unknown reasons.

Not realizing this, a small group of pilgrims came to the island thinking it would be a flourishing tropical paradise. After several years of privation an much smaller group remains, clinging to their original vision for the settlement. When you ask them why they remain on the island, they stare at you from their sunken eyes, crack open their thin, parched lips, and whisper...

believe

Then you lift the curse and the name changes to Neo Garden of Famine.

Arulan

I put in $20. Thanks for doing this again!

My suggestion is to keep it subtle. We don't want this piece of content to feel out of place. My first thought was to make it the secret whereabouts of a large stash of (GAF) gold, known to have been in the possession of three pirates:

Gxxxxxx
Axxxxxx
Fxxxxxx

And perhaps some connection to the travels of Erol of Levi.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Grave of the Adventurous Forgotten

Good Abydon's Freeport: "We work hard to relieve others of their valuable works."

Good As Fucked

Grief and Felicity: "An Island where ye shall find your greatest joy and deepest regret."

Keasar

Glad to see we are doing this again. Chipped in 20 for now, will donate a little more later.

Still a bit sad we didn't go for the pirate crew, I was really liking the idea of a GAF pirate ship (The Grog And Flog). :p

_Clash_

Hell yeah if we get the Obsidian guys chatting to us in a thread here on GAF once we raise the funds, we get fun and an island in game, they get free marketing...win win.

Eusis

Glad to see we are doing this again. Chipped in 20 for now, will donate a little more later.

Still a bit sad we didn't go for the pirate crew, I was really liking the idea of a GAF pirate ship (The Grog And Flog). :p
I liked the idea of going for both then combining them, but it'll probably be a struggle to hit $5000 as it is.

I've not played the original, but I've bought it, and planned on getting around to it soon-ish.

This island business sounds like a great idea! I certainly agree refrences need to be kept so subtle that any non-gaffer won't lose immersion.

I'll chip in once I get my paycheck.

Durante

I've put a bit in already -- still need to decide how high I'll back PoE2 personally, and depending on that I may put more in this.

Were there different planes ala D&D in PoE? I don't remember.

I'm asking because I thought we should have a little NPC that just shouts "Da Planes ! Da Planes !" when you talk to him.

Hmm... yeah, I can kick in 20 bucks.

Who needs shipping, clearly our island is actually a giant animal.

How about it rests on the back of 4 elephants standing on top of a giant turtle.

Or 4 tortoises standing on the back of a giant swimming elephant, if we're worried about copyright.

Grave of the Adventurous Forgotten

Good Abydon's Freeport: "We work hard to relieve others of their valuable works."

Good As Fucked

Grief and Felicity: "An Island where ye shall find your greatest joy and deepest regret."

That last one hits Arrow-GAF where it lives tbh.

Violet_0

Banned
suggestion: do something weird/trippy and memorable that still fits into the game world. The Goose and Fox ended up being a bit bland (imo). Not really a fan of GAF memes, but I suppose that's for the majority to decide

expect strict design limitations, like not much space to work with, can't go wild on the visuals, probably just one or two NPC we can create ourselves, probably no say if there's will be quest or how it will go down. I like the idea of a tiny self-contained story not connected to any specific quest that doesn't need a lot of dialogue to be conveyed. Ah well, first we need to get to $5000

alternatively, I propose a Thor 2: The Dark World memorial

What happens if you don't get to $5,000?

If we don't meet $5,000, I will refund the funds to everyone. However, if voted and voiced, I'll keep the donation running well after February 24th to ensure we don't lose the Island, and will keep this active up until the completion of the pledge. Upon that time, I'll stop accepting donations.

I have already committed to pay $5,000 so that will be charged from my account by February 24th if I don't cancel it lol. I am confident we can make it! :p

Bluth54

Donated $75.

I think the island should be round-ish (obviously not a perfect circle) and be split in half down the middle similar to how the gaf logo looks.

Maybe have the story be pieced together by clues found around the island if we wanted a story to go with the island, and devs wouldn't have to script a quest

This is what I'm thinking would be more accurate.

I was hoping that they would be willing to post on GAF to collaborate for the Inn, got the impression they considered it but never actually did it. Would be nice if they would do it here so we could get direct communication for what sort of input they are looking for and what they can/will do.

Given how shallow and ill-thought out the collaboration between backers and devs was for Pillars 1 (plus the nature of dev cycles in general), it would very much surprise me if we were actually allowed to go all-in.

Atilac

I wish I could contribute something, but alas - maybe someone else will want to hide the remains of sloth from the Goonies under a boulder. Wait, can there be cannibals?

Rongolian

Banned
Oh man! Thank you for the generous donation!! Your idea for the island sounds fun lol. Maybe ships can go through the middle of the island lol.

That sounds even better, the river going across the island is used by pirates who make the river seem like a safe haven for trade ships, but instead plunder once the trade ships have docked! GAF Island is the home of master pirates!

Top Bottom