• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch UI video from some guy [named hiphoptherobot]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
Guess Nintendo shouldn't have waited so long to show off the UI. This video is going to take off like wildfire. They won't be able to stop it.

Nice! Really liking the UI. Why haven't they showed this off themselves?!?! Learned quite a few things from that vid (that we should know by know officially)

because showing off the UI achieves nothing good. very very few people see the ui and say "hey man this looks great i'm totally going to buy this now" but quite a lot of negative press can happen from people criticizing missing features.

Cepheus

I imagine hiphop could make a lot of money sticking this on eBay or something ASAP.

The prospect of themes is exciting. I wonder if Nintendo will try and get this taken down/removed...?

VegaShinra

Guess Nintendo shouldn't have waited so long to show off the UI. This video is going to take off like wildfire. They won't be able to stop it.

They did show the UI in a video. There just isn't much to it. This video showed the extra options and speed of the UI.

Honestly I absolutely love the way the Switch hardware looks. No joke I think its my favorite looking piece of hardware Nintendo ever developed.

Its just so sleek and nice looking.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I imagine hiphop could make a lot of money sticking this on eBay or something ASAP.

The prospect of themes is exciting. I wonder if Nintendo will try and get this taken down/removed...?

I bet Richard Ledbetter from DF is already calling a cab to take it off his hands.

Man, the things they'd do to have the premier on the Switch hardware with a complete disassembly.

Finally! Been waiting for this. Has anyone mentioned how he got his Switch so early?

This is great, love the responsiveness, design and sounds.

That themes section looks like a great place for them to release other colored themes and actual game related ones like the 3ds has. That was one of the gripes with Wii u I had. It should have been an easy thing to implement.

I really like the look of it. It's clean, really nice fonts and everything looks great.

yoonshik

Full RGB support.

giphy.gif

Griss

I've never heard this combination of words before

it confuses me

Really? Surely the Wii U OS has fans on here other than me?

It's the PS4 OS that I hate. So fucking boring, and was without folders for way, way too long. Ever since folders were implemented I've come around on it - that increased my usage of the PS4 by about 300%.

Oh fuck, actually, I've just been assuming the Switch has folders. What if it doesn't, like the PS4 didn't? Fucking potential disaster!

The Wii U OS would be better than either PS4 or XB1 if not for its speed

How on earth is that even remotely true? It doesn't support multi-tasking, suspend functionality, the ability to access the primary UI in-game, the ability to directly load from one app/game into another, in-game notifications. Even if we don't want to get into the odd layout, the lack of customization, the incredibly outdated aesthetic approach, OR the terribly atrocious speeds, it doesn't even match the other more modern OSes on a functionality level.

This seems literal lightyears ahead of the WiiU OS.

Scrawnton

Really? Surely the Wii U OS has fans on here other than me?

It's the PS4 OS that I hate. So fucking boring, and was without folders for way, way too long. Ever since folders were implemented I've come around on it - that increased my usage of the PS4 by about 300%.

Oh fuck, actually, I've just been assuming the Switch has folders. What if it doesn't, like the PS4 didn't? Fucking potential disaster!
I loved the Wii U OS. It's just slow and I wish every function wasn't an app (likes friends list and stuff)

I bet Richard Ledbetter from DF is already calling a cab to take it off his hands.

Man, the things they'd do to have the premier on the Switch hardware with a complete disassembly.

That would be amazing. I want to know if it has a 16nm Nvidia Tegra in it or not as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom