• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '18 PS4 Online League: Reunion Tour (without all original bandmates)

Birdman02

GG Soka. I was finally able to get a running game going, and Bradford completed a few big passes to keep things moving.

Also, I noticed a couple of times where your safety broke on my WR, but then stopped short and let him catch it. I'm not sure if that's something to do with his ratings or the adjustments that have been made to tone down the pass defense.

Smokey, looks like we play next week, I can play starting at 630 PST on friday or pretty flexible saturday and sunday, name a time that works for you.

Smokey

Smokey, looks like we play next week, I can play starting at 630 PST on friday or pretty flexible saturday and sunday, name a time that works for you.

Probably won't be available until Sunday, I'll have to get back with you on a time.

In other news, copped a 65'' OLED today along with a UHD player and some movies
rejoice.png

37236712291_f3ef3d83d8_z.jpg

No more monitor life
rejoice.png

rinse82

Probably won't be available until Sunday, I'll have to get back with you on a time.

In other news, copped a 65'' OLED today along with a UHD player and some movies
rejoice.png

37236712291_f3ef3d83d8_z.jpg

No more monitor life
rejoice.png

Dammnnnnnnn - I need OLED

wait...you can put the PS4 menu bar at the bottom like that!?

Smokey

Dammnnnnnnn - I need OLED

wait...you can put the PS4 menu bar at the bottom like that!?

Nah, I just pressed up and went up a level on the profile section.

55'' --> 65'' is definitely a worthwhile size increase. Actually seems just right and fits the room a lot better. Was concerned at first. Would like to get it mounted tho.

Smokey

Arent you getting the X1X? Why get the UHD?

Yeah.

I did research on this and decided to go with a standalone for a few reasons. The Xbox UHD player is pretty bare bones. It also suffers from black crush as a result of Microsoft refusing to fix the RGB settings on the console. Standalone players give you better picture, audio quality, and features. For example this LG I got is the only player on the market besides the Oppo (that's $500+) that offers Dolby Vision. The OLEDs have DV and HDR10 and having a player that could read DV from a UHD disc to match the format on the TV is a plus.

The first 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player available from LG, the big feature being touted here is the Blu-ray player's support for Dolby Vision, Dolby's proprietary HDR format, which is also present on many of LG's 4K TVs. Dolby Vision differs from other HDR formats in some subtle but important ways, primarily in the way it transfers color information, and support for higher levels of color and brightness. (You can learn more about the benefits of Dolby Vision by checking out our HDR guide.)

rinse82

Yeah.

I did research on this and decided to go with a standalone for a few reasons. The Xbox UHD player is pretty bare bones. It also suffers from black crush as a result of Microsoft refusing to fix the RGB settings on the console. Standalone players give you better picture, audio quality, and features. For example this LG I got is the only player on the market besides the Oppo (that's $500+) that offers Dolby Vision. The OLEDs have DV and HDR10 and having a player that could read DV from a UHD disc to match the format on the TV is a plus.

That’s the right move.

I’m using the Sony UBP-X800 since my KS8000 is only HDR10. Get Planet Earth II your eyeballs will melt

Top Bottom