• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '18 PS4 Online League: Reunion Tour (without all original bandmates)

brentech

I think All Madden is just borked. I think they fucked it up or didn't test it with simulation. Feels like we either need to go back to All Pro simulation or All Madden competitive.

I think all we would need to do is adjust run block down on all pro.

I think All Madden is just borked. I think they fucked it up or didn't test it with simulation. Feels like we either need to go back to All Pro simulation or All Madden competitive.

I think all we would need to do is adjust run block down on all pro.

The problem with all pro (as it was) is that passing is a breeze. I had my pick on probably 75% of plays with guys that were essentially wide open. The only reason either team was stopped was a fumble or a pick.

I'm willing to test out anything but imo all Madden is much more enjoyable

Kyle hell of a game brother. The game blue screened right as you scored the winning td. I swear there were no shenanigans. Can a commish assign the Ravens the win please. Thanks

All pro was really stupid IMO. I agree we should leave it alone, let's get a season or at least half of one under our belts before we start tweaking shit weekly.

Also, fuck the Jets.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
As it is now, the game feels like shit so I would think something needs changing. Waiting a season after people lose interest isnt the answer.

CB3

All Pro was more fun than all madden. Which isnt to say it was perfect. But ive seen some real dumb shit in all madden.

Not sure what your schedule is looking like the rest of the night and monday smokey, for monday I won't be home until 6 PST, hit me up in discord if you can go

DJ Bowser

As it is now, the game feels like shit so I would think something needs changing. Waiting a season after people lose interest isnt the answer.
This is my main thought. I Don't want a repeat of last year where the game isn't fun for people so they drop out of the league. Throwing for 60 yards isn't going to be fun for people. I enjoy the game either way.

If we went back to All Pro, we would definitely have to up the zone defense sliders though to try to compensate for that. im happy playing whatever way, I just hope the league has longevity this year... especially since I'm eating 2 or 3 losses while I'm in Cali.

All Pro was more fun than all madden. Which isnt to say it was perfect. But ive seen some real dumb shit in all madden.

This is my main thought. I Don't want a repeat of last year where the game isn't fun for people so they drop out of the league. Throwing for 60 yards isn't going to be fun for people. I enjoy the game either way.

If we went back to All Pro, we would definitely have to up the zone defense sliders though to try to compensate for that. im happy playing whatever way, I just hope the league has longevity this year... especially since I'm eating 2 or 3 losses while I'm in Cali.

After talking with several people, I am going to tinker around with some all pro sliders for next week. I like all Madden, but this league isn't just for me and I see how the more defensive "everyone is the 85 bears" type of game can be frustrating.

There is no zone slider, only defensive reaction and pass coverage. My plan is to bump those up, reduce pass blocking a bit as well. Again I'll do some tests in a dummy league. It is for the best so we can reach that 3 or 4 seasons mark with a relatively full league

brentech

I just don't find this Madden18's version of All Madden fun. It seems like they 'fixed' zones by making defenders react to button presses.

I just looked through Daddy League to get an idea of stats. There was only really 2 high scoring games week one, and the stats aren't absurd from that game.

355 Passing Yards Allowed 321
108 Rushing Yards Allowed 117

There were 2 games that were completely lopsided in week 1.
Move to week 2 when we switched to AM, and 2 teams got shut out, with 8 teams not even registering more than 7 points.
7 teams week 3 didn't put up more than 7 points.
6 teams week 4.

I can't recall the league ever being this low scoring. If that's what you're looking for in a sim league, fine, but I'm not going to pretend that the game is fun.

edit: if you're going to make changes, yeah, lets try to test some shit out, not just 1 or 2 games. I think the less is better.

I just don't find this Madden18's version of All Madden fun. It seems like they 'fixed' zones by making defenders react to button presses.

I just looked through Daddy League to get an idea of stats. There was only really 2 high scoring games week one, and the stats aren't absurd from that game.

355 Passing Yards Allowed 321
108 Rushing Yards Allowed 117

There were 2 games that were completely lopsided in week 1.
Move to week 2 when we switched to AM, and 2 teams got shut out, with 8 teams not even registering more than 7 points.
7 teams week 3 didn't put up more than 7 points.
6 teams week 4.

I can't recall the league ever being this low scoring. If that's what you're looking for in a sim league, fine, but I'm not going to pretend that the game is fun.

edit: if you're going to make changes, yeah, lets try to test some shit out, not just 1 or 2 games. I think the less is better.

Well we did play 8 min quarters the past couple years and now it's 7 but I agree the reactions are too good on D. You flood an area with a zone and the defender more than likely can play 2 of the routes, which isn't fair. Conversely, it's not fair for defenders to be brain dead either... Although after watching some of the real NFL today maybe that's sim!

All pro it is for next week

CB3

Its just one of those things where you can maybe scheme and gameplan around it, but its really just not fun. And because we're playing on sim, it feels like the AI is just going to force you into situations out of your control and you're just fucked.

I dont like easy offense either, but id choose that over 90% of the league having 150 or less passing yards each week.

CB3

Been out of town, can go tomorrow night depending when advance is.

Thats fine, but atleast drop a post next time earlier so your opponent knows whats up and FMT can figure out if he needs to sim or assign a win or extend.

Its just one of those things where you can maybe scheme and gameplan around it, but its really just not fun. And because we're playing on sim, it feels like the AI is just going to force you into situations out of your control and you're just fucked.

I dont like easy offense either, but id choose that over 90% of the league having 150 or less passing yards each week.

well in week 1 i had pass D and reaction up slightly so i'm going to try to put it up a bit more and see. i do agree that not everyone should feel like they have brian hoyer as their qb!

I think vance is set for 6 PST which is right when I get home, can we can a couple extra hours FMT? Maybe play right at 6 or 7 smokey?

i will extend for you guys to play

McNei1y

I know for a fact I'm not the best player but when I'm up there in interceptions, sacks, and forced fumble then I know something about defense is suped up. Then again, I'm not necessarily complaining...

I just wish my run game wasn't GARBAGE

After talking with several people, I am going to tinker around with some all pro sliders for next week. I like all Madden, but this league isn't just for me and I see how the more defensive "everyone is the 85 bears" type of game can be frustrating.

There is no zone slider, only defensive reaction and pass coverage. My plan is to bump those up, reduce pass blocking a bit as well. Again I'll do some tests in a dummy league. It is for the best so we can reach that 3 or 4 seasons mark with a relatively full league

So we are going to make passing even harder?

Sweet!

Oh, also moving to All Pro. I see. Seems fair.

Rbk_3

Throw me in for All - Pro. I haven't passed for over 100 yards since we started on All - Madden and it has been very frustrating for me.

Goff before this weeks game, as DL isn't updated

26 of 66 39% 382 yards 2TD 11INT 29.5 Rating

Those stats are with a terrible, but not super terrible week 1. It only got much worse than that this past game.

OTOH running feels good, averaging 5.5ypc. At this point I would be better off running every single play lol

Somnia

I think being on All-Pro and adjusting UP is the right way to go instead of being on All Madden and trying to adjust down, something TLBB said awhile back also. I just feel like the game players better in all pro with simulation compared to all madden. I don't expect myself to ever have insane passing or running stats, but what I'm getting right now on All Madden is bad even for me.

Smokey

OLED + HDR is phenomenal. Planet Earth II UHD is unreal. Only tried 2k18 for gaming, but the colors and overall picture really popped. Gonna try Horizon and UC4 next and maybe hook up my PC to the TV and see what Mass Effect Andromeda looks like in Dolby Vision.

If anybody is looking for a new TV, it's hard to recommend anything other than OLED. I'm sure on Black Friday or so the 2017 models will get a nice cut too.

OLED + HDR is phenomenal. Planet Earth II UHD is unreal. Only tried 2k18 for gaming, but the colors and overall picture really popped. Gonna try Horizon and UC4 next and maybe hook up my PC to the TV and see what Mass Effect Andromeda looks like in Dolby Vision.

If anybody is looking for a new TV, it's hard to recommend anything other than OLED. I'm sure on Black Friday or so the 2017 models will get a nice cut too.

That sounds awesome, I really need to get a OLED but I just can't justify it to myself until my current HD set dies or I see a really good deal. Seems the OLED is an even bigger quality factor then the 4k

Smokey

That sounds awesome, I really need to get a OLED but I just can't justify it to myself until my current HD set dies or I see a really good deal. Seems the OLED is an even bigger quality factor then the 4k

I didn't plan on jumping in yet, but at $1,500 for a 65" set, I couldn't pass it up. The latest models go for $3,000 for the 65" versions in store, even more if you go with Sony ($4,000+) although you can knock off maybe another $400-500 from certain places online. Still have some time before return period is up so I'm going to be monitoring certain things, but so far so good.

HDR Game Mode input lag was negligible. Felt really weird to be playing on such a large screen with no noticeable lag.

Rbk_3

I didn't plan on jumping in yet, but at $1,500 for a 65" set, I couldn't pass it up. The latest models go for $3,000 for the 65" versions in store, even more if you go with Sony ($4,000+) although you can knock off maybe another $400-500 from certain places online. Still have some time before return period is up so I'm going to be monitoring certain things, but so far so good.

HDR Game Mode input lag was negligible. Felt really weird to be playing on such a large screen with no noticeable lag.

OLED prices were insane in Canada last year when I was looking, so I ended up with a KS8000.

Ferny

What TV you got Smokes?

Rbk_3

OLED65B6

Think a lot of people went with that tv especially after the Samsung employee discount that the TV was selling for. That's a great TV especially compared to the 2017 models which are a step back.

I bought it in September before everyone was getting that deal, so I paid $2000 CAD for the 55", which was on sale $600 off at the time.

Then on Black Friday the 55" B6 was on for $2300 which really sucked. Oh well, no complaints about the KS8000. It is awesome, so much better than the Vizio P Series I returned.

brentech

https://www.twitch.tv/york887

Lunchtime Madden for yall

Titties vs. Dolphins
tenor.gif

Top Bottom