• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '18 PS4 Online League: Reunion Tour (without all original bandmates)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I know I am not the most careful passer in the league but starting from week 2 it has been absurd. The only game I didn't throw a pick in was against CB, but that's mostly because he sucks.

After talking with several people, I am going to tinker around with some all pro sliders for next week. I like all Madden, but this league isn't just for me and I see how the more defensive "everyone is the 85 bears" type of game can be frustrating.

There is no zone slider, only defensive reaction and pass coverage. My plan is to bump those up, reduce pass blocking a bit as well. Again I'll do some tests in a dummy league. It is for the best so we can reach that 3 or 4 seasons mark with a relatively full league

Have we looked at the data on sacks? Too bad they don't show hurries and hits, then again they don't really affect passers much. That said - I am in a rough position cause my OL sucks so I don't have a good barometer - but holy shit I already do not have any time as is.

There's no reason to run the ball on all pro. Shit felt like NCAA but whatever. I really wish we'd have somewhat of a sample size but I may eat those words going off of how week 1 went.... I've won 3 straight and feel like I have no momentum from one game to the next because the game feels different each time....

There's no reason to run the ball on all pro. Shit felt like NCAA but whatever. I really wish we'd have somewhat of a sample size but I may eat those words going off of how week 1 went.... I've won 3 straight and feel like I have no momentum from one game to the next because the game feels different each time....

Not sure how it feels that way as there were no changes last 2 weeks and very little in general since week 2

I think I ran for 200 yards in week 1. Seems like a pretty good reason.

We tested all pro with Max coverage and D reaction (in other words, the best you're going to get on all pro D). I was fine with it. Definitely more big plays from the offense and Defense wasn't completely helpless but still there will be some plays that are frustrating for the D. We will see how everyone likes it!

Gg. Really ugly game for both QBs. The early pick six was the difference.

Panthers: 23
Newton: 44.0, 11/21, 111 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs // 2 rushes, 7 yards, 1 Fumble
Stewart: 13 carries, 24 yards // 3 rec, 24 yards, 1 TD
Olsen: 4 rec, 37 yards
Munnerlyn: 1 INT, 1 TD

Lions: 13
Stafford: 32.7, 9/22, 111 yards, 1 TD, 4 INTs
Abdullah: 8 carries, 23 yards // 2 rec, 22 yards
Golladay: 4 rec, 48 yards, 1 TD
Davis: 7 tackles, 2 TfL, 1 sack, 2 INTs, 1 FF

GG Smokey, the tipped INT was kinda wacky but its my own fault for getting shook on your long run TD. Had you dead to rights and got greedy with the Hit Stick after reading the play lol.

We both had so many dropped INTs that was weird too

Top Players Week 3

GB HB T. Montgomery 16 car, 195 yards, 3 TD, 1 Fumble // 3 rec, 28 yards
WAS SS D. Everett 2 Tkls, 3 INT, 1 TD
HOU HB L. Miller 13 car, 193 yards, 4 TD // 3 rec, 36 yards
PIT MLB V. Williams 13 tkls, 1 sack, 1 FF

Top Players Week 4

ATL HB D. Freeman 22 car, 120 yards, 4 TD // 5 rec, 15 yds
CAR FS K. Coleman 6 Tkl, 2 INT
BAL HB T. West 26 car, 179 yards, 1 TD // 2 rec, 23 yards
JAX MLB Posluszny 2 Tkl, 3 INT

Top Players Week 5

GB HB T. Montgomery 16 car, 143 yards, 1 TD
DET MLB J. Davis 7 Tkls, 1 Sacks, 2 INTs, 1 FF
OAK HB M. Lynch 10 car, 217 yards, 3 TD, 2 Fumbles
MIA CB C. Tankersly 5 Tkl, 1 Sack, 2 INTs

McNei1y

FMT, what’s your schedule like? Wednesday isn’t looking great but I should be free at night tomorrow. I could go now but I’m watching the PBS Vietnam doc and I’m dozing off.

FMT, what’s your schedule like? Wednesday isn’t looking great but I should be free at night tomorrow. I could go now but I’m watching the PBS Vietnam doc and I’m dozing off.

I could play in a little bit when my daughter is asleep or I'm around tomorrow starting at about 4 pm pst to about 6 pm pst, then after that about 8 pm pst and on

PS I can play now

I don't think it's insanely effective, but it is basically the reverse of a suction block. Even if you're controlling the defender and read that a spin or juke is coming, your defender will bite hard regardless of your input.

It's stupid, but not really a concern.

I feel I've had it used on me but never with success. Now mcneily will burn me with it. Thx drizz!

I don't think it's insanely effective, but it is basically the reverse of a suction block. Even if you're controlling the defender and read that a spin or juke is coming, your defender will bite hard regardless of your input.

It's stupid, but not really a concern.
Well put! You almost have to be in a strafe stance to tackle it, if you're sprinting you're fucked.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Swankey Bubbles‏ @Swankey_DMLNet Sep 23
More
Which level All Madden or All Pro goes better with simulation for a CFM? @EA_White

John White‏
@EA_White
Follow
More
Replying to @Swankey_DMLNet
All-Pro is what I recommend

John White‏
@EA_White
Follow
More
Replying to @codyd5431 @Swankey_DMLNet
All-Madden is unforgiving. Especially with INTs. It’s a real challenge.

RG0BS1U.gif

I would usually be for favor of All-Madden, more of a challenge, less margin for error. But I get why people would feel this way about All-Madden this year.

But for myself, All-Madden or All-Pro it does not matter, I suck at running.

Greg

meanwhile Bortles chillin' with 6 TDs/3 INTs @ 9.3-yard average

I agree it's harder to pass, but watching streams I've seen more terrible decisions with the ball than unbeatable AI

when the alternative is MUT arcade fest gameplay where people are rewarded for stupid decisions, I'll take this all day

meanwhile Bortles chillin' with 6 TDs/3 INTs @ 9.3-yard average

I agree it's harder to pass, but watching streams I've seen more terrible decisions with the ball than unbeatable AI

when the alternative is MUT arcade fest gameplay where people are rewarded for stupid decisions, I'll take this all day

Your revolution is over, Greg! Condolences! The bums lost! My advice is, do what AT did! Quit the league like a bitch, sir! The bums will always lose, do you hear me, Greg? THE BUMS WILL ALWAYS LOSE!

I agree, Greg, most INTs I have seen are ill-advised. But I do think the CPU awareness is a bit more powerful than it should be on most players, especially for scrub defensive backs.

Birdman02

Brent, when is good for you? I'd prefer to play tonight if possible, but I'm available after 8 cst the next few days. I could maybe go a little bit earlier, if necessary.

brentech

Brent, when is good for you? I'd prefer to play tonight if possible, but I'm available after 8 cst the next few days. I could maybe go a little bit earlier, if necessary.

I won't be able to play tonight. Will be incapacitated. should be able to get it done one of the next few evenings.

Top Bottom