• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much did you spend to get all these lol

I'd just up a 4* to feed to your 5* units.

I did a massive orb save and then when that was done, I spent $74.99 once for the 140 orbs.

Okay you actually have a lot of good shit. You have the components for a Nino team, if that's the direction you want to go, but her nature is relevant too (you want speed and attack). And if you're going with Nino you're probably not going to run Hector or Lucina (Eirika is Nino's partner in crime). We're going to need the natures of all the candidates to decide this. Use any of the various IV calculators out there and get back to us.

My instinct would be to run a vanilla team with Hector, Lucina, MRobin, and Kagero.

A little boring, perhaps, but should be very potent.

I will work on finding out the natures of the candidates. The problem with the vanilla team is that missing the banner characters screw arena score so I never have enough room.

please tell me you just send home 90% of your units and you're not so lucky that 1 in 3 units you find is a top tier 5*. I'll just be here in the corner, crying.

Yes I send home a majority of the units I get. Though I got Eirika and Ephraim in the same pull and a lucky lucina pull from one five orb pull from free orbs.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My game won't stop making the XP sound. Clearly this means I got infinite XP, and isn't some slightly annoying bug.

Edit: I finished the match, and the sound still isn't stopping.

Cerium

I will work on finding out the natures of the candidates. The problem with the vanilla team is that missing the banner characters screw arena score so I never have enough room.

Yes I send home a majority of the units I get. Though I got Eirika and Ephraim in the same pull and a lucky lucina pull from one five orb pull from free orbs.

If you run with vanilla, keep Kagero for the defense team and sub her out for whatever bonus hero on offense. Lucina, Hector, and MRobin would be your core.

And from now on, stop sending people home. Lots of previously useless heroes are now very valuable for their skills.

Cerium

How much did you spend to get all these lol

I'd just up a 4* to feed to your 5* units.

I mean it's a good haul but it's not amazing or anything. Definitely not whale tier.

This is what I've got. I haven't spent a dime and I have over 100 orbs still saved.

screenshot_20170320-2yusel.png

Firemind

I mean it's a good haul but it's not amazing or anything. Definitely not whale tier.

This is what I've got. I haven't spent a dime and I have over 100 orbs still saved.
I'd say you're pretty lucky. Or you rerolled unlike me lol

How's Anna working out for you?

Cerium

I'd say you're pretty lucky. Or you rerolled unlike me lol

How's Anna working out for you?

Anna was great for about a week, then I got Nino, and then Skill Inheritance hit, and I regretted spending the feathers. She's still a really good option for people who can't pull elite greens though.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I can confirm mages are easily baited, my Roy loves to bait all the Ninos and Julias and murder them next round
Nice. I've thought of making Roy my green mage counter, but I wasn't sure if it was doable.

I'm also wondering if giving Ryoma Triangle Adept makes more sense for that purpose.

MANUELF

Banned
Nice. I've thought of making Roy my green mage counter, but I wasn't sure if it was doable.

I'm also wondering if giving Ryoma Triangle Adept makes more sense for that purpose.
I wouldnt do that but thats Just me, Kagero and Abel OHKO him everytime plus with that even Robin would feast on him

Cerium

By the way, anyone wondering how I get the heroes I want, it's about patience and selectivity (and luck of course).

When the Princesses banner hit the two reds on the banner were Lucina and Eirika, both of whom I wanted and would've been very pleased to get. So I pulled only reds and ignored everything else. I miss out on the five pull bonus, of course, but I save orbs for what I really want. I think it took like three pulls before I got Eirika.

I was going to pull for Nino on the Anti-Ursula banner but a 4* with perfect nature fell into my lap so I just stuck with that.

Then with the current banner the only blue in the focus is Ninian, so I figured this would be a perfect opportunity to get the blue dancer I've always wanted. I pulled only blues, and spent about 60 orbs until I got her.

Meanwhile I just hoard my orbs and wait until the next opportunity to snipe a desirable character comes along.

Firemind

By the way, anyone wondering how I get the heroes I want, it's about patience and selectivity (and luck of course).

When the Princesses banner hit the two reds on the banner were Lucina and Eirika, both of whom I wanted and would've been very pleased to get. So I pulled only reds and ignored everything else. I miss out on the five pull bonus, of course, but I save orbs for what I really want. I think it took like three pulls before I got Eirika.

I was going to pull for Nino on the Anti-Ursula banner but a 4* with perfect nature fell into my lap so I just stuck with that.

Then with the current banner the only blue in the focus is Ninian, so I figured this would be a perfect opportunity to get the blue dancer I've always wanted. I pulled only blues, and spent about 60 orbs until I got her.

Meanwhile I just hoard my orbs and wait until the next opportunity to snipe a desirable character comes along.
so

luck mostly

Zafir

I mean that's basically luck. :p

Even doing single colour pulls, your chance is still pretty god damn low. You got lucky.

Cerium

I mean that's basically luck. :p

Even doing single colour pulls, your chance is still pretty god damn low. You got lucky.

I guess? Luck hasn't failed me yet. Game's been good to me.

They know how much I post in these threads and reward me accordingly I think.

I know I'll get crap for this, but I really don't think the early bird people should get extra copies of Michalis. I'm grateful that you guys earned the rewards, but it would just be unfair for some to have extra GH units.

Not much for me to do in this game right now, except get the Orbs. Karel is max level, so I'll be coasting for the next few seasons.

I'm pretty happy to have finished in the top 5000 this season.

Anastasis

In regards to SP transference, you are right that it doesn't get transferred when merged, but if you are lucky enough to get another Minerva with better IV, I think she will still be worthy to trained up. In that case, from now until the supposedly April update, you use your existing Minerva, give her whatever skills you want to make use of that 1300SP and enjoy it for now. After the April update which enables inherited skills to get carried over when merging, you merge your old Minerva to this new one with better IV. Sure, you will still need to spend SP to learn these transferred inherited skills on your new Minerva, but a fresh 39 level-ups should still give you lots of SP to help with that, as long as you are clear what you want to get. Iote's Shield for example, only takes 200 * 1.5 = 300 SP.

Thank you! That is very informative!

I know I'll get crap for this, but I really don't think the early bird people should get extra copies of Michalis. I'm grateful that you guys earned the rewards, but it would just be unfair for some to have extra GH units.

Not much for me to do in this game right now, except get the Orbs. Karel is max level, so I'll be coasting for the next few seasons.

I'm pretty happy to have finished in the top 5000 this season.

I think you are quite right. The preview was only available for a short time and there was no official announcement outside of Japan.

Ninferno

can you replace a inherited skill?

When you inherit a skill, it just add that to your character's available skills pool; it doesn't technically replace anything. You can choose to equip whichever skill you choose in the Equip Skills menu.

This is actually quite elegant because you don't lose anything (besides the "skill food" you sacrificed of course) in the process and if the inherited skill doesn't work out you can always go back.

I can confirm mages are easily baited, my Roy loves to bait all the Ninos and Julias and murder them next round

Mages are super dumb. They'll charge anything given the opportunity. Nino and Julia usually run straight into my Sanaki and get instantly deleted.

ggx2ac

Hmm... I think I've figured out a balanced three flier team + bonus hero for arena but again, it will be a work in progress while I focus on my primary arena team.

I just need some Minerva rolls in the upcoming banner this week.

These things are really going to take some time.

Sushen

screenshot_20170320-2yusel.png
You're extremely lucky then for having good to great 5* units not crap 5* units, and you've got 10 of them with 100 orbs left.

Cerium

You're extremely lucky then for having good to great 5* units not crap 5* units, and you've got 10 of them with 100 orbs left.

Eh I was pretty put out by the Sheena and Raven. Especially the Raven since he's not even good for inheritance; I have a 4* of him in case I want to pass on Sol.

Articalys

I keep wasting stamina by bringing in characters I'm trying to level, then failing to read unit placement/skills/stats which ends up getting them killed immediately. But if I have them sit back while I try to get things into position, the AI ends up killing itself against my other stronger units anyway.

Maybe I really should just stop playing. I never really played the mainline series because I knew I wouldn't be good at it and the same thing applies here.

ggx2ac

Considering I didn't give my Minerva Iote's Shield, I have no choice but to put it on Catria since she's the only other defensive flier I can use.

I had to find a balance between fighting swords and bows so I think this works.

Catria

Sapphire Lance+
-
Moonbow
Iote's Shield
Bowbreaker Seal Atk
Goad Fliers

Moonbow is the weaker version of Luna but Sapphire Lance makes up for the damage difference when fighting red units. It also allows me to take less damage against red units which makes up for not using armoured blow.

I could keep seal Atk but, Bowbreaker would probably be helpful to make sure I take out any bow users to protect the other fliers.

macklelol

Considering I didn't give my Minerva Iote's Shield, I have no choice but to put it on Catria since she's the only other defensive flier I can use.

I had to find a balance between fighting swords and bows so I think this works.

Catria

Sapphire Lance+
-
Moonbow
Iote's Shield
Bowbreaker
Goad Fliers

Moonbow is the weaker version of Luna but Sapphire Lance makes up for the damage difference when fighting red units. It also allows me to take less damage against red units which makes up for not using armoured blow.

I could keep seal Atk but, Bowbreaker would probably be helpful to make sure I take out any bow users to protect the other fliers.

Fliers can't inherit Bowbreaker, sadly.

ggx2ac

Fliers can't inherit Bowbreaker, sadly.

Noooooo.....

Okay I have to rethink things.

Edit: Seal Attack would still be good to use as I can take less damage against enemies if they aren't dead.

My other option is Obstruct to prevent foes from passing to attack other fliers but, Takumi's bow has Pass.

Another option is Drag Back, I could use it to drag back Takumi while Minerva finishes him off.

At this point, maybe Seal Attack would be best since it would be handy against sword users too to mitigate damage taken.

Edit 2: All I need is a Spd Up Catria, it would be enough to deal with Takumi. She can easily take out Takumi in two hits. That's why Bowbreaker would've​ been handy.

Shun

What are you running on Kamui & Nono?

In the process of passing Fury on all of them. I did, I just need to get the SP for it. I would also prefer Dark Breath+ on Tiki but that's not possible without spending a lot for feathers. And I can't do that in the short term because getting Kamui +10 is more important.

Tiki +Defense/-Speed
Drag Back
Fury 3
Renewal 3/Swordbreaker 3
Breath of Life 3/Spur Attack/Something else later

Kamui +Speed/-Resistance
Reposition
Fury 3
Desperation 3
Hone Attack/Spur Attack

Nono Neutral; will want +Attack/-Speed in the future.
Reposition
Fury 3
Swordbreaker 3
Threaten Resistance/Spur Attack/Hone Dragons (when it releases)

Ninian -Resistance/-Defense will want to change in the future.
Fury 3
Renewal 3/Lancebreaker 3
Fortify Dragons

As of now, I don't really have anyone else that needs to turn into 5 stars. Only to pass down Life and Death 3 or Blade magic to Rinda if I ever get her.

I have 200 orbs saved up now, I should go save it for the next banner. But I really want to get a better nature Ninian and get more skill fodder to pass down...

Cerium

Wow, I got Nino to 40 and just took the new team out for a spin in Arena.

Getting absolutely sensational results. I was a little worried about the Falchion trio but nope, Nino vaporizes Lucina just like everything else. Combining her with Ninian's dancing is just broken as hell. Nothing can touch me. And this is just the beginning.

As soon as I get Desperation on her she's going to be completely unstoppable.

I'm beating ALL kinds of teams with ease that would have been unimaginable with my vanilla team. I'm convinced now that vanilla teams are going to become obsolete, at least on offense. Now it's all about chemistry and putting together the most broken combinations you can come up with.

tldr: This is Nino Country now.

ni-no-kuni-logob5s55.jpg

MildSoss

Wow, I got Nino to 40 and just took the new team out for a spin in Arena.

Getting absolutely sensational results. I was a little worried about the Falchion trio but nope, Nino vaporizes Lucina just like everything else. Combining her with Ninian's dancing is just broken as hell. Nothing can touch me. And this is just the beginning.

As soon as I get Desperation on her she's going to be completely unstoppable.

I'm beating ALL kinds of teams with ease that would have been unimaginable with my vanilla team. I'm convinced now that vanilla teams are going to become obsolete, at least on offense. Now it's all about chemistry and putting together the most broken combinations you can come up with.

tldr: This is Nino Country now.

ni-no-kuni-logob5s55.jpg
What skill set are you running on your Nino?

Busaiku

So I was trying to Lon'qu; went through 4 packs and got none, even after an all Red pack...
Instead I got Jaffar, Ryoma, Karel, Cordelia, Eirika, and Reinhardt.

I think I'll live.

Sölf

Meet a hacker in arena. All enemies were level 40+10. 3 of those were 3*. None had any skills/weapons besides their starting ones. So I had a Takumi without counter as an enemy. Still lost one unit. D:
Lot 2 units overall in the run, that still gave me 4307 points in arena. I am currently using Young Tiki, Ninian, Kagero and Julia. Ninian is level 37.

3/15 on the horse quest, I keep getting blergh tenth stratum battles. I am also nearly done with the new quests, only 2 flier kills are missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom