• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Yyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss got Ninian finally. I have an entire sea of Donnel Sully and Odin, but I finally got a blue fucking dancer. Hellllll yessssss.

What's the "best" inherited skill(s) for her?

I'm planning on being conservative with what I give her, if I get her (70 orbs deep and counting). SP is a pain in the ass to farm on powerful units like Lucina, so a dancer that starts at 5*...yeah.

I like the idea of Fury on a dancer because they so rarely attack and need all the help they can get. Could also be a way to get her Escape Route active. Similarly, Wings of Mercy sounds like it'd be fun on a dancer too if you want to try that instead.

I guess you could give her a special, I'd imagine a simple fast charging defensive or healing one is the way to go.

Her Fortify Defense is fine but I'd also want to give her rank 3 of that since she has ranks 1-2. I was going to get it from Frederick, incidentally he also has Wings of Mercy. Either way, I definitely would always run a buff in this slot.

I'm planning on being conservative with what I give her, if I get her (70 orbs deep and counting). SP is a pain in the ass to farm on powerful units like Lucina, so a dancer that starts at 5*...yeah.

I like the idea of Fury on a dancer because they so rarely attack and need all the help they can get. Could also be a way to get her Escape Route active. Similarly, Wings of Mercy sounds like it'd be fun on a dancer too if you want to try that instead.

I guess you could give her a special, I'd imagine a simple fast charging defensive or healing one is the way to go.

Her Fortify Defense is fine but I'd also want to give her rank 3 of that since she has ranks 1-2. I was going to get it from Frederick, incidentally he also has Wings of Mercy. Either way, I definitely would always run a buff in this slot.

Yep this is the route I am going. I did decide to go with escape route, getting her out of dodge and also being able to dance out of it is too good. C slot will depend on what each person's team makeup is. I put Hone Attack 3 on her.

SP is a pain for sure. Got second level Fury, max Hone attack, and almost have enough for escape route 2. That will be good enough for some time while I grind away for the rest.

What skills should i give to linde and elise? I was thinking of giving her life and death 3, would that be good? IDK about elise >.<

_Legacy_

Glad to hear we got pass the threshold. Did my part, twice actually. Pretty thrilled that both my main and alt accounts are able to beat lunatic.

It was actually easier on my alt account as it has Hector.
m3_zpsaqboguyc.png

On my main account, my -HP Marth with rallied Def survived one hit from lance and one hit from axe with 1 HP left. He then teleported to safety and after that it was pretty much a cakewalk.
mich_zpsudiocd39.png

Having healers with Rehabilitate helped a great deal too.

Why do you have two accounts for this, surely that's twice the amount of grinding?

Weebos

Banned
Pulled a decent 4 star Gunter, add that to my Reinhardt and I have the beginnings of horse emblem.

I also pulled a 5 star Catria, I am swimming in 5 star blues. I actually need more reds.

Vena

Pulled a decent 4 star Gunter, add that to my Reinhardt and I have the beginnings of horse emblem.

I also pulled a 5 star Catria, I am swimming in 5 star blues. I actually need more reds.

Horse Emblem is going to make FRobin retroactively not utter garbage, lol.

Rodin

I'm leaning towards putting Reinhardt in my first team, i never lost a fight in the advanced arena since he joined my Lucina-Nina-Kagero team and i managed to go reach ~4000 points thanks to him (and he's still level 30). I have 3 ranged but it works, and i still hope to get Hector eventually. Would Linde or Azura be a better choice than Rein? Not that i think i'll get them, but still lol.

And by the way, i like most of the designs in this game, but why is Linde so trash? How do you go from this

to this shit

I don't remember how old she's supposed to be in the original game but she looks 10 here.

Same goes for Corrin. She looks like a goddess in Fates artworks

wtf is this shit

And don't get me started on Hector and Eliwood lol

redcrayon

And by the way, i like most of the designs in this game, but why is Linde so trash? How do you go from this

to this shit

I don't remember how old she's supposed to be in the original game but she looks 10 here.

wtf is this shit

I think Cordelia and Eliwood are the worst interpretations I've seen so far. Some are better than the previous art, some much, much worse!

I'm enjoying reading the skill setups gaffers are coming up with in here, some really nice ideas.

Rodin

When are people going to realize hotlinking for images on feheroes.wiki doesn't work?

I see all of them, but i reuploaded both anyway.

I think Cordelia and Eliwood are the worst interpretations I've seen so far. Some are better than the previous art, some much, much worse!

I'm enjoying reading the skill setups gaffers are coming up with in here, some really nice ideas.

Yeah Cordelia isn't the best either, but it's not as bad as Eliwood. I wonder if there's a chance that they'll change his design.

About the skill setups, i think i'll wait a bit more to do that, many guides will probably come out soon.

Wilsongt

I'm leaning towards putting Reinhardt in my first team, i never lost a fight in the advanced arena since he joined my Lucina-Nina-Kagero team and i managed to go reach ~4000 points thanks to him (and he's still level 30). I have 3 ranged but it works, and i still hope to get Hector eventually. Would Linde or Azura be a better choice than Rein? Not that i think i'll get them, but still lol.

to this shit

wtf is this shit

Lachesis says hello.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...is_TCG2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100712013750

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net..._Heroes.png/revision/latest?cb=20170227130327

Straight garbage.

The Michalis Grand Battle isn't showing up on the notifications anymore. It was scheduled for the 24th in the US, now there's nothing. Wonder if it had to do with the event earlier.

kewlmyc

Wait, how are people doing the Michalis maps? I can't see them

For 45 minutes this morning (7:15 -8am EST, sucks for PST people), the Michalis map was up as a "trial" of sorts. It was to see how many people could clear it. If enough people cleared it, everyone would get 10 orbs, 10 stamina bottles, and 5000 feathers. We reached that milestone. The map will reopen for everyone later on this week.

Only thing you missed out on was two extra Michalis units, aka two extra Iote's Shield.

Vena

For 45 minutes this morning (7:15 -8am EST, sucks for PST people), the Michalis map was up as a "trial" of sorts. It was to see how many people could clear it. If enough people cleared it, everyone would get 10 orbs, 10 stamina bottles, and 5000 feathers. We reached that milestone. The map will reopen for everyone later on this week.

Only thing you missed out on was two extra Michalis units, aka two extra Iote's Shield.

Do the grand battle heroes become "pullable" at any point?

I ask because I was away on conference for Ursula and missed her entirely as I didn't have time to play.

kewlmyc

Do the grand battle heroes become "pullable" at any point?

I ask because I was away on conference for Ursula and missed her entirely as I didn't have time to play.

Probably not pullable, but we'll probably get reruns of grand battles eventually.

And since I didn't clarify before, just in case, everyone in the game should be getting the 10 orbs, 10 stamina bottles, and 5000 feathers.

Pejo

Cool, thanks for the ideas. I hate the HP loss of Fury, but you're right about Escape Route...and would help with her offense. Does Fury proc on Dance/support skills? I don't think i ever tried.

Damn, well that sucks.

Vena

So like...how do I make Sakura(5*) actually useful outside of healing?

She feels like a half wasted slot.

Solution to making Sakura useful:
1.) Remove Sakura from party.

Unfortunately, Sakura just doesn't have the skills to be useful without a lot of work, and none of the healers appear to have "special"/unique weapons. At least Serra and Elise have attack buffs, and this game is heavily "explode enemy" dependent.

Elise is probably the best one to "build" into something since she has good attack, has Gravity, has good speed, has excellent movement, already has attack buffing Balm, Live to Serve makes her "tankier" with her huge resistance (but she's useless against physical), and giving her Spur Attack adds to her offensive buffing abilities. Hone doesn't stack with Balm so its redundant to combine, imo.

Elise (+Att/-Def, or +Res/-Def) with Gravity
Attack+4 Balm
Death Blow 3 or Fury 3 (or I guess Life and Death 3?)
Live to Serve 3 (covers Fury 3 and just makes her tankier in general)
Spur Attack 3

Seems like a very solid unit to have on any team with huge buff and survival-enhancing capabilities on top of high cavalier mobility.

Solution to making Sakura useful:
1.) Remove Sakura from party.

Unfortunately, Sakura just doesn't have the skills to be useful without a lot of work, and none of the healers appear to have "special"/unique weapons. At least Serra and Elise have attack buffs, and this game is heavily "explode enemy" dependent.

Elise is probably the best one to "build" into something since she has good attack, has Gravity, has good speed, has excellent movement, already has attack buffing Balm, Live to Serve makes her "tankier" with her huge resistance (but she's useless against physical), and giving her Spur Attack adds to her offensive buffing abilities. Hone doesn't stack with Balm so its redundant to combine, imo.

Elise with Gravity
Death Blow 3 or Fury 3 (or I guess Life and Death 3?)
Life to Serve 3 (covers Fury 3 and just makes her tankier in general)
Spur Attack 3

Seems like a very solid unit to have on any team with huge buff and survival-enhancing capabilities on top of high cavalier mobility.
The others on my team are All 5*, Nowi, Sharena and Julia. I don't have Elise but so have a couple 4* Serras so I might try her out to see.

I want to replace Sakura but I feel naked without a healer.

Vena

The others on my team are All 5*, Nowi, Sharena and Julia. I don't have Elise but so have a couple 4* Serras so I might try her out to see.

I want to replace Sakura but I feel naked without a healer.

I'd generally recommend dropping the healer entirely unless its helping overcome a distinct lack of offensive capability. Given your team, I don't think you're really lacking for offense so I'd sooner just recommend slotting in a solid red to round out your triangle.

I only use healers (and only sometimes) for the hard boss battle maps.

Most of us probably don't use healers at all, especially not in Arena.

I'd generally recommend dropping the healer entirely unless its helping overcome a distinct lack of offensive capability. Given your team, I don't think you're really lacking for offense so I'd sooner just recommend slotting in a solid red to round out your triangle.

I only use healers (and only sometimes) for the hard boss battle maps.

Most of us probably don't use healers at all, especially not in Arena.
I literally just pulled Sanaki on a whim so I guess she gets the slot then, Or Olivia/Marth.

Mupod

Cool, thanks for the ideas. I hate the HP loss of Fury, but you're right about Escape Route...and would help with her offense. Does Fury proc on Dance/support skills? I don't think i ever tried.

Combat only, which is why I think it'd be nice on a dancer. My 4* Olivia rarely survives one round of combat let alone two, if my dancer is fighting I'm in a bad place and I probably want them to make it out of that alive if at all possible.

I love Tsubaki so much. Narcian's no slouch either.

Narcian gets shit done. I mean, he literally only does one thing, but if you need a 'FUCK LANCES' character, he's your man.

I started leveling the best of my seventeen million 4* Subakis for situational use. Looking like I should have focused on him instead of Catria based on the Michalis map.

How are you guys building Lucina and Nowi with skill inheritance? This thread over on reddit goes into a lot of detail regarding Nowi, wish someone did one for Lucina.

I don't want to sound like the guy always recommending Fury, but Lucina is the one character I have actually already put that on. Her stats are already insane and this would give her an even bigger edge. She self-heals as well.

I gave her Vantage too. Maybe not as OP as putting it on a unit that can attack at both ranges, but it's a valuable skill and I wanted it on a strong unit I won't replace. 3 hours after I gave it to her, I had 7 extra successful arena defenses...just saying.

explodet

How are you guys building Lucina and Nowi with skill inheritance? This thread over on reddit goes into a lot of detail regarding Nowi, wish someone did one for Lucina.
For Nowi I hear Swordbreaker is a good B skill, as it'll keep her from getting whomped by Falchions. I don't have a Sully or Abel yet sadly.

I stuck Seal Res on her from a spare Corrin, for a potential 1-2 Res hit. I'll most likely change that asap though.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I gave these to Lucina:

Support skill: Ardent Sacrifice
A: Fury 3
B: Desperation 3
C: haven't touched this yet

Fury 3 raises her stat point total and more or less just makes her better at destroying everything that she already destroys. With Fury 3 and adjacent +atk/speed buffs, Lucina becomes incredibly strong.

Desperation 3 means that below 75% hp, she pretty much stops taking damage on attack because she double attacks up front, which usually kills everything you want her to fight anyway. She's still pretty fragile though, so I don't send her in unless I know that she won't be in much danger after killing her target. I gave another person on my team Reposition as a way to pull people to safety after they go in to attack.

Ardent Sacrifice is a way for her to lower her HP to 75% to proc Desperation (Fury also helps with this). Another option is to give her the HP trading ability. That way, a tank can lure a hit in, then Lucina can trade HP with the tank to both heal the tank and proc Desperation.

Another option for B is to give her Vantage so that she becomes a godlike melee tank, but I don't have any Lonqus.

For Nowi, I gave her Swordbreaker, which I think lets her kill Falchion users who try to attack her because her blue typing means she probably won't get oneshot by a Falchion user, plus two attacks from her should (?) kill most of them on counterattack. Another option is to give her Vantage so that she can distant counter anyone after it procs. I feel like Nowi is probably good on a defensive team because with either of these skills, she should be able to counterattack a surprising amount of damage to anyone before she goes down.

Giving Ryoma Vantage is good for the same reason. If he doesn't get oneshot, he'll do tons of damage to an enemy team before going down.

Draxal

So I gave Ninian fortify Res as she's going to be replacing Azura due to being a bonus unit tomorrow. Thing I found out is that she can bypass fortify def 2 and just skip to fortify dragons as fortify res 2 can also count as a prerequisite for fortify dragons

Don't breaker skills only prevent you from getting doubled while doubling them? Seems kind of meh.

TBH, I think swordbreakers are good on units like Alphonse and Chrom high dam/tank units that will always get outspeeded..

Pejo

I'm thinking of giving my Ninian Miracle special from Lucius. It's 5 rounds to charge, which just flat out sucks, but the ability to sustain a hit and not die from anything would be so clutch for Falchion users. Pretty much guarantees you'll flat out win any 1v1 with a Falchion (if the special is charged, of course) since you've got color advantage and always get to counter attack. Do Dances trigger special countdowns? Man I'm such a noob with dancers. I only ever used Olivia to dance, so I never paid any attention to the nuances of it.

Seems kinda powerful though. Especially if dances count down special triggers and you could prep-dance before a round even starts.

That probably means it doesn't count though.

Mupod

I'm thinking of giving my Ninian Miracle special from Lucius. It's 5 rounds to charge, which just flat out sucks, but the ability to sustain a hit and not die from anything would be so clutch for Falchion users. Pretty much guarantees you'll flat out win any 1v1 with a Falchion (if the special is charged, of course) since you've got color advantage and always get to counter attack. Do Dances trigger special countdowns? Man I'm such a noob with dancers. I only ever used Olivia to dance, so I never paid any attention to the nuances of it.

Seems kinda powerful though. Especially if dances count down special triggers and you could prep-dance before a round even starts.

That probably means it doesn't count though.

the charge is so long I can't imagine ever getting any use out of it, in the fantasy world where I have a Ninian.

PtM

Banned
The Michalis Grand Battle isn't showing up on the notifications anymore. It was scheduled for the 24th in the US, now there's nothing. Wonder if it had to do with the event earlier.
They better not pull an 180.

"Oops, so many people already got the fucker that's enough/we need to up the difficulty!"

Mupod

They better not pull an 180.

"Oops, so many people already got the fucker that's enough/we need to up the difficulty!"

or the optimistic approach, maybe they'll do a separate early event at a different time slot for us.

Cerium

+Spd -Def here

I figure Life and death work since she's already made of glass. Nino's purpose is not to get hit. Though, if Fury is better, I'll probably switch it out at some point.

Life and Death removes your ability to bait out other ranged attackers though. Also, I don't have access to it lol. I would probably go with Death Blow if I had it, but in lieu of that Fury is best for me when combined with Desperation.

And by the way, you'll definitely want Desperation over Lancebreaker.

Vena

Life and Death removes your ability to bait out other ranged attackers though. Also, I don't have access to it lol. I would probably go with Death Blow if I had it, but in lieu of that Fury is best for me when combined with Desperation.

And by the way, you'll definitely want Desperation over Lancebreaker.

I think Fury is better than L&D or Savage Blow if you are using them as bait as it just makes them outright bulkier, and the post-combat damage cannot kill you. L&D is for pure offensive glass, don't use it on anyone who may or may not take a hit on defense.

There's a lot of good shit to choose from for A-slot:
Fury
L&D
Savage Blow
Triangle Adept

All of them have major uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom