• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayDead

I fell behind in this, haven't played in weeks. Just how far behind am I?

EDIT:

What. I just got 40 orbs worth of login bonuses for logging in.

Nice.

Sölf

Well, it took me 3 Stamina pots, but I finished both maps. I used Young Tiki, Ephraim, Julia and Cordelia. I tried stuff with Ninian, Elise, Kagero and Nino. Even Jeorge, but he is level 31 4* and can't do shit here.

Heh, seems like almost everyone went right. I went up the left path.

Had Frederick dash right up to the Infantry Lancer and attack, taking 0 damage in return. He then tanked an attack from Michalis and the Infantry Lancer, while taking a chuck off of Michalis, and killing the Lancer. Next turn Takumi softened up Michalis some more, then Ryoma finished him off. Fred came back down and attacked the Blue Flyer. Then both Frederick and Ryoma tanked yet another hit from the two remaining flyers. Next turn they both in turn finished off the Pegasus units. This whole time the Red Cavalier had been coming around the right hand side, where my Ephraim and Takumi were waiting to get him.

Huh. Hard was a cakewalk; killed almost everyone with danced 5* Linde, with 5* RobinM to clean up. Went left side, even. Lunatic, on the other hand, destroyed me. Don't have any good tanks for it, no matter what side I go on someone has to die. But whatever, I'll take what I can get!

Achtius

I was helping my brother to do his quest, and since he lack Takumi or any decent archer, I went in the middle. Lure Michalis with Palla, and use Minerva and Subaki to fight the other two fliers.

Venfayth

1DXAcYtl.png

Only important inheritance:

Linde with Life and Death 3 (probably didn't need it)
Fae with Fury 3 (definitely needed it)
Clarine with Rehabilitation and Spur Def 2 (both probably needed, could use any cav healer with these)
Azura isn't any different at all. If you had a Ninian with the dragon defense buff that would be ideal, although wouldn't come into play except on the first turn.

Strategy was to start on the left side. Fae tanked both the blue soldier and Michalis. Heal her to full with Clarine, dance clarine to get her out of there, Linde moves in and finishes Michalis, Fae finishes the blue soldier. Pretty straightforward from there.

So I still don't understand, the bulletin board still says the event is on the 24th but was this some kind of early bird thing?
It's part of a Japanese event they have going on right now, but since it's all one server, we can take part too.

It was never advertised on official English sites. The regular 3 day version still comes out on the 24th.

OVDRobo

Managed to complete hard, but Lunatic was a step too far for my team.

I screwed up the first time even on hard by trying to use my Rebecca (She's the only archer I have) to exploit the non-existent weakness on Michalis due to his shield ability. She was really useful for taking out the other flyers the second time around, though. Even trying to tank with my Beruka on Lunatic didn't work out for me. Just too much damage for any one of my characters to handle.

So I still don't understand, the bulletin board still says the event is on the 24th but was this some kind of early bird thing?

Yup, as explained above. The reason anyone cares is because we think it'll allow us to have up to FOUR copies of Michalis, instead of the usual two. That said, I don't think anyone knows for sure that that's the case.

Oh, and if enough people beat Hard, 5,000 feathers for everyone! And for Lunatic, 5 orbs. Dunno if that's only restricted to people who tried/beat the maps or if everyone gets to ride on the backs of those who participated.

Mupod

yeah, 3* was easy but Lunatic simply isn't possible with my units the way they are. The blue flyer lives with 3 hp from Merric and the cavalry sword lives with a few hp from Abel. I can't use the same strat I used on hard because Olivia is -def and would just barely die to the cavalry sword. Would have been nice if I'd pulled Ninian with the 80+ orbs I dumped into this banner...

Sölf

I also went left.

Young Tiki on front, Ephraim behind her, Julia behind him, Cordelia near Julia. I moved only a bit until everyone was in position, then I moved my unit train so that Tiki in range of the Infantry and Michalis. She survived this with 4 HP and did 33 damage to Michalis. Cordelia flew to the right side of the stone wall, killing the blue flier with her Brave Lance and blocking the red one. Julia then killed Michalis with exactly 27 damage (his HP he had left), Tiki moved behind Ephraim and Ephraim blocked the next turn. After that, Cordelia killed the red flier, Tiki moved onto the forest in the down left corner, Julia killed the Infantry and Ephraim waited for the red rider to attack him.

Took me 3 stamina potions to get this right. Michalis could survive Julia if Ephraim then continued to kill him instead of just being a wall.

Achtius

Managed to complete hard, but Lunatic was a step too far for my team.

I screwed up the first time even on hard by trying to use my Rebecca (She's the only archer I have) to exploit the non-existent weakness on Michalis due to his shield ability. She was really useful for taking out the other flyers the second time around, though. Even trying to tank with my Beruka on Lunatic didn't work out for me. Just too much damage for any one of my characters to handle.
If you have gems weapon and colour advantage, they are much easier to tank. My narcian was able to kill the blue guy without trouble.

alcheim

Lol at Michalis angrily saying "Don't push me!" when you tap on him to move

Do we get another copy of Michalis when the grand battle event formally launches later this week?

Vena

Well that was easy. I did my part.

Back to sleep.

What was the reward if enough crazy people clear it?

Team was: Tikiloli, MRobin, Frederick, and Jaffar.

Gotchaye

Do we get another copy of Michalis when the grand battle event formally launches later this week?

I wouldn't have thought so, though other people seem confident so maybe the Japanese twitter said something. They clearly already have a system for tracking whether you've done reoccurring events like those for the free 1* and 2* characters, and presumably these Grand Hero Battles are set up similarly to allow them to re-run them later on.

Next time can some of you try to offer some more than how easy it was? You could possibly give helpful hints to someone who could replicate your setup.

kewlmyc

Son, that's what my buffed up Nino is for.

I LOVE running into Triangle Adept MRobins. Free kill.

Nino is hilariously busted with the right team setup (Erika w/ rally defense, Azura, Robin w/ rally speed). Life and Death and Lancebreaker on her is hilarious.

That new map kinda gave me trouble with my squishy caster setup, but Vantage Takumi just made a joke out of the whole thing.

MTC100

Banned
whats wrong with michaelis, he plowed through my lucina even with the weapon disadvantage, while she barely scratched him, impossible to beat on Lunatic with my units. Hard was rather easy, was to be expected of course. I only had time for 3 tries on lunatic though as I barely made it to the event with only 8 minutes left...

they should make such events possible to achieve in a 12 hour timeframe, people have to work or sleep around the globe...

Did my part and beat them both. Used my "flying" team (Cordelia, Cherche, Caeda, Maria) for Hard. Lunatic was a bit tougher, Hector and Linde took on Michalis and the Cavalier on one side, while Lyn and Camilla took on the other three on the other side. The Red flyer was the last to go down.

Gotchaye

Next time can some of you try to offer some more than how easy it was? You could possibly give helpful hints to someone who could replicate your setup.

What I did mostly just required an archer that can take out the two pegasi and a hero with swap or reposition that can tank the red cavalier. I also had a hero that could deal a little damage to and survive a hit from Michalis and one that took a hit from the lance infantry, but those aren't hard to find.

My archer moved up the right and killed one of the pegasi, then the tank repositioned him out of the way of the red cavalier with bowbreaker. After that it's pretty simple, I think. I think I had my archer finish off the red cavalier on turn 2, then the other pegasus on turn 3 while someone body blocked Michalis.

Cerium

Nino is hilariously busted with the right team setup (Erika w/ rally defense, Azura, Robin w/ rally speed). Life and Death and Lancebreaker on her is hilarious.

I'll do you one better.

I have Eirika. She already has both Rally Resistance and Rally Defense, but I'm using Res because I also have Ninian with Fortify Defense. All of that adds up on Gronnblade for a total of 17 bonus damage. I'm also working on getting Nino Fury and Desperation.

With Ninian's dancing fully buffed Nino can disintegrate two units a turn.

My Nino is +Spd -Res btw.

Ekid

Finished 3min before the end with 5* Erika, Tharja and Sharena + 3* Olivia.
Thanks god Erika with Def buff from Sharena could survive the blue pegasus + Michalis, then go to safety by using pivot. Also by pure luck I found a configuration where the blue pegasus would pass by the left of the wall instead of the right allowing my tharja to clean the cavalry and Michalis easily.

Mupod

I think my tankiest usable blue is Robin...I have a 4* +def -res Nowi but she'd get doubled/dragged by the blue flyer and probably die.

Merric seems like a bust, he can't even kill the one unit on the map he's supposed to counter.

By the time the real one is out I'll have done a few pulls, we'll see what I've got to work with then. I've also been holding off on inheritance for some of my units so they could be better. And of course someone will figure out how to do it with 3* units.

I wouldn't have thought so, though other people seem confident so maybe the Japanese twitter said something. They clearly already have a system for tracking whether you've done reoccurring events like those for the free 1* and 2* characters, and presumably these Grand Hero Battles are set up similarly to allow them to re-run them later on.

When it was first announced the FE Heroes News twitter guy said that it didn't specify whether the rewards applied to this early release, the actual grand hero battle, or both. I assumed it was supposed to be for clearing the actual grand hero battle and maybe at best it'd count the clears for the early one too.

I believe he also said that if you cleared this one you'd get extra copies but that seems odd to me since they haven't worked that way in the past...appears he walked that one back and is no longer sure. Oh well, I did my best, 3* was all I could manage without more preparation.

Zafir

Sigh. I swear they said it was around 4am pacific time....

Which should translate to 12 GMT. Evidently not. >.>

Got both relatively easily on one account. Reinhardt one shotting nearly every red and blue and Eirika tanked a blue hit, Eldigan made mince meat of Michalis. A little lv 20 Olivia was dancing away in the corner.

I was at least able to get the 3* on my other account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom