• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5: Director's Cut coming soon

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Wait...the Japanese version is coming out on 2/18? With all the content available? Might have to import.

rataplein

Well... i didn't know that the disc version is also going to be released in the US.

That changes my plans...

The new version is obviously COMPATIBLE with the old save files, doesn't it!??!.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
rataplein said:
Well... i didn't know that the disc version is also going to be released in the US.

That changes my plans...

The new version is obviously COMPATIBLE with the old save files, doesn't it!??!.

The disc version isn't being released in the states. Resident Evil Gold Edition is just the regular disc with a DLC code in the packaging from what I understand.

rataplein

GuardianE said:
The disc version isn't being released in the states. Resident Evil Gold Edition is just the regular disc with a DLC code in the packaging from what I understand.

well, not acording to this:

jpa613.jpg

xbox version have a download code, PS3 have all on the disc.

I was hoping for a new boxart and disc too.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
rataplein said:

jpa613.jpg

Oh woops. I'm sorry. For some reason, I thought you were talking about the 360 version.

I'd figure the saves were compatible, but if they have to radically install things differently because of the wand implementation, I could see them fucking it up.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
darkwings said:
am I the only one that is over Resident Evil 5?

Nah, I think most people are. I'm still very very excited for this DLC, though, as it sounds exactly what I wanted from a "separate ways" in this game.

skads_187

just to clear things up, so if i understand correctly, ps3 owners of the game will have to buy the disc version (gold edition @ 49.99$)

or are they gonna have those episodes as dlc?

sorry for the confusion

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
skads_187 said:
just to clear things up, so if i understand correctly, ps3 owners of the game will have to buy the disc version (gold edition @ 49.99$)

or are they gonna have those episodes as dlc?

sorry for the confusion

DLC is available for both platforms.

The Gold version will have all the DLC on the disc for PS3, but the 360 version will come with download tokens instead.

Blueblur1

GuardianE said:
The 360 version comes with the codes. The PS3 version is going to have all the content on one Blu-Ray disc.

Wark said:
The Regenerator is my favorite monster of the newer Resident Evil games. They're definitely up there on my top monster lists in Resident Evil -- or maybe any horror game for that matter. They're is just something so creepy about them.

It was the one monster in RE4 that gave me that old RE creep me the F' out vibe.
And the music complimented it so well.

Hated those bastards. Just when you thought you took em out, they would wiggle along the ground toward you.

Psy-Phi

darkwings said:
am I the only one that is over Resident Evil 5?
just finished it for the first time this morning. Owned it since July last year. I was over it the moment I started it up :p. As an action game it's decent but as a horror game it fails. I really hope they either just go full on action or return to horror, because it's somewhere in the middle and the controls fail in both regards since it doesn't know wth it wants.

I did have fun though, until that last boss. My god did he take a lot of ammo. After beating him I read a guide to see if I could have done something better...seems i could have spent like 10 rounds of ammo in the final phase and been done with it....that's what i get for playing "Rogue".

If the saves are BC with the original, I'll probably get this one too though. I'm a sucker for RE.

yurinka

rataplein said:

jpa613.jpg

Wait. It was supposed to be at reduced price, under 40.

skads_187

Psy-Phi said:
As an action game it's decent but as a horror game it fails. I really hope they either just go full on action or return to horror, because it's somewhere in the middle

thats exactly it, i loved re5. but if you compare it to the old ones, ppl will be disappointed.
dont get me wrong, i would love if it was a lot scarier, cause im a huge re fan, but, im just happy that i got to play re5. it was a great game. nice grafx and all.

Is there any way for 360 users to get the bonus content if they already have RE5? Considering that I bought it for $20 this is a bad deal.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
ChoklitReign said:
Is there any way for 360 users to get the bonus content if they already have RE5? Considering that I bought it for $20 this is a bad deal.

Jesus Christ. It's three posts above yours.

Psy-Phi said:
just finished it for the first time this morning. Owned it since July last year. I was over it the moment I started it up :p. As an action game it's decent but as a horror game it fails. I really hope they either just go full on action or return to horror, because it's somewhere in the middle and the controls fail in both regards since it doesn't know wth it wants.

I did have fun though, until that last boss. My god did he take a lot of ammo. After beating him I read a guide to see if I could have done something better...seems i could have spent like 10 rounds of ammo in the final phase and been done with it....that's what i get for playing "Rogue".

If the saves are BC with the original, I'll probably get this one too though. I'm a sucker for RE.

We beat "him" with two Magnums and Sniper Rifles. Saved most of the Magnum ammo(which you get peanuts of anyway lol) for the end sequences as usual. Was tempted to use them on the two Reapers from the chapters before that but the Assualt Rifle was good enough since it was upgraded to the max. I thought he was pretty good but they really need to take a note for RE6 and put more "horror" into the action. This one was definitely a hybrid btw the two as you said. It's Resident Action and not Resident Evil anymore

Blueblur1

Too expensive. $50 for the new SKU is ridiculous and selling the new content as four separate downloads is almost offensive. Assuming the two episodes are $5 each and the costume packs go for $2, that's a total of $24 for a meager amount of new content. Under normal circumstances, I would brush it off because I could always rent the 360 version to try the new content but I can't even do that.

Hopefully, the content is unlocked from get-go on the PS3 version as I've never touched the original PS3 release. I could at least rent that one.

Weak rant is weak, I know. But I feel like I'm getting screwed when I want to support Capcom and RE5.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Weren't they talking about adding content to the 360 version to "make up" for the lack of motion controls, so its more balanced between platforms?

XenoRaven

Blueblur1 said:
Too expensive. $50 for the new SKU is ridiculous and selling the new content as four separate downloads is almost offensive. Assuming the two episodes are $5 each and the costume packs go for $2, that's a total of $24 for a meager amount of new content. Under normal circumstances, I would brush it off because I could always rent the 360 version to try the new content but I can't even do that.

Hopefully, the content is unlocked from get-go on the PS3 version as I've never touched the original PS3 release. I could at least rent that one.

Weak rant is weak, I know. But I feel like I'm getting screwed when I want to support Capcom and RE5.
So awesome.

Blueblur1

:lol

For some reason, I was thinking the extra scenarios were $10 apiece even though I typed $5. Typing up NeoGAF posts on my iPhone while taking calls from pissed off senior citizens totally do not go together.

why would they not put it on disk but sell it in stores? What about the rare person who doesn't have the system hooked up? (I'm trying to get them to throw us a bone :lol )

canadiancrowe

Neo Member
Do we know if the Gold Edition will be compatable with Sony's 'wand' when it's released? Or do we think they are going to sell us the Gold Edition, and then put out a 'wand' edition after that?

skads_187

ive been reading different things about that, supposedly its going to be around the same time. i dont have a link though.

i dont even think im gonna use it. might be awkward playing with the ps3 controller with my left hand.

and how would you run, change weapons and all that quickly? wonder how their gonna approach this.

Dyno

gamergirly said:
We beat "him" with two Magnums and Sniper Rifles. Saved most of the Magnum ammo(which you get peanuts of anyway lol) for the end sequences as usual. Was tempted to use them on the two Reapers from the chapters before that but the Assualt Rifle was good enough since it was upgraded to the max. I thought he was pretty good but they really need to take a note for RE6 and put more "horror" into the action. This one was definitely a hybrid btw the two as you said. It's Resident Action and not Resident Evil anymore

While it might not have been the RE that people wanted it was a very interesting scenario. This is the first time we get to play through a truly militarized response to an outbreak. It was heavier on action than horror but most characters involved are veterans who might look differently on the situation.

I was hoping that the other scenario would involve Josh somehow. Seeing how he and Jill met up and got the helicopter was probably the most logical missing scenario.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Die Squirrel Die said:
I was hoping that the other scenario would involve Josh somehow. Seeing how he and Jill met up and got the helicopter was probably the most logical missing scenario.

Um, I think that's what we're getting? Two scenarios.

Die Squirrel Die said:

That is the second episode... isn't it? First is the Spencer mansion, second is Jill and Josh. Maybe I dreamt that though.

Chemo

Ugh, the Japanese version of that cover is SO AWESOME. Why did they turn it gold? Looks like complete shit now.

Change this, please, Capcom.

tzare

are both episodes set in the mansion or only one of them

$5 is a bit too expensive, they should bundle both episodes for $6-7

I hope sony releases info on wand conmpatibility and release date.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Chemo said:
Ugh, the Japanese version of that cover is SO AWESOME. Why did they turn it gold? Looks like complete shit now.

Change this, please, Capcom.

I can't see since the image is blocked for me, but if it looks that bad, maybe try posting in the Capcom-Unity forums? They've changed boxart before, like with SFIV, due to fan outcry.

LOVED RE5. In fact, it was my first platinum trophy. Really looking forward to this.

Now to decide if I want to buy it in pieces as DLC and get it earlier or wait for the full disc...

Do we know which DLC the Mercs Reunion and extra figures will come with?

I should probably clarify, when I originally played RE5 last March I thought Josh was the most likely candidate for additional side mission showing what he was up to while Chris and Sheva were doing their thing (and also how he and Jill pop up together at the end), so I'm glad that the 2nd episode is covering that scenario.

Top Bottom