• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5: Director's Cut coming soon

Cerberus

Blueblur1 said:
I wasn't going to buy a new retail disc but I will buy the DLC. I just hope it's priced a little bit less than that Versus mode unlock key was.

Wasn't Versus like $5? I really doubt Capcom will charge less than that for a new scenario.

CO_Andy

Was holding out for a physical release.

There was a good chance Cap would of upgraded the original PS3 port to look comparatively decent to its 360 counterpart (perhaps even superior), but now that's all gone down the drain.

The PS3 DLC will probably end up looking better than the actual game.

Sectus said:
*screams*

I hate how Capcom is both extremely supportive and completely ignorant when it comes to PC. No mention of PC regarding SSF2, no mention of PC regarding RE5:AE, no mention of LP2 for PC.
'Ignorant' isn't the right word describing Capcom's PC strategy; what they're doing now is trying to trick the consumers of that market into buying the console versions of their games (provided they own multiple gaming platforms) before they even announce / confirm anything about an upcoming PC port. Capcom has been doing this for a while already and it's practically certain they'll be doing with their future projects too.

Nizz

CO_Andy said:
Was holding out for a physical release.

There was a good chance Cap would of upgraded the original PS3 port to look comparatively decent to its 360 counterpart (perhaps even superior), but now that's all gone down the drain.

The PS3 DLC will probably end up looking better than the actual game.
I'll admit this was one reason I was hoping for a disc release. Though I've heard it isn't that bad, it had a couple of framerate problems.

I was hoping with Framework 2.0, they could have used some of the improvements to touch up RE5.

I'll be picking the game up at some point before the DLC. Just seeing the characters in a mansion setting brings me memories of the older RE titles.

I'm very happy to hear it's DLC instead of disc. A new disc game would likely launch at $60 again and then take quite some time to drop down to my budget level. This way I can now pick up the bargain bin version of the game and enjoy it, and then not miss out on the extras when they release.

When are the sony wands due out? RE4 Wii Edition is one of my most played games this generation because of those addicting pointer controls.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
THANK FUCKING GOD.

THANK YOU CAPCOM FOR LISTENING TO PEOPLE THAT DON'T WANT TO REBUY SHIT!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

*turns off Capslock*

... Now, if you could:

-Unlock Street 4's PS3 save file for backing up outside the backup utility
-Patch Street 4 into "Super Street 4" like you're doing Biohazard 5 regular...

You'd be alright again in my eyes and I'd be your whore for all things Capcom again.

Gameboy415

God dammit.
The days of game collecting are slowly dying....
I'm sick of over-priced, TAXED DLC!

I think I'll just buy the Japanese version.

Sectus

MicVlaD said:
'Ignorant' isn't the right word describing Capcom's PC strategy; what they're doing now is trying to trick the consumers of that market into buying the console versions of their games (provided they own multiple gaming platforms) before they even announce / confirm anything about an upcoming PC port. Capcom has been doing this for a while already and it's practically certain they'll be doing with their future projects too.
I dunno. After Lost Planet was up and running on both 360 and PC, they announced Lost Planet Colonies on both 360 and PC. Not the same case with SSF2. RE5 is also running on all 3 platforms, but there's been no mention of AE for PC. Versus mode hasn't been announced or released for PC either, even though it was released for console after one month or so.

Aw, man...this makes me a bit sad because I'm a minority (I wanted disc) and like someone above said, the days of collecting are slowly dying :(

Fuck all of you who voted for DLC--fuck you.

I'm still getting it :p So excited!

cvxfreak

A disc-based SKU has to come out. Capcom announced that expected to sell 300K worldwide on PS3 alone in their fiscal report.

ZeoVGM

Banned
rainking187 said:
Yes, clearly the only reason it won was because the poll was online. The whole "not wanting to pay an extra $40-60 for probably two hours of additional content" thing had no bearing on it.

The fact is that most people voting on that poll are going to be people who already played the game. So whatever their logic behind it is, yes, the poll was always goigng to be skewed in the DLC direction. But they point out that a LOT of people still voted for physical, and as you can see in this thread, there are people who already own the game who want a physical release. (You can add me to that list.)

fps fanatic said:
Cool, I guess. I was hoping to pick up a full "alternative edition" disc since I haven't picked the game up yet.

Would have been nice having both options. But on the bright side the game is cheaper now and will probably drop even more in price by the time the DLC rolls around.

Er, did you read the blog besides what the poster bolded for GAF? :p

What surprised us, however, was just how many of you ended up voting for a new physical package. We’re still trying to wrap our heads around this strongly stated position from a vocal range of the community, but we've definitely heard you guys loud and clear as well.

Sounds to me like there will probably be a physical release as well.

And let's be honest, whether you want DLC or not, making it a CHOICE and offering a physical release alongside DLC is the smarter way to go. That way you can grab some new people who didn't pick up the game the first time.

Miburou

The DLC won't add motion controls to the rest of the game (on PS3), right? So they'll probably release the Alternative Edition outside of Japan. Besides, it's not like re-releases of games with DLC included is new (Fallout 3 comes to mind).

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Gameboy415 said:
God dammit.
I'm sick of over-priced, TAXED DLC!
Eh? There's no tax on point cards, in California at least. A few stores charge it anyway.
nvm... You're in Japan.

I hope they do a disc version too. I have the 360 version of the original, but want to get the PS3 version of the director's cut to use the motion controls, and I'm probably not alone.

KTallguy

Banned
I didn't buy the original 5, so maybe I will look into this.
Motion could be fun, but I don't know what I would do with the controller afterwards.

rc213

Looks hot, Definitely will not be selling my copy of RE5 now. I've had very few issues playing solo with Sheeva getting in the way. I have played mostly with a Neogaf user so it has kicked ass.

Giolon

Super glad it's going to be DLC. I don't want to have to go re-buy another full copy of the game. This is shit that should have been in the box in the first place.

Now to keep finger's crossed that they aren't going to charge more than $20 for it.

Nessus

Gameboy415 said:

I've got a great collection of games on Steam:

Assassin's Creed
Audiosurf
Bioshock
Fallout 3
Half-Life
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Indigo Prophecy
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Opposing Force
Portal
Prey
STALKER: Shadow Of Chernobyl
Team Fortress Classic
Team Fortress 2
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

What I don't have is bulky cardboard boxes that inevitably get crushed and a myriad CDs that become scratched at the most inopportune times.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Wrath2X said:
What's in the DLC?

- New scenario is the only thing confirmed
- Motion controller support for the PS3 version probably.
- Extra stuff is also hinted at.

Sectus said:
I dunno. After Lost Planet was up and running on both 360 and PC, they announced Lost Planet Colonies on both 360 and PC. Not the same case with SSF2. RE5 is also running on all 3 platforms, but there's been no mention of AE for PC. Versus mode hasn't been announced or released for PC either, even though it was released for console after one month or so.
Street Fighter IV, Resident Evil 5 and I think Devil May Cry 4 too were all games that were only ported until after they released them on consoles well in advance. Lost Planet also kind of counts with Colonies. Don't know what their excuse is for Versus though: maybe they concluded not many of people would pay for it on PC?

And if I recall correctly, Capcom has stated before that they start development with their MT Framework games on PC first before optimizing them for consoles (easier for 'em than the other way around I thought), so it's all just a 'clever' decision of the developers to not say a word about highly likely PC ports in an attempt to manipulate the PC crowd into double dipping out of impatience. Hell, wasn't it confirmed that the E3 build of Lost Planet 2 ran on a PC rig as well?

Miburou

Philanthropist said:
The PS3 motion controls will probably be released as a free update for the main game as well.

I thought I read somewhere that it was not possible to patch motion controls in.

Shurs

Miburou said:
I thought I read somewhere that it was not possible to patch motion controls in.

There are a handful of PS3 games (Little Big Planet, Flower, Eyepet, High Velocity Bowling, Pain) that are getting motion controls patched in.

MoxManiac

Miburou said:

I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't be possible? It's like saying rumble support can't be patched in; it's simply a software thing.

jrricky said:
Why is Chris still as buffed in the past like the present RE5?
The flashback chapter isn't 7 years ago I believe, like the older games. Plus the way resident evil is going now Chris will always be buff.

Blueblur1 said:
I wasn't going to buy a new retail disc but I will buy the DLC. I just hope it's priced a little bit less than that Versus mode unlock key was.
Less then 400 allards? :lol

jrricky said:

Nice. Would have never crossed my mind.

Capcom is so attentive to detail, I'm surprised they would have overlooked that. If you are as insane a RE fan as me you've read the strat book where they explain why he is so buff in the first place... and that he was actually even bigger but they nerfed his muscles before release!

jrricky said:
it's post Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles. the buffing up happened between that and the flashback in RE5 (which also shows a buffed Chris and is when this additional content is set).

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Arpharmd B said:
If you are as insane a RE fan as me you've read the strat book where they explain why he is so buff in the first place...
What's the official explanation? Did he eat a T-virus infected steak?

plagiarize said:
after getting bitchslapped by Super-Wesker a couple of times he bulked up to compensate.
Oh man some of the combo moves you could do to wesker were great, chris still shows pain after feeding him a knuckle sandwich :lol

Tenbatsu

New Creature
8wf77r.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1230308_1124.html

Top Bottom