• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobe

ok after soul crashing rerolling im getting tired the only good ones ive gotten are. fenrir knight kamui and water mech midgard. are they good to start? already read the guide but they have no info on them. gonna try at least 10 more rolls then im posting results. i really want horus :(

Did PAD turn into a Korean MMO? ._.

turn it up to 11. It's just a more crazy design of the existing Persephone art (which is in and of itself kind of absurd).

I kinda like the korean MMO aesthetic. Just wish they would put more clothes on their characters..

ok after soul crashing rerolling im getting tired the only good ones ive gotten are. fenrir knight kamui and water mech midgard. are they good to start already read the guide but they have no info on them. gonna try at least 10 more rolls then im posting results. i really want horus :(

It's really best to reroll during godfest, and your situation is made worse by the Aqua Carnival,which is full of garbage or early game powerhouses that really fall off (I&I, Isis, Hermes). I would shoot for a Karin with your pulls, otherwise you are going to go insane if you keep rerolling.

well either that or #onetruegod of course.

Tobe

It's really best to reroll during godfest, and your situation is made worse by the Aqua Carnival,which is full of garbage or early game powerhouses that really fall off (I&I, Isis, Hermes). I would shoot for a Karin with your pulls, otherwise you are going to go insane if you keep rerolling.

well either that or #onetruegod of course.

i just rolled idunn&idunna according to the list thats good. should i start? or back up keep rerolling? oh shit just read the i&i thought it was something else. shit. well gotta back up and try to get someting else :(

i just rolled idunn&idunna according to the list thats good. should i start? or back up keep rerolling? oh shit just read the i&i thought it was something else. shit. well gotta back up and try to get someting else :(
I&I is good, just replaceable. Hope you kept it...

They haven't even announced a EU iOS release yet... I'm playing the US version and I'm from germany...

News for 6.1 stolen from the facebook group:

- Ultimate Evolution Shaitan, Sylph, and Persephone
- Ultimate Evoultion for Ares, Hermes, Artemis, Red Giant Gigas and Vampire Lord, further details will be announced later via Official Twitter.
- Super King Gold Dragon Dungeon will be opened.
- 6.1 will include Technical Endless Corridor, as well as increase Monster Box to 1000
- [JP] 2 Descended Dungeons for October:
10/11 - Take-minakata Descended Dungeon
10/20 - Beelzebub Descended Dungeon
Nice. I'm more excited for the box expansion to 1000 spaces. That's a big increase. It's jumping straight from 700 to 1000. I wonder if GungHo realized that lack of box space is limiting players' ability to farm more than they'd like to. I know there's been a lot of times I didn't bother to stam refresh just because it was pointless to do so with my box being full. I know I'm going to run into that problem big time, saving monsters for awakenings and this Eco dungeon.

I&I is good-quite good-but mono-color is really not going to get you far in the newer content in the game. These are the gods I would reroll into it at this point:

Bastet
Horus
Lucifer
Dark Metatron
anything Chinese

The move towards spike damage is welcome as it makes for some diverse teams,but the game's full of mono-friendly gods that need refreshes to remain relevant.

FWIW I started my account w/ a Freyr in a similar position and everything turned out OK for me.

StMeph

I&I is good-quite good-but mono-color is really not going to get you far in the newer content in the game. These are the gods I would reroll into it at this point:

Bastet
Horus
Lucifer
Dark Metatron
anything Chinese

The move towards spike damage is welcome as it makes for some diverse teams,but the game's full of mono-friendly gods that need refreshes to remain relevant.

FWIW I started my account w/ a Freyr in a similar position and everything turned out OK for me.

Monocolors will get you far enough to tackle most of the Descendeds to get other gods. But it won't carry you through all the way like the ones listed can.

Maybe some kind of very dungeon specific Goemon team that wants a back to back Goemon ability+orb enhacement. It's so corner case. The issue is that Horus has terrible awakening abilities.

I'd say it comes down to box space more than anything else.

Monocolors will get you far enough to tackle most of the Descendeds to get other gods. But it won't carry you through all the way like the ones listed can.

my thing with the monocolors is that while they are effective for a good while, they are both slower to clear basic content and somewhat against the overall direction the design of the game is taking. We're seeing more focus on multicolor , monster types, and scaling with matching , and I'd hate to reroll into a lead whose abilities go against the current design direction of the game.

FYI, they are saying that new Persephone / Ares are getting new leader skills.That's not surprising.

Jagernaut

Bastet
Horus
Lucifer
Dark Metatron
anything Chinese

My first roll was a Marine Rider and my second was a Gigas. When I started there was no Lucifer or Horus available. 250 days later I have 13 Gods from the rare egg machine. You only need to reroll if you don't want to buy stones or just want to start with an advantage. If you are willing to buy stones you will eventually get something good.

StMeph

My first roll was a Marine Rider and my second was a Gigas. When I started there was no Lucifer or Horus available. 250 days later I have 13 Gods from the rare egg machine. You only need to reroll if you don't want to buy stones or just want to start with an advantage. If you are willing to buy stones you will eventually get something good.

My first two rolls were Valkyrie and Freyr. Enough to start with, but it wasn't until getting Goemon that really opened up my other options. Valk now can clear more with the busty and other new Healer subtypes. Still my most-used Leaders.

Eventually rolled Horus. Don't even use it. Haven't XPed/skilled the subs yet.

hell yeah Marine Rider. My first two were MR and MIK. I use neither now. Really, with the busty of the starter dragons, Mono teams are more viable from the start. You'll eventually need some spike leaders, though.

Wanchan

Is there any reason to have 2 Horus's? If not I'm just going to wait till 6.0 to feed one to another for awakening.

Remember that if you have a Flame Deity Falcon Horus, you won't gain anything if you feed him an Horus, you have to evolve him first to a Flame Deity Falcon Horus, monsters have to be of the exact same name and number, i'm sure you knew but it's just a reminder so people won't waste their gods as soon as the update is up tomorrow. Also i think it's a waste to do this until we see Horus ulti evo, if Gungho decide to give 2 differents colors Dark Horus and Light Horus, you will regret feeding your dupe.

hell yeah Marine Rider. My first two were MR and MIK. I use neither now. Really, with the busty of the starter dragons, Mono teams are more viable from the start. You'll eventually need some spike leaders, though.

Marine Rider first roll represent!

RNG gods were kind to me today. I was able to farm 6 MSKs in only 11 runs. It'll be a while before I fully evolve them to fully awaken my 2 ADKs, though.

I reeeeaaaally wish I knew about the ECO dungeon before I sold off all my Dragon Flowers and Seeds. Hopefully we get another 2x event before the Eco Collab is over.

StMeph

I don't understand Japan's scheduling anymore. Gold dragons on a non-event day, what?

Sometimes in an abusive relationship you have to show a tiny bit of kindness so that the victim has something to latch on to, and to remember what kind of a good person you can be, deep down inside.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
FYI - I made some strides on OT2 over lunch today. I should have something done soon. The hardest part right now is coming up with a good way to present the basic information.

Also, how does one "reserve" the first 2-3 posts? I want to do Post 1 as the basic info/intro, Post 2 for more specific stuff, and possibly Post 3 for some quick and dirty team comps for descended dungeons. Do I just have to put "Please do not post until I say go?"

Ashodin

FYI - I made some strides on OT2 over lunch today. I should have something done soon. The hardest part right now is coming up with a good way to present the basic information.

Also, how does one "reserve" the first 2-3 posts? I want to do Post 1 as the basic info/intro, Post 2 for more specific stuff, and possibly Post 3 for some quick and dirty team comps for descended dungeons. Do I just have to put "Please do not post until I say go?"
Yep basically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom