• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figures for development cost of games

zoukka said:
Props? The 5 million obviously went for developing the real Master Sword.

How would have they returned peace to gaming-land without it?
The original master sword is a materialisation of fanboys' energies and can not be paid in mere moneys. Plus Nintendo returned peace with an iron fist.

Haunted One said:
So how much is Lucasarts saving in the future by firing the entire fucking team?

Still makes me mad. :mad:
Outsourcing is quite a popular business term these days - you can't really blame them. Plus LA has been going down the shitter anyways.

legend166

The only numbers I trust in this thread are in that Factor 5 graph. And those are the scariest numbers of all.

If people think we're going to get a similar leap in power next generation as there was this time around (bar Wii), all they need to do is look at that graph.

It will probably mean game prices will go up too, which might encourage piracy - which then leads onto less incentive for the developers to work harder on their games. The implications of incredibly expensive development are frightening.

Iaido Sword said:
Or those silly and pointless 10 million dollar Halo 3 commercials. :lol

Those are terrible commercials.

Maybe some of these extraneous costs are because of stupid decisions like those Halo 3 commercials.

I rank it below gears of war and assassins creed commercials, but i would probably put it behind them as next best.

Top Bottom