• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA PLAY 2017 playable game lineup announced, also Nas and more performing

Shiggy

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) announced today that EA PLAY 2017 in Hollywood will feature performances by the eight-time platinum recording artist Nas, DJ Green Lantern and Dave East. All three will perform on Saturday night, June 10th from 6-8pm PST, at the EA PLAY FanFest, one of the biggest pop culture events of the summer. The FanFest is at the heart of EA PLAY 2017, featuring more than 140 hands-on gaming stations where fans will be the first to play EA’s newest lineup of games including:

Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II
FIFA 18
Madden NFL 18
NBA LIVE 18
The latest Need for Speed™ experience
The Sims™ Mobile and The Sims™ 4
Battlefield™ 1: In The Name of the Tsar
New content from Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes and Titanfall 2
Madden NFL Mobile
NBA LIVE Mobile
EA SPORTS™ FIFA on the Nintendo Switch

Widely celebrated as one of the greatest artists of all-time, Nas has received more than a dozen Grammy nominations since his debut album *Illmatic* in 1994. Joining the stage with Nas is DJ Green Lantern, a long-time DJ for some of hip hop's top artists, and Dave East whose mixtape *Kairi Chanel* hit the US Billboard 200 last year. These three artists will headline a lineup of musical talent that will perform each day at EA PLAY from June 10-12 at the Hollywood Palladium.

EA PLAY is open to the public and tickets are free. The FanFest schedule is:

Saturday June 10 from 4pm - 8pm
Sunday June 11 from 12pm - 6pm
Monday June 12 from 12pm - 5pm

For those that attend in-person at the Palladium in Hollywood, they can experience even more surprises. Each day of the show, the first 2000 fans that play Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II will receive a numbered, limited edition poster. On Sunday and Monday, the first 500 people to play Madden NFL 18 and EA SPORTS FIFA 18, will receive a free copy of Madden NFL 17 and FIFA 17 respectively.

For anyone joining digitally around the world, EA PLAY will come to life through a variety of different content including livestreams. From behind-the-scenes looks and developer interviews to in-depth gameplay walkthroughs and new gameplay footage, learn more about EA’s upcoming games and experiences directly from those behind them. EA is also empowering the creative storytelling of more than 300 of the best content creators in the community to develop their own unique way of sharing their gameplay impressions with their fans all over the world who love to watch them most.

Please visit http://www.ea.com/eaplay2017 to learn more about the event, and visit https://eaplay17.fishsoftware.com/public/ to get your free ticket. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more EA PLAY news and information.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170525005966/en/

Switch receiving "EA SPORTS™ FIFA on the Nintendo Switch", not FIFA 18.

Thanks to ZhugeEX

Cubas

I really don't like Switch's FIFA being treated as a different game. I guess the dream of a full FIFA experience on Switch is dead. Ugh.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Switch receiving "EA SPORTS™ FIFA on the Nintendo Switch", not FIFA 18.

This sounds ominous. Giant-head/feature stripped casual fest on the way?

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
"The latest Need For Speed Experience"
Fucking shoot me.

FelipeMGM

I always said that EA treated this FIFA on Switch weirdly and as a different product than traditional FIFA 18

Hope its good, but most likely wont

Dartastic

Wouldn't it be amazing if Switch is getting some Fifa 17 legacy port? The meltdowns.....

Its going to be awful. We all know it.
The way they're positioning it in this list is just further confirmation it's going to be a stripped down, subpar experience. It'll almost certainly have ultimate team however, because it makes them bank. But FFS, it doesn't even have a year next to it. It's just "FIFA." Doesn't bode well, which is a shame because I'd buy this in a HEARTBEAT if it had the same features as the PS4 version, just with less graphical fidelity.

-Highlight FIFA '05 on desktop
-Right Click
-Update rosters
EA Sports FIFA for Nintendo Switch development is complete.

"Why don't our games sell on Nintendo platforms?!"

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Honestly they should just consider giving the Switch the mobile versions. People like those, probably more than they will like whatever EA is cooking up as a Switch specific version.

FelipeMGM

Also, they list their biggest products first, Battlefront II, FIFA 18, Madden 18

EA Sports FIFA on Nintendo Switch listed down there with DLC and Mobile stuff, smh

EA doesnt seem to care at all

Plum

EA SPORTS™ FIFA on the Nintendo Switch

Now, what does this remind me of?

51G2UTXF99L._SX342_.jpg

Ohhhh nooooooo

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
lol...they arent even trying on Switch.

Why not just have it be called Fifa 18 ? Gotta make sure that it isnt part of the success story if Fifa 18 ships +20m on the other systems later this years xD

The only thing I will say is Fuck EA.

Is really that hard to make a game that's similar to the Xbox and PS4 with a few downgrades? Seriously I swear at times like this I feel like they are purposely doing this to sabotage the Switch version sales.

Inb4 someone says why would EA want to sabotage their own sales. Well they did that shit with Mass of Effect so I won't give them the benefit of doubt.

Zerin

FIFA (and NBA2k) will set a lot of expectations for what's coming to the Switch from the annual (or not) sports titles.

spekkeh

Banned
Yeah as we thought, EA is only doing this because they are contractually obliged by FIFA to release a game on everything. Oh well, have to put our faith in Konami to make something worthwhile (and probably sell significantly less than EA's turd)

EDarkness

I really don't like Switch's FIFA being treated as a different game. I guess the dream of a full FIFA experience on Switch is dead. Ugh.

I wasn't really worried until I saw this. Let's hope they did a good job of it, but being separate from everything else just brings back memories of the Wii U version.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
FIFA (and NBA2k) will set a lot of expectations for what's coming to the Switch from the annual (or not) sports titles.

I def. have much higher expectations from NBA2k.
Expecting the worst from Fifa.

So I can expect to be underwhelmed by behind the scenes featurettes of games incredibly early in development, maybe see a few vague teasers for IP revivals/reboots, a gameplay demo of Battlefront II and then half an hour dedicated to sports games featuring performances by hip-hop artists and interviews with aging athletes?

Thrilling stuff. Great to see EA shaking it up.

Top Bottom