• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch dev talk – 50,000 yen for a kit, Capcom wants to make AAA games, much more

A month? Damn I expect MvC:I on Switch.

SF5 runs pretty bad on laptops. Not sure if its any indicator but. For example mortal kombat XL runs much better on same laptops(ue 3 modified)

It's the opposite. With resolution scaling at 70% at medium I can run V much better than MKX.

EctoPrime

Resident Evil 5 seems likely to be the first game of the series to be ported considering a Nvidia Shield version exists

spekkeh

Banned
Nice. If all else fails, it will prove a great indie machine.

Polygon's article looking more moronic by the second.

opricnik

Banned
A month? Damn I expect MvC:I on Switch.

It's the opposite. With resolution scaling at 70% at medium I can run V much better than MKX.

No you are wrong my friend. Street Fighter 5 is terribly designed game in terms of tech. It doesnt scale good at all. It runs terrible on most people. Starts with 60 fps , goes to 30 fps and get stuck with that on low level PC's.

on same PC i can play Mortal Kombat XL High-Medium with 60 fps 0 drops.
While Street Fighter 5 is Lowest settings with terrible frame problems. And these arent exclusive to my experience sadly.

It has pretty bad coding techniques , has memory leaks all over.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFigh...fv_fps_drops_to_a_constant_30_on_high_end_pc/
https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/46qyy5/game_will_randomly_lock_at_30fps/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/310950/discussions/0/405692224231331915/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AvGa6aVT0E

It has big problems on lower level systems. And those systems are much more powerful then Switch.

Soph

Lol...here we go. Save your snark for someone else. Its fact that Nintendo has often turned many a blind eye to the wants/wishes of third parties. For the sake of not shitting up this thread lets agree to disagree.

It's not snark, stating things as a fact ad nauseam to make it seem like a fact is something this forum is terrible at. I'm calling people out for it.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Yes? It doesnt mean Capcom just received them yesterday...

Obviously not Capcom but "these are planned" is that fuzzy future talk that once again goes to show just how rushed a launch this damn thing is.

It'd be interesting to see Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite hitting the Switch. Many of Capcom's franchises like Street Fighter, Mega Man, Monster Hunter, Ghost N' Goblins and Ace Attorney all resonate well with Nintendo fans.

If they're really concerned about people buying it on Switch, though, do what Namco did with Soul Calibur 2: put a Nintendo guest character or two in there, lol. Personally I think Samus and Link would be cool.

Gutss

200 dollars more and I can be a dev lol, plus I can play switch games, more opportunity for small japan devs is great.

Japan can bounce back fully with this development.

Phoenixus

Cheaper devkit leading to easier multiplatform development for smaller devs? If porting between switch and the other machines is as easy as rumoured.

gogogow

Sounds good. Hope to see something or announcements soon from Capcom.
The bad thing, I still see some trolls post even though I put them on my ignore list, because of people quote them.

No you are wrong my friend. Street Fighter 5 is terribly designed game in terms of tech. It doesnt scale good at all. It runs terrible on most people. Starts with 60 fps , goes to 30 fps and get stuck with that on low level PC's.

on same PC i can play Mortal Kombat XL High-Medium with 60 fps 0 drops.
While Street Fighter 5 is Lowest settings with terrible frame problems. And these arent exclusive to my experience sadly.

It has pretty bad coding techniques , has memory leaks all over.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFigh...fv_fps_drops_to_a_constant_30_on_high_end_pc/
https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/46qyy5/game_will_randomly_lock_at_30fps/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/310950/discussions/0/405692224231331915/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AvGa6aVT0E

It has big problems on lower level systems. And those systems are much more powerful then Switch.

i never had those problems even with my new gaming rig. But I do agree that this game is coded poorly with the Ps4 struggles to lock 60fps playing online.

Air

Banned
It's good to hear Capcom verbalize wanting their AAA games to come, but that should be obvious to anyone who realizes games come to systems that sell well and ease of development of software for the system.

More games will come when the console sells, and the true test will be the holiday

Gutss

Im thinking this feels like making a game on android like easy or better, 1 month for two people to develop for switch is insane.

Vinnk

Capcom is the one third party Nintendo does actually listen to.

Now it remains to be seen whether Capcom actually do anything...

I know it's your MO to jump into every positive Switch thread and turn it negative. But it's hard to say there is bad news in the quotes here.

It's in Capcom's best interest to support the Switch. Their biggest Japanese franchise, Monster Hunter, will eventually need a place to go. Unless Sony releases the Trinity or Capcom decides that they want to risk their bread and butter by getting rid of handheld sales, they will need to put it there.

nded

Chasing high budget, broad-appeal AAA blockbusters hasn't been a winning strategy for Capcom outside of the RE series, so I'm kind of wary.

bomblord1

Banned
Legitimate question is there any chance these dev kits will play retail carts? Because I could see people purchasing them for the expanded internal memory and color scheme.

Neoxon

What Capcom games use MT Framework. I know MvC4 will use Unreal 4 which is also supported on Switch.

I'm hoping we get MvC4 on Switch even if it means it's a watered down version. The game doesn't look that demanding and MvC3 managed to be ported on the Vita.
None of their current-gen console games use MT Framework, hence why Capcom is trying to get the RE Engine running on the Switch. They could port the likes of UMvC3, DMC4, & RE5 to the Switch, though. But if we're talking handheld games, the recent string of Ace Attorney games use MT Framework.

Hopefully MvCI ends up on the Switch. It'd be nice to play it while waiting in line for Black Panther & Infinity War.

Oregano

I know it's your MO to jump into every positive Switch thread and turn it negative. But it's hard to say there is bad news in the quotes here.

It's in Capcom's best interest to support the Switch. Their biggest Japanese franchise, Monster Hunter, will eventually need a place to go. Unless Sony releases the Trinity or Capcom decides that they want to risk their bread and butter by getting rid of handheld sales, they will need to put it there.

Not at all and I agree there's nothing bad in what they are saying, but actions speak louder than words. Switch isn't even getting UMVC3 which is an MT Framework that was released on Vita(at launch!).

It's amazing that the same three or four people continue to pick the small negative in every positive story about Nintendo and third parties.

This article is very interesting indeed. Capcom praising the hardware and development environment while also letting slip the fact they persuaded Nintendo to go with more memory just like Epic got MS to put more memory in the 360.

This interview also suggests to me that just because we aren't seeing major Japanese third party support at launch doesn't mean it isn't coming later.

Wikzo

Seems reasonable. Our small indie game company recently registered on their developer site. Looking forward to the possibility to request a dev kit (at the moment, you can only choose Wii U and 3DS).

Neoxon

man... what a time to be alive
I know, right? Imagine being able to just go against the guy next to you in a MvCI match while in line for an MCU movie (or Fox-Marvel, assuming Ryce's sources are on the money about the Fox characters being DLC).

Obviously not Capcom but "these are planned" is that fuzzy future talk that once again goes to show just how rushed a launch this damn thing is.

This launch is not rushed at all...

If so every launch in the last 25 years was rushed. Every console launched with either a few launch titles and ports or a bunch of games where 95% were absolutly trash. And every console in the past few years got a lot of their features later in the life cycle so that is not a prove either if you want to use it.
I think developers are just a little bit more careful this time. The Wii u was a failure and they wait and see till they announce games for the console. 1. Because they dont want to hear the shit from the Nintendo fans again that they abandon the console when their first port failed to miss the sales expectations because the whole console flopped and 2. It still costs money to port a a.e and they don't wanna throw money out of the window just because some gamers would be happy.
But the big third partys had dev kits a few months ago so that doesnt sound like a rushed launch for me. Everything seems pretty good planned all around with the expectation that we dont have much launch games. But hey, lets just shit on Nintendo for no reason and even when nobody in the past was much better. Lol.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I don't think RE7 Switch will happen but im still hundred percent sure about RE2Make.

Capcom would be stupid not to target Switch with their future releases.

Paz

Nintendo massively upping their game on devkit pricing then, hopefully this means you see a shitload of indies on the platform.

Wonder what the rest of the pipeline is like.

I don't think RE7 Switch will happen but im still hundred percent sure about RE2Make.

As much as Capcom loves to port their RE games I wouldn't say RE7 is out of the question. If they get the engine working they will port the game and release it. Put a little effort in the HD rumble and you praise it as the ultimate console/handheld horror-experience (without VR) or such shit.

Cut the framerate in half and I'm not seeing much that couldn't survive the transition, even if shadows and lighting or whatever take a bit of a hit. I'd wager that any game that runs on Xbox One at native 1080p that stays close to 60 fps most of the time, should be well within reach for the Switch.

opricnik

Banned
i never had those problems even with my new gaming rig. But I do agree that this game is coded poorly with the Ps4 struggles to lock 60fps playing online.
I said low systems you say new rig dude. Did you even read my comment was about scalability

It doesnt run any good on low end systems and needs a very good single thread cpus

I said low systems you say new rig dude. Did you even read my comment was about scalability

It doesnt run any good on low end systems and needs a very good single thread cpus

And I said I had no issues running this game in my Laptop from 2012 with resolution scaling lowered.

ggx2ac

Originally, the Joy-Con controllers were still in the research phase and weren’t included in explanation document.
Ijuin from Capcom said that there was only a touch panel form factor and nothing like the Joy-Con. Because of that, he wasn’t sure in what way the device would be portable. Then after the Joy-Con appeared, he though “I got it!”.

So that explains when that editor from Game Informer said that the NX had no face buttons.

It was literally the Switch body without the Joy-Cons.

This is in reference to when that NX fake controller thread happened.

Top Bottom