• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl just reached Neptune in Noby Noby Boy

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
Best trophy designs? Best trophy designs.

PfMCeWg.jpg

Full size

The DLC trophies for Gravity Rush do something similar.

http://gravityrush.wikia.com/wiki/Trophies

My first thought when reading the OT was; I don't think Girl had even reached the moon last time I played this game.

Checked my trophies and the last one I achieved was on February 21, 2009. Good times.

Haven't played this in a long time, but my daughter loved it, half the fun was in all the random stuff you'd discover on a play through and you never quite knew what to expect.

PS is your avatar one of the enemies from the old 8-bit Bruce Lee game, looks really familiar?

Kevtones

I like the human aspect but this feels like a community going for 1/9 stamps in Wii Sports U.

Congrats on all the hard work regardless.

Put simply, it's a game where you move this weird worm creature around and stretch it. Everyone's total distance stretched is added together into a single large worm creature that is stretching across the galaxy. If I stretch a mile in the game, the larger creature stretches a mile.

They need to stretch the ACTUAL distances of the planets.

Sounds like a better experimental game than whatever Molyneux came up with.

Can you see the approach to the next planet in real time? I want to be there when it happens, it's going to be the gaming event of our lifetime.

manzo

I wonder where GIRL would be now if Namco wouldn't have added the multiplier. I guess we would still be near moon.

It's not so much a game, more an interactive toy. With an awful camera.

You control the titular Boy with dual sticks. Left stick moves one end of him, the right stick the other. He stretch out between each end. You can use this to loop around things and do other stuff. You play on a randomly generated box like level.

Outside of seeing how long you can make him, there's no score, no points, no goals. Just fannying about.

Each time you play, the max length you got the Boy is added to the world wide total. The total length of which has now got to Neptune.

Feel free to correct me if I've got anything wrong, as all this is from my hazy memory of it. I bought it when it first came out on PS3, played it a couple of times, WTF'd hard at the screen each time, then never touched it again.

I generally do serious work using my video games.

Portman

Thanks for the reminder GAF, I've been meaning to buy this game and try it out for a few years but I keep forgetting about it. I'll get it this weekend and give it a try. Will attempt to get friend interested too, maybe we can push for Pluto!

Roto13

It's 1 to 1. The community has stretched this actual distance.

Not really. There are multipliers.

Some previous arrival dates thanks to good old wikipedia

The moon was reached on February 23, 2009, just four days after release.
Mars was reached on May 23, 2009,[8]
Jupiter was reached on November 20, 2009.[9]
As of January 19, 2011 GIRL has reached Saturn.[10]
In the week of December 25 to December 31, 2011, Uranus was reached.[11]

What about Mercury and Venus? Are they even in the game?

The game makes no sense but is somewhat relaxing and funny.

Got all trophies and deleted it from my hard drive, never to be played again.

You are all beeing a little too nostalgic. It's really not a good game.

yamo

Haven't played this in a long time, but my daughter loved it, half the fun was in all the random stuff you'd discover on a play through and you never quite knew what to expect.

PS is your avatar one of the enemies from the old 8-bit Bruce Lee game, looks really familiar?

Yes, it's from Bruce Lee on the C64. For some reason me and brother always called him the Green Mamba, I don't know why.. kids imagination I suppose.

ThisOne

For a short $5 game, this was one of the funnest experiences for me last generation. Sure, I only played the game for a week or two but it was funny and enjoyable.

pirata

That means people are still playing Noby Noby Boy... I don't know what to think about that.

You should be happy that people are still working to bring us new content on the best PS3 exclusive*.

And by this, I mean my personal favorite. God, I need to fire it up again soon.

wow, that's fucking awesome. so weird to think the metagame thing is still going on. i thought this game was genius, had a lot of weird fun with it (enhanced with the ability to play your own mp3s in-game, i of course used Mobb Deep).

Wait this game never got a release outside of Japan right?

of course it did!

Wow, I really hope it reaches Pluto at some point. Maybe people could do some sort of Twitter campaign to get a bunch of people to play it one more time.

Top Bottom