• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can basically be a better Gunter on a Cavalry team. Brave Axe, Pivot, Bonfire, Drag Back and Death Blow. As previously pointed out extremely similar to Cherche. C slot can be Hone/Fortify Cavalry or Threaten Attack.

It's just weird, I've been struggling for another green to replace Camilia in certain teams, now I got three green 5* in the past two pulls.

Ill take it though.

I want a green dragon. Not too familiar with the series so maybe there isn't anyone except Fae, but they have weapon swapped a couple of characters already.

Frederick and Cherche are both amazing, and their optimal builds are practically identical. I wouldn't write him off so quickly.

That mostly my problem, I want Cherche for favoritism and getting Frederick would make her less relevant. Well, they could be part of my Flyer and Cavalry team. Um...

Speaking of which, just pulled a 5* Frederick. What's a good setup for him?

He can basically be a better Gunter on a Cavalry team. Brave Axe, Pivot, Bonfire, Drag Back and Death Blow. As previously pointed out extremely similar to Cherche. C slot can be Hone/Fortify Cavalry or Threaten Attack.
Reposition is another good assist alternative, and I think keeping his natural Luna special is a solid choice.

If he's +DEF you can also double down on that with a QR build.

That mostly my problem, I want Cherche for favoritism and getting Frederick would make her less relevant. Well, they could be part of my Flyer and Cavalry team. Um...
Ah, okay. They're my favourite male and female characters from Awakening, so it's cool to me that they're so directly comparable here.

Did you try for her during the gauntlet banner with no luck then?

Ah, okay. They're my favourite male and female characters from Awakening, so it's cool to me that they're so directly comparable here.

Did you try for her during the gauntlet banner with no luck then?

Yea... Got Minerva with bad IV. I have a 5* Camilla waiting for Cherche since I got a better Camilla pulling greens for a 3* Cherche when Nino was featured. In fact I pulled as many 5* Camilla as I did 3* Cherche since the game came out. :/

kewlmyc

Finally beat the game.

HZRyVUa.png

Vena

It is? Back to the old grind.

On a regular double from BB+, Luna and Moonbow will both trigger on the second engage and on the first round of hits (before a counter).

On a double-double, both Luna and Moonbow will both trigger on the second round.

Luna is simply better.

Sushen

In case, for people that are concerned when merging units.

I merged my 40+2 Lyn to my level 1 Lyn, when it shows the resulting Lyn before you confirm it to continue, if you press on the icon of the resulting Lyn, for me it would have been Level 1+3, it will show her stats and skills she has. So I would know ahead of time that she keeps the other one's inherited skills including all skills that haven't been learnt yet.

I just got her too, again. Now I'll have a level 40+3 Lyn: Speed Up, Res Down.

And I got a Sanaki for the first time, Speed Up, HP Down.
So, even if you feed +2 unit to another unit, you get +3? Or, you have to merge to +2 unit if you want to maintain the stats counts?

Ninferno

So, even if you feed +2 unit to another unit, you get +3? Or, you have to merge to +2 unit if you want to maintain the stats counts?

Merging a +x unit with +y unit of the same rarity gives you a x + y + 1 unit. x and y can be any number, even zero.

Sushen

With Nowi who has the weapon that guarantees the counter, vantage synergize better or vantage is kinda wasted? As a dragon, which type is her strength and weakness beyond Falchion users? I'm preparing her for potential arena mission, although she's spd-.
Hopefully atk+ helps her still competitive.

Ninferno

With Nowi who has the weapon that guarantees the counter, vantage synergize better or vantage is kinda wasted? As a dragon, which type is her strength and weakness beyond Falchion users? I'm preparing her for potential arena mission, although she's spd-.
Hopefully atk+ helps her still competitive.

It's true that Vantage is generally good for 1-2 ranger. However, in Nowi's case, I get the feeling that her Atk (even at +Atk, which is respectable at 48, and of magic nature) isn't high enough for Vantage to make a huge impact. You need OHKO for Vantage to matter (unless you are talking about defense team, which I honestly don't think F2Ps or small-spenders should care too much), and 48 blue magic attack certainly isn't going to kill any blue or green. Even on red, you will need TA3 to put you over the threshold to reliably OHKO most of the popular reds if you don't have your special fully charged. And if you have TA3, reds (bar Falchions) already do little to no damage to you anyway so you might as well take their 0 damage hits to charge up your special.

So, my verdict is that Vantage isn't too great for Nowi; it might work well if along the way of getting her health down to Vantage range you get her special charged up as well, but I personally wouldn't want to rely on that. QR, (or maybe blue breakers) is the way to go for Nowi. Regarding your Nowi's IV, -Spd is unfortunately pretty damning for her. You will need some serious Spd buffing to avoid getting doubled in many cases.

Sushen

It's true that Vantage is generally good for 1-2 ranger. However, in Nowi's case, I get the feeling that her Atk (even at +Atk, which is respectable at 48, and magic nature) isn't high enough for Vantage to make a huge impact. You need OHKO for Vantage to matter (unless you are talking about defense team, which I honestly don't think F2Ps or small-spenders should care too much), and 48 blue magic attack certainly isn't going to kill any blue or green. Even on red, you will need TA3 to put you over the threshold to reliably OHKO most of the popular reds if you don't have your special fully charged. And if you have TA3, reds (bar Falchions) already does little to no damage to you anyway so you might as well take their 0 damage hit to charge up your special.

So, my verdict is that Vantage isn't too great for Nowi. QR, (or maybe blue breakers) is the way to go. Regarding your Nowi's IV, -Spd is unfortunately pretty damning for her. You will need some serious Spd buffing to avoid getting doubled in many cases.
Thanks. I'm going to put fury to make up lack of atk and spd. Lack of speed is general theme of my team where Lucina is only fast units I have...

Thanks. I'm going to put fury to make up lack of atk and spd. Lack of speed is general theme of my team where Lucina is only fast units I have...
If you have Quick Riposte, you won't need to take Fury since you'll autodouble and OHKO almost any blue/red that you run into. It'd be better to run TA to better deal with Swords.

Ninferno

Well, here I am. Project Olivia is well underway.

I'm pretty much broke after promoting her and when I gather the next 20k feathers I will be prompting a Palla (which I reserved specifically for Olivia) for her Ruby Sword+, along with WoM3 and Moonbow. That's 3 crucial skills in one single sacrifice, you can't get any more economical than that. lol

I would very much like Fury 3 but I don't have any more Hinatas and I'm already spending 40k feathers for Olivia; I seriously don't want to spend another 20k just for one unit. If a Hinata comes along I will gladly sacrifice him but if not, I'm going to settle for Fury 2 and be done with it.

I don't think Wings of Mercy is the right warp skill for dancers. Escape Route is better since you can then dance to everyone rather than just the units that are below 50% hp.

Quixzlizx

So I had used up my three swords for the day, and I had a 5/7 streak going. I was tempted to use a dueling sword, but every other time this week I've used a sword so I could finish a streak off, I've met with disaster.

"What the hell," I decide, and burn the sword anyway. And I'm matched up against a team with Camilla and THREE VANTAGE TAKUMIS. FUCK.

It was the stage with the breakable wall checkerboard pattern, and my team was Nino, Azura, Eirika, and Sharena. I was able to take out one Takumi, but I had no way of taking the other three out in one turn. So I managed to cram my 4 units into the four last spaces in both corners outside of threat range. Next turn, Eirika doubled and killed one Takumi... and then her drag back activated and she moved into the space I needed to put Nino in so she could take both remaining units out that turn. FUCK! But thankfully, Eirika still had enough HP left to take out Camilla after Azura sung, and I was able to take out the third Takumi with Nino.

Eat shit, you prissy bastards!

I ended up with a 4772 score.

kewlmyc

I don't think Wings of Mercy is the right warp skill for dancers. Escape Route is better since you can then dance to everyone rather than just the units that are below 50% hp.

What's the likelihood that when the dancer is attacked, they won't be the last character on the field? In order for dancers to use escape route means they're taking damage, which they shouldn't be doing in the first place.

Dancers can tank at least 1 hit from most characters that don't have WTA. It's still mostly preference though, since I sometimes have to bait with my dancer lol.

Sushen

If you have Quick Riposte, you won't need to take Fury since you'll autodouble and OHKO almost any blue/red that you run into. It'd be better to run TA to better deal with Swords.

QR is counter attack not double, right? Also I feel maintainingredients 80%+ is tougher than going below 80%, especially with fury.

I'm pretty much broke after promoting her and when I gather the next 20k feathers I will be prompting a Palla (which I reserved specifically for Olivia) for her Ruby Sword+, along with WoM3 and Moonbow. That's 3 crucial skills in one single sacrifice, you can't get any more economical than that. lol

I would very much like Fury 3 but I don't have any more Hinatas and I'm already spending 40k feathers for Olivia; I seriously don't want to spend another 20k just for one unit. If a Hinata comes along I will gladly sacrifice him but if not, I'm going to settle for Fury 2 and be done with it.
Haha, that's the exact setup that I have, except with Azura, my ace unit.

QR is counter attack not double, right? Also I feel maintainingredients 80%+ is tougher than going below 80%, especially with fury.

Haha, that's the exact setup that I have, except with Azura, my ace unit.

yeah, but Nowi's pretty much the best bait unit in the game. You only need to have QR go off once to make games infinitely easier. Only a few characters can kill Nowi even with neutral IVs.
I think Wings of Mercy works well if you are fielding Fury users.

fair enough.

Sushen

yeah, but Nowi's pretty much the best bait unit in the game. You only need to have QR go off once to make games infinitely easier. Only a few characters can kill Nowi even with neutral IVs.
I see. That's why peoples are critical of the low speed as she'll start out getting hit and you don't want to be doubled.

Baiting isn't what I'm used to, but I'm curious to try it.

Theosmeo

Would reprisal be good on Lyn to make her the ultimate low health hero? she has vantage and is plus spd RN so it seems like a good idea

Looks like I'll end up sacrificing a pulled 5* unit for the first time...ended up pulling a Reinhardt during a Nowi hunt, but I already have a +ATK 4* Reinhardt. Still haven't decided what to do with my spare Bunny Chrom either.

spiritfox

Looks like I'll end up sacrificing a pulled 5* unit for the first time...ended up pulling a Reinhardt during a Nowi hunt, but I already have a +ATK 4* Reinhardt. Still haven't decided what to do with my spare Bunny Chrom either.

I have a number of 5*s I wanna sac for skills but I'm still a little worried I might need them again later lol.

Firemind

What's her nature?

McNum

There once was a prophet from Nabata. She was slow and deemed useless by many. Everyone knew her, none would consult her. So she waited in isolation, ranked among the lowest of warriors while mages and archers and ninjas were hailed as the greatest heroes of our time.

But she grew strong.
mJVZ13xl.png

And she learned how to get along!
dR4bgOBl.png
0VJYiCCl.png
LBn6cLzl.png
oNpXRFSl.png

(Not pictured, Julia, Nino. Results will be the same.)

Archers got you down? Kagero wrecking your team? Green mages make you sad? Why not try Sophia? The slowest mage in the game, and the perfect counter to the current green and bow heavy metagame.

Yes, I did just take the "worst" mage in the game and made her into an anti-meta counter. And she excels at that job. Now you might ask why not Lilina or Henry, even? Lilina can't do this. She would get destroyed by Kagero, TA or not. And Henry, despite getting Raurraven+, does less damage than Sophia. Only Sophia sits in this exact middleground where she both ignores archers and axes AND can hit back hard enough to kill the ranged enemies. After a bit of skill inheritance shenanigans, of course. She needs that Raurraven tome. And Triangle Adept 3. And Quick Reposte, but we just got a free Subaki, so that one is easy to get. We also got a free Palla for Moonbow. Triangle Adept might be harder to get, I had a four star Roy. That'll teach him to troll with a movie for a four star pull.

Getting a perfect run with her on the team was easy. Nothing green or colorless can seriously hurt her. Kagero up there is one of the bad ones. A fully buffed Gronnblade+ user can hurt her, too, but those are rare. And easy to split off when the AI runs her. In most cases, Sophia will just take a hit and destroy Nino (Or Cecilia if that's who you're bladin' with.) Of course, a fair warning needs to be given. While she is functionally immune to all green and colorless foes, she really REALLY should not tangle with anything blue. At all. Reinhardt will wreck her. Linde and Robin, too. Blue melee is bad for her as well. Which is why she's teaming up with Nino. They kill each others' counters.

Oh, and if taking Sophia to five stars might be a bit steep for you, it's okay. She still counters Kagero at four stars with this build. She will lose out in some Red vs. Red fights she'd otherwise win, but four stars and Triangle Adept 2 is actually enough for a stopgap solution to archers and ninjas. I just went further with the idea instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom