• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman

Haven't played in a while, just getting back. 80 orbs, no 5 stars. I'm not mad at all, though.

How does the new arena ranking system work? I got Kagero four stars and a ton of feathers, my Kagero is also +atk -def so she'd be good to upgrade to 5 stars, but...does she still tank the arena score as much as before?

We don't know for sure but base stat totals definitely matter a lot less. You can safely use Kagero and still get a 4.750+ score. Main factors are level, rarities, then equipped skills and raw stats.

I got a +Atk/-HP Nowi. That's good right? What role does she serve?

Also, what do I do about the shame?

Nowi is a magic damage dealing offensively oriented tank that comes with a built-in distant counter, and she is in the best color to deal with the most common weapon designed to kill dragons. The advent of green mages hampers her usefulness, but with Quick Riposte you can almost always use her to tank at least one hit from anything not named Julia or Nino and deal heavy damage in return.

What shame? You carry her in your team like a badge of honor!

So I got a 5* Raven and Merric. Are they any good? I'm still fishing for Hector at this point.

Raven is perceived poorly because he comes with one of the worst weapons for his stats - the Brave Axe. If you take it off he actually has 35 speed and a really nice offensive spread beyond that. Unfortunately he has to compete with other common axe users like Cherche, Minerva and Hector.
I already have Camilia. What's so special about Cherche?

Cherche has 8 (!) more Atk than Camilla, so she is a fantastic candidate for builds involving Brave Axe and Drag Back. In a pinch she possesses solid physical bulk as well. However she requires a lot of investment to be useful, significantly more than Minerva.

Well this makes my Nowi conundrum even more of one. Had 5 orbs and decided to pull a single blue orb and got a 4* +res/-atk. Now this merged with my other Nowi and getting the Fortify dragon buff could take on some mages and win handily. -Atk I think is easier to overcome with sacred seal and SI than -res. -res makes her a liability to blue mages.

Roman

Well this makes my Nowi conundrum even more of one. Had 5 orbs and decided to pull a single blue orb and got a 4* +res/-atk. Now this merged with my other Nowi and getting the Fortify dragon buff could take on some mages and win handily. -Atk I think is easier to overcome with sacred seal and SI than -res. -res makes her a liability to blue mages.

-Res is actually her most recommended bane.

I want a Nowi with either +SPD/-HP or +SPD/-RES. I would easily get her to 5* and feed her my current Nowi.

The +SPD would allow her to do her job so much better.

-Res is actually her most recommended bane.

-HP is her best bane now with the sacred seals.

I think I am going to go with the +res/-atk. Running it through a dmg calculator with res 3 + sword breaker and with buffs she will survive and kill a lot more ranged units and the -Atk barely affects her. Even with no buffs she would kill a +10 +Atk/neutral res Ryoma or Lucina with fury 3. Insane. She also survives a +Atk with fury 3 Nino with a Fortify dragon buff. Could put reciprocal Aid on my Eirika who runs Renewal 3 and keep Nowi up and running.

Now if only I had some feathers.....

Theosmeo

I want a Nowi with either +SPD/-HP or +SPD/-RES. I would easily get her to 5* and feed her my current Nowi.

The +SPD would allow her to do her job so much better.

It might seem like that, but my +speed nowi is struggling hard, granted she gives up Def for it but i kinda wish i had her neutral honestly

Mupod

I don't need my arena swords anymore because I did the math and my current run is already unlikely to pass my 4810 even if I get a few 688 rounds. So I tried unequipping skills from my team, which is running heavy SI (every slot filled with max rank stuff).

Removing all skills but weapons dropped my score from a typical 686-688 to 670. Putting back on most of their default skills raised it to around 678. So it seems to simply count how many skills you have equipped. Nothing fancy like total SP spent. I suppose if I got tired of facing super merged teams I could unequip some skills and run vanilla, good to know.

Firemind

I don't need my arena swords anymore because I did the math and my current run is already unlikely to pass my 4810 even if I get a few 688 rounds. So I tried unequipping skills from my team, which is running heavy SI (every slot filled with max rank stuff).

Removing all skills but weapons dropped my score from a typical 686-688 to 670. Putting back on most of their default skills raised it to around 678. So it seems to simply count how many skills you have equipped. Nothing fancy like total SP spent. I suppose if I got tired of facing super merged teams I could unequip some skills and run vanilla, good to know.
Do support abilities count towards it? Cause three of my dudes still don't have one. I just have better things to learn.

Mupod

Do support abilities count towards it? Cause three of my dudes still don't have one. I just have better things to learn.

I ran outta swords but I'd imagine yes.

They're cheap for SP and you can get them from 3* units so I make sure everyone has an assist. I get a ton of mileage out of assist abilities like smite and draw back. Reposition is awesome as well. I don't even know if I need a dancer anymore, now that I'm good at using these.

That's interesting. I have a few units with a fuck ton of SP but I'm not particularly sure what to do with.

Any ideas what you give Sanaki? I could give her a special but she only really attacks once or twice. Swordbreaker to at least give her something else she can do. She can kill almost all the greens already

Sushen

Wow, my latest defense is against 5* level 40 Zephiel. Someone did a super quick leveling. Mine is only 4* level 38.

scy

My assumption was basically +1 per slotted skill, regardless of effectiveness of said skill.

Sushen

I finally got spd+ 4* Nino on my second account that I logged in first time in a month. I guess, I'll play both accounts again. Setsuna isn't too bad either.

Watching that video shows me that I should really think about giving Reposition to some units.

Reposition is godlike. Completely changes some match ups. I was having a problem with blue mages but after putting reposition on Robin I can swing a green melee over and eliminate them instantly. It works out since they cover each other's weaknesses. Like I can toss Michalis back after he goes in then Robin can eat all the red melee damage and shrug it off with TA

Holy smokes! I ran into a Bunmilla with the full set of flier buffs + fury. 55 base attack. Fucking 85 attack!

Really would have been fucked without Snacky. Even with her crazy high res plus TA3 Camilla hit her for 17! For reference Julias with 50ish attack hit her for 0.

Almost had a perfect run but I got caught out by Wings of Mercy Azura smh. WoM being available on the same phase is complete BS

Roman

That's interesting. I have a few units with a fuck ton of SP but I'm not particularly sure what to do with.

Any ideas what you give Sanaki? I could give her a special but she only really attacks once or twice. Swordbreaker to at least give her something else she can do. She can kill almost all the greens already

I don't have her but I would take off Triangle Adept and replace it with Fury, so that she hits everyone harder instead of overkilling greens. With that in mind you could put on Vantage due to its synergy, or Swordbreaker, depending on whether you want her to be better on enemy or player phase.

_Legacy_

Did my final arena run. Nearly got flawless but on the final match stupidly forgot about Eirika's drag back on my Effie, which brought her into get range of a +3 Nino. Ended up with 4698 but gutted I didn't crack 4.7k region. Should get me in the 10k to 30k range.

xequalsy

What do you guys think is a good B skill for MRobin? Been struggling in arena a bit again, so figure I should try to patch up this gap I still have.

lt519

Odds of getting another Ursula? I want to put Death Blow on Reinhardt but she's the only unit I've got with it and for collection sake I don't want to give that up.

What special are people putting on him, Moonbow or Luna?

What do you guys think is a good B skill for MRobin? Been struggling in arena a bit again, so figure I should try to patch up this gap I still have.

It's situational but putting Blue Tomebreaker on him allows him to survive Linde.

In other news I think I am ready for Permadeath Emblem.

XQ2pOJc.jpg

Odds of getting another Ursula? I want to put Death Blow on Reinhardt but she's the only unit I've got with it and for collection sake I don't want to give that up.

What special are people putting on him, Moonbow or Luna?

Luna for more damage on a high-priority target. He could theoretically fire off Moonbow twice by attacking three targets, but it's pretty rare to -need- to fight three targets. Would have to question what the rest of your team's doing if that's the case.

Quick Riposte makes red mages and grays deader than dead and compensates for MRobin's lack of firepower.

It's situational but putting Blue Tomebreaker on him allows him to survive Linde.

Eh, not too fond of Blue Tomebreaker on Robin myself. It only brings the Linde matchup to even. Not winning. Even. Goes for most of the other blue mages too as they have the Res to go toe-to-toe with Robin even if he were to double them while taking him down to <50%. Reinhardt's the one exception as a mere +1 Atk (Thanks, Patch. 1.20 >.>) is enough to give him the one-shot against Robin.

So I have two 5-star Abels, one -ATK+SPD and one -ATK+DEF, which one of those should I keep?

-Atk...I'd go for +Spd. 30 Spd after Brave Lance and before buffs is pretty decent, I'd say.

xequalsy

I think I should be okay against most blue mages - I can use Julia to tank a hit most of the time and she deals with pesky green mages too now that I have GTome breaker.

Mostly been struggling against the Sanakis I run into I guess so I'll give QR a try.

Though maybe I should consider swapping out Robin entirely.

Luna is great for him. Also it is tough finding a good B skill for him because he just kills nearly everything not green and rarely gets touched. Lancebreaker is about the best as it prevents units like Ephraim and Sharena from doubling him on enemy phase.

StAidan

Decided to pull for Reinhardt because I realized this was a great opportunity to get Vantage fodder for my other units.

... well, now I have 2 +atk Reinhardts, not sure I can bring myself to get rid of either of them.

TetsujinZ

I put Draconic Aura on my +Atk Reinhardt with DB3. According to the mass duel simulator it pulls slightly ahead of Luna in total wins and allows ORKO against neutral Hector.

Sushen

I need to decide whether to 5* Zephiel. Eventually, I want to, but feathers still limited resources. Anyone going to?

I want a good 3* Cherche so bad but Frederick is not good enough to convince me to pull on greens for this banner. Not sure when there will be a good green on a banner again... :(

I want a good 3* Cherche so bad but Frederick is not good enough to convince me to pull on greens for this banner. Not sure when there will be a good green on a banner again... :(
Frederick and Cherche are both amazing, and their optimal builds are practically identical. I wouldn't write him off so quickly.

Roman

Speaking of which, just pulled a 5* Frederick. What's a good setup for him?

He can basically be a better Gunter on a Cavalry team. Brave Axe, Pivot, Bonfire, Drag Back and Death Blow. As previously pointed out extremely similar to Cherche. C slot can be Hone/Fortify Cavalry or Threaten Attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom