• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier: Automata PC performance thread

So I was waiting for this to come out to decide between PS4 Pro or this.

I have a 980ti/i5 4690 and want 1440p at 60fps locked or as close to it as possible (I have Gsync). Good to go?

Tain

That's because it's actually running at the resolution in the settings. Full screen is bugged in some cases and looks like it's not running the correct resolution.

That sucks, I really dislike borderless windowed mode :/

Still, a big relief that this runs in arbitrary resolutions!

Momentary

Banned
Damn. I'm at work. Anyone here with a 1080Ti or Titan that can speak on performance?

I'm really hoping for locked 60 at 4K with at least 2 to 4x MSAA

The Thnikkaman

Neo Member
Really wanna get this for my PC but I wish there was a demo available so I could see just how well my system handles it before I drop money on it. Computer's a little older but runs Metal Gear Rising nicely...not sure how this compares.

Can always request a refund through steam if you download it and it runs poorly.

Sounds similar to PS4 Pro performance with that setup.

i7 2600 seems a little old, if it's dropping frames on loading new areas perhaps it's a CPU bottleneck? Or am I just talking out my ass?
Could be! Not a big deal, though. The drops are always breif. Honestly, this chip still does a lot despite its age.

DS4Windows doesn't want to work with this for me for whatever reason. Seems to work just fine in every other game, but Nier just doesn't accept input from the controller.

Just needed to bitch because between Steam decrypt and this nothing is working aaaaaaa
Use your DS4 through the Steam Controller configurator if you can, that's what I'm doing. Works nice!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I knew my old set up wouldnt cut it.
65fedbf4d7.png

First flying section runs at 30fps and then near the end of the flying section goes to 45-58fps. The combat area with 2B is 30fps and it crashed before the mini boss. I may be able to mess around a bit and play it but yeah it was around what I was expecting.

Game looks incredibly soft to me regardless of resolution. I'll mess about with borderless window and see if that fixes it I guess?

JustinBB7

Haven't started it up yet, waiting for it to be fully dark.

Should I run newest NVIDIA drivers? I'm one the one before I think. Since I'm always a bit cautious with new NVIDIA drivers since they can break things sometimes, and if I remember it right they once fried a bunch of GPU's a while ago lol.

I kinda want to try with my PII X4 965 + HD7950. I'm definetly (finally) changing my PC next month, so this could be the last hurra for this old PC.

The Thnikkaman

Neo Member
Could be! Not a big deal, though. The drops are always breif. Honestly, this chip still does a lot despite its age.

Use your DS4 through the Steam Controller configurator if you can, that's what I'm doing. Works nice!

Yeah I kept my old i5 2500k until this past year. Still does work, I use it for a Homr theater/living room pc now.

big fake

i5-6600k
GTX 1060 6GB
8GB DDR4 2133MHZ

Hitting a solid 60fps at 1080p with AA set to 2x and AF set to 16x. Ambient Occlusion off and both effects and shadows at high.

At 4x AA dips into high 40s/low 50s when entering internal factories with a lot of fences. FPS locked at 60 it seems also.

Overall: pretty good port. might just be a taxing game and so thats why AA is killing it in certain areas but overall, buttery smooth

Kinda runs okay for me. 900p on medium on my 770gtx 2gb keeps it at close to 60 frames constantly except cutscenes. I'm planning an upgrade soon anyway

I played through the intro, which I think is what the PS4 demo was. It ran completely smooth except for one or two hitches outside of combat. This is with all settings maxed (except for AA which is at 4x) at 1440p on a GTX 1080 and an i5-4690K.

My PS4 controller was initially using my Steam 'desktop configuration' and wouldn't show the controller prompts in-game. This was easily fixed by popping into big picture mode and changing my desktop configuration to 'Gamepad with camera control'.

I'm really liking it so far!

Dmented

Banned
I'm having an issue where when I set the game to 1080p fullscreen, while the settings SAY it's 1080p, it is not. Steam overlay is blurry, GeForce Experience icons are stretched out and it runs slower than in window mode.

Anyone have any ideas how to solve this?

Any impression on weaker PCs yet? Rocking a laptop GPU from 2012 and I'm worried :s

(900p screen, 650M GPU, i7 3630QM CPU, targeting 60fps)

Will a GTX 970 with i5 4670k@4.0Ghz outperform the PS4 Pro version? I mean, I know it should but I'm not sure if it'll manage 1440p@60fps.

Drain You

I haven't hooked my gaming rig up in about a year but this game is tempting me. Problem is I don't know if it'll run that great.

Believe it's a core i5 not sure about speed, 8gb ram, and a Amd 7850 2gb. I'd only be running at 1080p and wouldn't mind capping it at 30fps.

Akronis

I'm having an issue where when I set the game to 1080p fullscreen, while the settings SAY it's 1080p, it is not. Steam overlay is blurry, GeForce Experience icons are stretched out and it runs slower than in window mode.

Anyone have any ideas how to solve this?

Been discussed already. Fullscreen mode is fucked. Use Windowed and download Borderless Windowed software.

Pitch black despite audio and button presses obviously working because of menu noise post loading data. I want to play ;-;

Where is the ini?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, it's running < 1080p for me too even when set to 1080p. Tried a few things. Broken aspect ratio. Screws up my desktop after exiting due to not actually running in 1080p.

So... guess I'll be refunding. What with my new VR setup I was fairly unlikely to play a lot of this right now anyways.

Really don't understand why I'm getting nothing above 45fps even on lowest settings with a 1060. Is my PC just fucked or something? Seriously considering getting the PS4 version instead either way.

My monitor switches to 1080i when i go fullscreen. It washes out the colours and it letterboxes the entire game. Might be the same issue that MG:R had (still has?)

Maaaan, some of you guys are making me paranoid. And I was already paranoid.

I can't even play MGR on my monitor, every time I connect my laptop the game crashes.

Ok, this all sounds very similar to Metal Gear Rising. I would advise you to check the resolution and refresh rate the game is running at. The solution in MGR often was to force the game to run at 60 Hz. I think that game had problems detecting the correct monitor/TV settings or something and maybe they still have that problem.
You can do that in your Nvidia settings. Not sure if AMD supports it by now, but back then you could use RadeonPro to do it!

Report back, maybe? I'm scared now...

If the game crashes, I would try the same thing as a last resort.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
gtx 1080
16 gig ram
windows 10

game is running like a champ for me at 1440p. haven't really noticed any drops at all.

How is this a good port when 980Ti/1070s are running not too far off a PS4 Pro?? Unless I'm reading people's results wrong. Humour me.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Holy hell, I didn't realize the system requirements for this game were so high.

I have an i5 4570 and a radeon 7950. Might not cut it for this game, huh. :(

Bulzeeb

well I have a core i7 (between 4000 and 4300) cant remember that atm, 24 GB RAM and a 780M, will I be able to run this at 1080 / 60fps? I am about to click on the purchase button but I'd like some suggestions

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
PS4 is 900p.

900p and no AA and low levels of AA to boot.

If your used to higher levels of fidelity playing on PC, base PS4 fidelity for this game aint gonna cut it. PS4 Pro is much improved, but you can still push higher on PC

Grief.exe

Borderless Windowed usually adds latency which I don't like. That's the case right? It's triple buffered, isn't it?

(I figure small problems arising within 2 minutes bodes very poorly for the rest of the game -- don't want to run into an issue 3 hours in)

Latency generally goes the opposite direction from full screen v-sync.

Is this 3440x1440? What is your setup and how does it perform?

That looks a little off to me for some reason on my screen. Not very crisp.

That's maxed at 2560x1920 with 8xAA. Running an i5 4690k@4.8Ghz and GTX 1070 it's a hard lock on 60FPS.

Looks off because it's poo-poo JPG from Steam. Meant more to show FOV and not graphical quality.

The Thnikkaman

Neo Member
well I have a core i7 (between 4000 and 4300) cant remember that atm, 24 GB RAM and a 780M, will I be able to run this at 1080 / 60fps? I am about to click on the purchase button but I'd like some suggestions

How much VRAM? Right now it seems like 4GB is the number for smooth performance

Top Bottom