• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield DLSS3 Frame Generation Demo

From PureDark's Patreon:

Starfield Upscaler FG Build Beta 03
This mod enables DLSS 3 in Starfield.
DLSSFG is only supported by 4000 series cards!

Download

• I only distribute updates via discord.
  • Link your discord account to patreon and you will get pulled in the server by patreon bot.
  • Download updates in beta-access channel.

Changelog

Beta 03
  • Improved stability
  • Fixed scope freezing
  • Added the option to only disable FG in loading screen.
  • Hotfix1: Fixed compatibility with Game Pass version
Beta 02
  • Added the option to disable FG in menus and delay-enabling it after exiting the menu. This will fixed the game freeze issue in loading screen.
  • Now the game reads your settings for FG when starting.
INSTALLATION
  1. Remember to delete d3d12.dll AND dxgi.dll in the game's root folder if you have installed any other version of the mod.
  2. Extract to game's exe folder, if you have been using ReShade, don't overwrite the ReShade.ini so that you can use your own preset.
  3. If you want the Steam Overlay or your controller is not working, rename d3d12.dll to dxgi.dll.
  4. Enable FSR2 and disable Dynamic Resolution in the game settings.
  5. Press END to open the menu, then authenticate for the first time, no continuous subscription needed, if you have subscribed you can pass the authentication after the subscription expires.
  6. Enable DLSS2 and DLSS FG in the mod menu.
  7. There's hotkey for toggling them, and you can change them in the mods/StarfieldUpscaler.ini.

Buggy Loop

So they manage to inject Reflex too with these mods? Because latency is improved, typically goes hand in hand with reflex. I'm surprised how these modders do this. Insane stuff.

Is it me or does it look worse?

It looked about the same for me, but I noticed improved framerate/latency. However, given my system specs, upscaling isn't needed as It can easily handle this game at a native 1440P maxed out. I decided to remove as there isn't really a benefit to me, also, PureDark seems to be packaging a reshade with this mod as well.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
So KyoZz KyoZz and a bunch of people on this thread were freaking out about nothing? Who would have thought.
I'm gonna repeat this for maybe the 4th time but while you can authenticate, if an update for Starfield is released and you are not subscribed to get the latest version of the mod, it will not work. No matter if you've been subscribed before. And even if that wasn't the case, paid mod is shit and should not exist in this way (behind a Patreon).

And since you wanna play, how about those:
- We should agree to pay this mod more than one time since Starfield will get updates and make his mod obsolete every weeks?
- What about the precedent this create?
- Do we have to agree to subscribe to 10, 15, 20 Patreon if we want to modify a game like Skyrim?
- What about other mods then? Someone working his ass to make beautiful textures should not get rewarded equally?
- Then were is the limit, were do you drawn the line?
- The legal aspect of all that, he is not in his right so... you are fine with that?

If you've read the thread, you also know that I'm all for modders being rewarded, but there are other options besides Patreon.
And again, just to be sure: To get access to the new update of the mod you need to be subscribed, he his playing with words as you will be able to authenticate but not activate the mod itself.

Closer

I'm gonna repeat this for maybe the 4th time but while you can authenticate, if an update for Starfield is released and you are not subscribed to get the latest version of the mod, it will not work. No matter if you've been subscribed before. And even if that wasn't the case, paid mod is shit and should not exist in this way (behind a Patreon).

And since you wanna play, how about those:
- We should agree to pay this mod more than one time since Starfield will get updates and make his mod obsolete every weeks?
- What about the precedent this create?
- Do we have to agree to subscribe to 10, 15, 20 Patreon if we want to modify a game like Skyrim?
- What about other mods then? Someone working his ass to make beautiful textures should not get rewarded equally?
- Then were is the limit, were do you drawn the line?
- The legal aspect of all that, he is not in his right so... you are fine with that?

If you've read the thread, you also know that I'm all for modders being rewarded, but there are other options besides Patreon.
And again, just to be sure: To get access to the new update of the mod you need to be subscribed, he his playing with words as you will be able to authenticate but not activate the mod itself.

Oh, I did read that thread. It was really entertaining.

Do you really not understand the nature of the concern, or are you just being disingenuous?

I do understand the nature of the concern, but it is not something that was proven somehow. There's only concern and they are reacting to it as something that's guaranteed to be what's gonna happen.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

I do understand the nature of the concern, but it is not something that was proven somehow. There's only concern and they are reacting to it as something that's guaranteed to be what's gonna happen.
And so why are you quoting me? You have nothing to say on those question I'm asking nor the fact you NEED to be subscribed to use the mod?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I think that you ask a bunch of loosely connected questions that are not relevant to the topic at hand and is equivalent to a temper tantrum. Imo.
Uh Huh Yes GIF

Are you really trying not to answer the first question? We should agree to pay this mod more than one time since Starfield will get updates and make his mod obsolete every weeks?
This is the easiest way to escape these questions, because you can't answer them without looking stupid with your take. But still this "you have to paid it once" is bullshit. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Just answer this one as I'm curious:

Or next time, don't quote me or make me waste my time.

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member

…it’s also not guaranteed *not* to happen, so why are you treating it as if it is? It remains a possibility and, given that it has not been explicitly ruled out, a likely one.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I don't understand the hate for a paid mod if it's doing something extraordinary.
Realistically, the person probably deserves some money for thier time. If someone else wants to release a free mod, they are free to do so. At least it exists......

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I will not be paying for a mod, thank you!!

Been using this mod and there's no going back. My CPU is kind of weak (9900k) but I have a 4090 and this is a game changer for me.
A 9900k with a 4090? Hopefully you are planning an upgrade because your 4090 is going to waste being paired with that CPU. I had a 9700K which is more or less the same as a 9900K and I upgraded to a 4080. Since upgrading to a 7800X3D my frame rate is doubled in some games.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It looked about the same for me, but I noticed improved framerate/latency. However, given my system specs, upscaling isn't needed as It can easily handle this game at a native 1440P maxed out. I decided to remove as there isn't really a benefit to me, also, PureDark seems to be packaging a reshade with this mod as well.
FG doesn't improve latency. In fact it introduces latency. Usually it's minor.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Some comments on the mod says it makes the game crash a lot. Curios to see if thats the case. I still cant test it yet, maybe in 2 days.
I only tested it quickly during my lunch break and loaded 4 different saves in busy locations.

It crashed when I went back to the main menu (I wanted to exit the game but hit the wrong button).

I'll se tonight if it crashes or not during gameplay.
If it does, I'll go back to his DLSS2 version until updated, but it looks like the guy is quite active with updates.

Last edited:
Just built a PC with a 4090, I9 processor, 64gb of ram and 2TB SSD. This game runs flawless so far at 4K max settings and I capped it at 60fps because I'm playing on a 55" LG OLED E8.

I tested RDR2 at 4K, 60fps max setting but there were some noticeable hitches so I turned on DLSS and the sharpening effect it has when you move the camera is pretty ugly. I think I settled on 1440p, 60fps, max settings with medium TAA.

Closer

…it’s also not guaranteed *not* to happen, so why are you treating it as if it is? It remains a possibility and, given that it has not been explicitly ruled out, a likely one.

While I agree that it can happen, it didn't, so no need to be that worried and react to things that are outside of the corrent problem.

nikos

I will not be paying for a mod, thank you!!

A 9900k with a 4090? Hopefully you are planning an upgrade because your 4090 is going to waste being paired with that CPU. I had a 9700K which is more or less the same as a 9900K and I upgraded to a 4080. Since upgrading to a 7800X3D my frame rate is doubled in some games.

I've been waiting to see what Intel will be offering this year. Will probably go with that.

I pretty much cap everything at 140 FPS, to stay right below my refresh rate, and it's been doing its job to maintain that. Can also take advantage of DSR in a lot of games. I do feel the CPU bottleneck in some games though.

DeaDPo0L84

However you decide to get DLSS 3.0+Frame Gen, it's an entirely different game once you start hitting 120fps at max settings no matter where you are or what you're doing.

Top Bottom