• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Other song from Kim Lip's single: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYrFwHMoBtU

Why the hell did Blockberry decide to make her the May girl?

I'd have been onboard the Loona train if they revealed Kim Lip first instead of Heejin.

But really though, this is definitely the best Loona release yet and idk how they're going to top it... the only way they can is if they have another member that's more powerful than Kim Lip and imo, KL just set the bar soooo high, it's impossible.

Still wondering whether we'll get a soft or hard break up to SNSD later this year
Prove me wrong

I think it'll be in 2018 if they ever break up... though some rumors imply that it could happen soon(meaning by the end of their contracts if they haven't renewed). The keyword that was thrown around in that rumor was this: OT9.

As for Sistar... I have to admit, I don't really know much about their music besides Loving U aka the GOAT K-Pop Summer song. Everything else they've released is just forgettable which is a shame.

Peru

'Alone' was a major k-pop classic but then they and other groups tried to copy that for years.

'My Boy' too was great.

llehuty

Chungha's debut song will feature Nucksal from SMTM6
title song will be a summer dance track
debut album will be on June 7
Yess at summer dance track. Meh at having a rap feature.

SEVENTEEN – DON’T WANNA CRY (울고 싶지 않아) (Al1 Comeback Media Showcase 170523)
This has to be the choreography of the year so far. Still not sure about Seventeen releasing as a single a Chainsmokers/emo song.

Kim Lip so good. Makes me wonder if we will ever know how was the internal evaluation that was used to rank them and decide their debut order. Also, I guess they have dropped the different countries concept already? I remember a couple of nugu videos being recorded in that same building.

SISTAR news are a bit sad, since it seems like they aren't even going to be promoting their last song, but I'm getting the feeling that all the girls are ready to move on with their individual careers, so... good for them in that regard. I hope they go out with a bang and not with an overdramatic ballad or something.

San E x Bolbbalgan 4 - mohae(모해)
Interesting collab.

Huh, didn't realise Nucksal was taking part in SMTM6. Guess the show is free exposure so why not.

Looked up some other contestants. Lots of returnees, P-Type, Junoflo, Geegooin, Hash Swan, MyunDo, Boi B. Kasper, Don Mills, Sleepy, Hanhae and Punchnello also taking part.

Nucksal is going to be the favourite though.

Bowlie

Banned
Ughh, this is okay, I guess. If You Do was GOT7's best era; that sound and style really suited them. I also really liked Just Right, but the styling was too cutesy for my taste. I'm not a big fan of their newer stuff since Hard Carry, though Flight Log: Turbulence has a few B-sides I really like.

Somehow I had forgotten about If You Do, I couldn't agree with you more.

---

Eclipse if the first Loona song that manages to grab me. Will pay attention to Kim Lip~

llehuty

Girl band debut
마르멜로 MARMELLO - PUPPET Official M/V
This is maybe a bit to cutesy, concept wise, but there is potential. I was pleasantly surprised with that guitar solo towards the end that almost goes for half a minute, a shame it doesn't occupy a more prominent part in the general mix.

[Teaser] APRIL(에이프릴) 2nd Single Album “MAYDAY” Preview
I was expecting somethin more mature sounding from the concept pics, but it still sounds good.

Somehow I had forgotten about If You Do, I couldn't agree with you more.

If You Do is peak GOT7, SO SMOOTH.

No No Eul

Nice.

So good. Also a much-needed shot in the arm for Loona's pre-debut shenanigans.

마르멜로 MARMELLO - PUPPET Official M/V
This is maybe a bit to cutesy, concept wise, but there is potential. I was pleasantly surprised with that guitar solo towards the end that almost goes for half a minute, a shame it doesn't occupy a more prominent part in the general mix.

That's a solid song for sure but the MV really isn't doing anyone any favours.

Man... Sistar was one of the groups that really got me into K-pop so it's sad to see it all come to an end but... I haven't really enjoyed much of their output over the last five years and they've all got established solo careers, more or less, so it feels like the right thing to do.

[Special Clip] Thank you, Good-bye SISTAR

Talking of changing career paths, Yoon-G has signed with Hyun Bin's agency.

RRSkNSP.jpg

mr_chun

'Alone' was a major k-pop classic but then they and other groups tried to copy that for years.

'My Boy' too was great.

'My Boy' was great. 'I Swear' is a top 5 K-pop song for me.

They were kind of a hit or miss group for me, but man when they hit, I loved it. They were one of the first girl groups that I really got into. Bora in particular got me into variety when she was on Invincible Youth. RIP.

llehuty

[MV] YEZI(예지) _ Anck Su Namum(아낙수나문)
Nation's little crazy dog going in. (At least, it seems like, I need english lyrics, LOEN pls).

Hyped about Elris debut after Sohee's fantastic solo track. The styling of the 2nd picture doesn't inspire a lot of confidence, though.

AOA’s Yuna Confirmed To Play A Chaebol In Upcoming Drama
Paging Eldren

[EXID(이엑스아이디)] 해주세요 : 낮보다는 밤(Part Switch ver.)
Includes 5 min of EXID shenanigans, just to decid ethe part switching.

[Studio Live] 예지(yezi)_아낙수나문(Anck Su Namum)

[릴레이댄스] 드림캐쳐(DREAMCATCHER)_굿나잇(GOOD NIGHT)

·feist·;237473790 said:
Is fire.

Best Loona release.

The only reason I watched all those Inkigayo episodes. Dahyun is filling in as MC this week, a good reason to watch it again.
Dahyun is a personality queen.

Not asleep, just waiting for WJSN-GAF Leader to post pics. :p

In the meantime, I'll be watching some fancams*.

*I wish they'd release some more material in the same vein as Catch Me. That song has really grown on me.
Heh. After that wall of Sohee photos and gifs a double-megapost seemed a bit much. On mobile at the moment so will have to pass for now...

Agree on wanting a return to "Catch Me." "MOMOMO" still isn't great but it grew on me enough. During their debut Exy's UPRS popularity, "Catch Me," and Cheng Xiao's scissorkick were the things that seemed to grab the most interest.

Pristin's debut is a similar approach with the two different styles of songs. Hopefully they opt to revisit "Black Widow" more than WJSN has gone back to "Catch Me."

Lisa is just the best.
Yup, but let's not forget how endearingly odd Jisoo is.

Seohyun dethroned. Seulgi struggle so good.

Pendulum

Watching the recent Twice @Weekly Idol. They said Chaeyoung needs permission from JYP before cutting her hair next. He knows what's up.

Eldren

Wannabe feat. San E, coming June 1st. Digital single only which is disappointing, early news had it pegged as a physical single album, but hopefully San E can carry her to relevancy seeing as he's so popular.

Doul

Neo Member
Watching the recent Twice @Weekly Idol. They said Chaeyoung needs permission from JYP before cutting her hair next. He knows what's up.

I was very surprised hearing it was her own decision to cut her hair. I thought that when it came to idols, this kind of thing was under strict control from the agency.

Top Bottom