• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hot Shots Golf/Everybody's Golf/Minna Golf Beta Test

Voorhees

Seriously, I'd throw some cash out for a NA code as well. I've put more hours into Hot Shots than I care to admit. So many nights with three friends, beers, and a dollar a hole.

OSHAN

Surprisingly got a code. I never get into this shit. And I love Hot Shots--what are the chances? Check your promotions tab if you haven't already (gmail users); that's where mine went.

Was there even an NA sign up? Played Out of Bounds, Open Tee 2, and World Invitational a ton--and preordered the new game--and I didn't get anything.

Of course, I don't get any promotional emails from Sony (just the store purchase confirmations) even though I have all of those options checked. I think I need to talk with support to make sure I'm on their lists.

neilyadig

For everyone asking - no, there was no signup link for the US/NA closed beta. You did not miss anything. There were only signup links for JP and EU.

This is what the official PS blog posted about the US/NA beta:
And before we sign off, we wanted to share some exciting news for our most eager fans! We will be conducting a Closed Online Test which starts toward the end of May. We will send details to eligible players soon, so make sure to check your email!

Source: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/04/20/everybodys-golf-coming-to-ps4-on-august-29/

There's no information on who is eligible or how to become eligible. It looks like pre-ordering has no impact on whether or not a player is eligible.

shandy706

There's no information on who is eligible or how to become eligible. It looks like pre-ordering has no impact on whether or not a player is eligible.

:(

You would think that those of us that poured tons of hours into the last game would get something. Toss us a bone here.

Dr. A

For everyone asking - no, there was no signup link for the US/NA closed beta. You did not miss anything. There were only signup links for JP and EU.

Source: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/04/20/everybodys-golf-coming-to-ps4-on-august-29/

Ah well, hope those who were lucky get a code have fun and tell us all about it!

Setzer

:(

You would think that those of us that poured tons of hours into the last game would get something. Toss us a bone here.

I'm pissed there was no sign-up for NA players. They're just going to randomly toss out invites to people who may or may not like golf?!

Poppyseed

Favorite sports franchise of all time. Started with my Mario Golf obsession on Gameboy Color. Hope this game kicks ass since I preordered it already. 😁

krae_man

I just remembered I have two 12 hours shifts Friday and Saturday :(

I guess I'll have to play as much as I can Friday and Saturday night.

maxte

Wow I didn't know there was going to be a beta for NA :(

I would really appreciate if anyone donates a spare code to me (or to anyone here asking for one). Hot shots is one of my favorite franchises.

PSFore

Neo Member
Does anyone's Japanese beta code they got a few weeks ago work yet? Still doesn't work yet on my Japanese account- supposed to allow you to download it on the 25th- which it is already in Japan. Ok, I am panicking a little early lol.

PSFore

Neo Member
Maybe I should have waited until tomorrow to see if they send out any hong kong or europe codes since you might be able to play that version in english. Oh well, Ill give out those codes to someone if I get it.

krae_man

The code works now- Im downloading it.

They just updated the Japanese hot shots site with quite a bit of info on the beta- definitely want to translate it:

http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/newmingol/playersinfo/

Humm:

Activity:

Fishing, golf carts, and swimming will be unlocked as players progress through the game in the retail version. The further you go, the more fun you can have on the open courses.

Course:

Only Eagle City OUT 9H is available in the COT version, but the retail version offers many more courses! More courses will be added in future updates.

Kind of disappointed we only have access to 9 holes of one course, but that's more then has been playable at trade shows.

Also Swimming?

Online Modes:

The online elements available in the COT version aren't all you can get in the retails version. Matching type mode and international tournaments are planned to be added.

Interested to see what the online stuff is. Tournaments? Dailies? Both?

Looks like details of what's in the beta is available here:

http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/newmingol/playersinfo/2017/05/cot003.html

PSFore

Neo Member
It's a little disappointing but wasn't really expecting a lot for a 3 day beta. Not like gran turismo sport which has been going on forever.

Oh man why they do that to us na folks?.If anyone has a spare na code or isnt gonna use their code can you please hook me up id appreciate it alot.

Top Bottom