• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC GAF |OT| We get around in a hole in the ground

Vyse24

Joe's Pizza is the best Pizza ever, anyone agree? If not then what?

Gotta say L&Bs. Speaking of, last month the Cyclones did a pizza night where they ran a tournament on who had the best pizza in all of Brooklyn. Results:
oYwBiha.jpg

Given the reputation, I honestly would've thought Di Fara would win.

Fuchsdh

Walking around Battery Park killing time until my movie, and I notice there is a line of people. Waiting to get on a moored boat. And drink. On a Wednesday at 7PM.

Jesus money is wasted on the rich.

The best pizza is usually whatever is closest.

There's a place by Pratt called Luigi's that I really like. There's a place a few blocks away from it named Mario's, I always thought it was kinda funny that it wasn't as good.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Gotta say L&Bs. Speaking of, last month the Cyclones did a pizza night where they ran a tournament on who had the best pizza in all of Brooklyn. Results:
oYwBiha.jpg

Di Fara vs Grimaldi's is having the final match before the final. The winner there is likely going to win the whole thing.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Another day, another delay:

nBDl5bJ.jpg

Debris on the tracks at the 50th Street IRT station crippled the 1, 2, and 3 lines this morning, with delays spilling over onto the 4 and 5 lines as the MTA rerouted trains. For people trying to get downtown, this was not a fun morning, particularly at 168th Street, which is prone to overcrowding.

Z6ig6oQ.jpg

There were also delays on the M line due to a train with mechanical problems at Essex Street, the MTA announced via Twitter around 7:20 a.m. Meanwhile, in Queens, switch problems at Queensboro Plaza caused delays on the N, Q, and W lines.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
oYwBiha.jpg

Di Fara's was robbed.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Grimaldi's is more consistent than Di Fara, so I can see how people can be tilted. Also, Di Fara's squares > slices.

GiJoccin

Grimaldi's is more consistent than Di Fara, so I can see how people can be tilted. Also, Di Fara's squares > slices.

From my perspective, Grimaldi's is a tourist trap. I don't understand why they're lauded as having the best pizza. Also I've been to di fara twice and haven't been impressed either time. The first time half my pie was raw, the other half blasted. I could tell he used good ingredients, but the lack of consistency is pretty bad.

Sure, both places are better than the majority of pies you can find. L and b is fantastic, but it's not typical NY pizza.

Luigi's on 5th Ave and 19thish in Brooklyn and Louie and Ernie in the Bronx have my favorite slices right now, with Louie and Ernie edging out Luigi's. I'm also a big fan of Paulie gees but that's not typical NY street slice pizza either

TimmmV

Just wanted to say thanks to all the people that recommended the Alamo as a cinema - that place is fantastic and left me very jealous that there isn't something like that back home! My GF and I enjoyed it so much that we even squeezed a 2nd film into the end of the holiday so we could go back again

Glad you enjoyed it.

Speaking of, bit of a shot in the dark here but Sunday night the film "Zardoz" is screening at Alamo @ 9:30. It's one of those "so bad it's good" surreal 70's movies. There is a "How did this get made" on it and I want to go. All my friends are busy/out of town/don't want to stay out that late on a work night. If anyone loves those kinds of movies and wants to go SPEAK UP.

I've seen it btw so I know it's amazing. If you need any other motivation...

65XqkRI.jpg

sinonobu

Banned
Does anyone know good italian place near Union Square?

I've went to Vapiano the other day, thought it was okay, but want to know if there's a better option

hoggert

Ribalta is just pizza, but I always liked the food there.

Il Cantinori, Arte, and Gene's are good. Never been to any of them enough times to really recommend them. If you don't mind going further west, Da Andrea or Gradisca are great.

Disclaimer though, while I lived down there for years, I haven't been to any of those places in 5-6 years so they might've gone to shit.

dickroach

I'd go there to play some Rocket League

also anyone wanna start a movie club? i've been going to movies liek a motherfucker cuz of moviepass

Shanlei91

That could be the answer for GAF D&D night. Just play Divinity: Original Sin 2's Dungeon Master mode.

Alternatively we all gather crap laptops, install Neverwinter Nights on them and find a public atrium.

Jhoan

I love the summer weather. Will miss it once it gets colder because it means I won't get to chill at Plaza de Las Americas and sketch people in public. Also you duders need to get back on Discord.

Totakeke

Sadly I'm moving out of NYC in a month due to work. Currently looking for someone to take over my room in a two bedroom apartment in midtown. Location can't be beat, it's at 7th ave and near herald square. Walking to penn station and taking the LIRR to JFK makes flying so much better. Apartment is pretty quiet too. Definitely will miss the place.

If anyone knows anyone that is looking to rent please let me know. My rent is $1750 per month.

Shanlei91

Sadly I'm moving out of NYC in a month due to work. Currently looking for someone to take over my room in a two bedroom apartment in midtown. Location can't be beat, it's at 7th ave and near herald square. Walking to penn station and taking the LIRR to JFK makes flying so much better. Apartment is pretty quiet too. Definitely will miss the place.

If anyone knows anyone that is looking to rent please let me know. My rent is $1750 per month.

How big is it, on a scale between the wardrobe from the Lion the Witch & the Wardrobe and "under the stairs where Harry Potter grew up"?

Fuchsdh

Come to the "hood" and cheap rent can be yours as well! Better hurry though, the hipsters are invading in preparation for the L shitshow that will visit upon us.

Mully

What’s everyone’s take on the NY Constitutional Convention Vote? I’m in support of a Constitutional Convention, but I see the, “Vote-No,” bumper stickers on a lot of cars in Long Island.

Fuchsdh

What’s everyone’s take on the NY Constitutional Convention Vote? I’m in support of a Constitutional Convention, but I see the, “Vote-No,” bumper stickers on a lot of cars in Long Island.

If people in Long Island are against it, it's probably good evidence that it's a good idea.

Seriously, I don't see how you could argue that a convention shouldn't be held unless your opinion is there's no area for potential reform in the entire state government.

Top Bottom