• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmario

word of warning for those that don't read the emails

Please note that due to peak season manufacturing at Sony, NeuroVoider is still in the initial stages of manufacturing. We expect to ship NeuroVoider in mid or late August. Drive! Drive! Drive! is ready to ship immediately (but any orders containing NeuroVoider will not ship until both games are ready).

emb

Forgot to do research despite constant reminders, kinda panicked deciding what to get at the last minute. Grabbed NV, but skipped DDD. Clicked around the trailers, went with my gut. Tough calls though, both look (without having any prior knowledge) like they could be really good or kinda mediocre.

hawk2025

I wish it was Absolute Drift (love that one) instead of Drive Drive Drive, but I still want to give it a shot for originality alone.

Semoreh

Bought both. Neurovoider because I think I'll like it ; Drive!Drive!Drive! because why not...

I wonder when I'll be able to release my held shipments. Two games (Jotun and Neurovoider) are blocking the whole thing now. I want my Furiiiii :D

word of warning for those that don't read the emails
I didn't notice this in the e-mails, but no big deal - I'm in no rush. I actually panicked a few weeks ago thinking I somehow missed DDD, just because the announcement was so long ago. Obviously I didn't miss it though. :p

Edit:

Uugghhh did we know that Neuro isn't ready for shipment ahead of today?
The first mention I can find is from today's e-mail, which I received five minutes after placing my order. Come on, LRG, LOL! Doesn't matter to me because I'm in no rush, but yeah, LRG needs to communicate this stuff better.

I didn't notice this in the e-mails, but no big deal - I'm in no rush. I actually panicked a few weeks ago thinking I somehow missed DDD, just because the announcement was so long ago. Obviously I didn't miss it though. :p

Edit:

The first mention I can find is from today's e-mail, which I received five minutes after placing my order. Come on, LRG, LOL! Doesn't matter to me because I'm in no rush, but yeah, LRG needs to communicate this stuff better.

We didn't know it would be delayed that bad until this morning...

It wasn't supposed to be delayed.

We didn't know it would be delayed that bad until this morning...

It wasn't supposed to be delayed.
I'm in no rush, so it wouldn't have affected my decision to order.

Still, getting the e-mail five minutes late is weird. Other times, I get them 10 minutes early. There's no rhyme or reason.

When did everyone else get the e-mail? (Subject: NeuroVoider and Drive - ON SALE NOW!) I got mine at 10:05 a.m. EST.

Depending on when LRG sent these out, I'm wondering if it's an issue with my e-mail?

Not a big deal to me either way - I'm just more curious than anything else.

So its confirmed the LRG LE won't have a soundtrack? I'm gonna get the Asian one if so. All my other Ys LEs come with soundtracks.

How do you order from heavy arms?

Semoreh

To order from heavyarm you've got to send them a mail with the game you want and the number of copies. They'll come back at you.

As for the mail, I got it before today's sale too. I know, because it reminded me of it ^^

hawk2025

It would be pretty ironic if LRG, after releasing soundtracks for most games, skips out on Ys, of all games!

This is like, THE series to release a soundtrack for!

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Well dang, I gotta say, the Asian Ys Origin is really nice. I can't wait to see LRG's... I certainly don't need another copy of the Origin soundtrack on CD, personally (I'm a lunatic VGM soundtrack collector), so if it's more aesthetically pleasing it'll be LRG for me.

Pretty amusing LRG is ending up with the only physical Vita Rabi-Ribi, isn't it? ;) Sweet vindication.

The other game on the 25th -has- to be Rogue Legacy, based on the Steam numbers. For once it's a game I actually do have access to in the JP region--it was localized for Japan--but I dig it so much I gotta have it.

Whew. Just one more week until this game is fully localized and -done-. After that I'm working on Fata stuff, and I'm sure Doug won't mind me saying this--some special edition package design concepts for LRG. That'll be fun \\\\٩( 'ω' )و ////

I'm really uhm-ing and ahh-ing about which version of Ys Origins I want. Don't want any of the LE stuff, just after a plain vanilla copy. LRG's version releases first but... I already have a cheapo order of Origin in on Play-Asia that would probably cost me less than LRG's version.

... but equally, I could just stick it in my hold shipment box and then get it shipped out with everything else, and I'm probably already gonna be buying whatever releases on the same day if it's a Japanese game on Vita lol.

i-Jest

Well dang, I gotta say, the Asian Ys Origin is really nice. I can't wait to see LRG's... I certainly don't need another copy of the Origin soundtrack on CD, personally (I'm a lunatic VGM soundtrack collector), so if it's more aesthetically pleasing it'll be LRG for me.

Pretty amusing LRG is ending up with the only physical Vita Rabi-Ribi, isn't it? ;) Sweet vindication.

The other game on the 25th -has- to be Rogue Legacy, based on the Steam numbers. For once it's a game I actually do have access to in the JP region--it was localized for Japan--but I dig it so much I gotta have it.

Whew. Just one more week until this game is fully localized and -done-. After that I'm working on Fata stuff, and I'm sure Doug won't mind me saying this--some special edition package design concepts for LRG. That'll be fun \\٩( 'ω' )و ////

God bless you and godspeed Spider-Man.

Dang. I bought another copy of Furi over the week in pursuit of replacing a faintly damaged insert that came with mine and it would appear that it's a little spread out fault. I inquired with LRG about the possibility of receiving a replacement prior to the purchase, but I was informed that all units had been sold and they don't have any potential resources to draw from as a consequence. Despite being told that I could check back in a few months to see whether any extras had been re-printed, I opted to bite the bullet with a re-purchase to circumnavigate any further jacked prices down the line on the second hand market. Turns out it had the same problem with the insert cover having a 'pinched' crease in the lower left-hand center and a few bends on the backside.

Thankfully, it isn't anything earth-shattering when looking at the big picture of preservation, but I guess I'll have to live with one of my few most anticipated releases coming up short in the pristine department as a collector. Overall, the second copy was faintly better as my insert actually had a hole in the crease and I discovered my trading card just had half the gloss finishing that was intended.

Drive Drive Drive 28%, NeuroVoider PS4 6%
Both titles have finally sold out. Another successful run.

Does anyone's tracking still say "status not available"?
If you're referring to the Furi and Dariusburst Vita shipments, I think all of the tracking information has been suffering from a heavy delay. Received my physical pressing of Furi about a week ago on the East Coast and the UPS data didn't reflect the actual movement until sometime well after it had already arrived.

Has LRG got a switch license yet?
Unless I'm mistaken, LRG suggested that it probably won't be until sometime next year that they might start tackling Switch games. Nintendo has been making matters difficult by taking their time to address indie developer applications and LRG doesn't seem like a major priority in the early running when they're just going to release physical copies of digital titles already on the system.

blacksark

Whew. Just one more week until this game is fully localized and -done-. After that I'm working on Fata stuff, and I'm sure Doug won't mind me saying this--some special edition package design concepts for LRG. That'll be fun \\\\٩( 'ω' )و ////

OMG OMG. It's incredible this happened, we didn't have it on vita and we are going to have it physically, with every content of the jp version and a special edition. Couldn't be happier and can't wait to play it, thanks for all your help on this one aokage and all parts involved. The first copy will be mine hahaha.

Semoreh

I'm starting to be a little worried too about my shipment that was paid on the 6th of June, shipped on the 27th of June, never heard of since (Mutant Mudds + Risk of Rain + Deemo + Broken Age).
That Asendia "tracking" doesn't help since it doesn't track anything.

Bah, it'll probably arrive eventually. Eventually ^^

Moofers

Looking forward to hearing about Momodora getting a release date as well as Night Trap. I wonder how far off Night Trap is now? I'm expecting to hear something any day...

I'm trying to decide if i should consider going in on Wonder Boy or if I should hold out for a potential Phantom Breaker release (the reason I got into LRG in the first place). Money is tight right now.

Ventara

I'm trying to decide if i should consider going in on Wonder Boy or if I should hold out for a potential Phantom Breaker release (the reason I got into LRG in the first place). Money is tight right now.

It definitely seems likely that Phantom Breaker is gonna happen (though not soon), so if you buying Wonder Boy is gonna eat into the money to get Phantom Breaker, I'd pass on Wonder Boy.

i-Jest

It definitely seems likely that Phantom Breaker is gonna happen (though not soon), so if you buying Wonder Boy is gonna eat into the money to get Phantom Breaker, I'd pass on Wonder Boy.

If you're questioning whether or not to get it, you might as well forgo Wonder Boy. It's probably going to be one of the more expensive LRG resale releases but if money is tight, it's best to say no. Wait for Phantom Breaker.

I'm gonna skip Wonder Boy since I'm in for Plague Road. YS Origin is coming soon, so I'm prepping for that too. Cosmic Star Heroine can be announced at any moment. At this point, I'm only getting releases I absolutely want.

Clive

The way I see it is that you can buy Wonder Boy later on from Asia in English on disc for your region free PS4. It's getting an unlimited print there. If money is tight now then Wonder Boy will be $30-40 for a long time from for example Play-Asia, almost guaranteed.

Maybe the box art will have both English and Chinese, the serial number won't be the same and you won't get a trading card but you will be able to get it on disc in English. Too me that's what's important at least.

I feel a bit rude promoting a "competitor" in this thread but that's how I feel and how I would react if I was short on cash and there was another release I really really cared about that I needed to prioritize.

PadPoet

505 Games Ltd
Quick question for the UK folks that ordered STRAFE (PS4) Exclusive variant.

I haven't received this while later orders have been received fine. I believe this game was shipped via MyHermes and got lost.

Has anyone else received their STRAFE (PS4) from LRG in the UK and if so do you remember if the courier was MyHermes for this? Usually it's Royal Mail.

Thanks

Maybe the box art will have both English and Chinese, the serial number won't be the same and you won't get a trading card but you will be able to get it on disc in English. Too me that's what's important at least.

I would add to that a manual. That's enough to get me to cancel my P-A order in favour of LRG. Of course don't forget DLC as another consideration point (though in this case it shouldn't be a problem).

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess that time is the deciding factor. If a potential PB is that far off, it's more likely that the money will be there when it happens. Less likely the case if we're talking about a surprise announcement and a date that's 30 - 60 days from now.

I just checked PA and the Wonder Boy release is actually pretty soon. If we are talking about a high print run, I would prefer the LRG release and then fall back on what's being offered from PA.

Get Wonder Boy and then flip it for a profit to fund PB and more.
It's an attractive option, but nah. It would sit on the shelf next to Gravity Rush Remaster and Pirates Curse as a high priced oddity until I'm ready to buy a PS5 or Xbox Oneeightysix, or a second hand SNES mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom