• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 5 Trailers: Feb 27, full 2 player co-op, custom lead, map editor, more info

AudioEppa

That trailer felt like a GTA V story DLC announcement.

Hopefully I'm still interested by February lol.. Tbh talking about this game could have waited until later in the year. I feel like now there's going to be too much footage released to keep people hyped.

Looks awesome, exactly what I was hoping for so far.

Lets hope:

1. Its huge, GTA5 felt small when you flew a fast plane, lets hope their is more wilderness here to actually enjoy flying around.

2. The vehicle controls get a full rework, Far Cry vehcials SUCK.

3. The protagonist keeps his/her mouth shut, I hate voiced protagonist, keep us silent.

4. The story is decent but stays out of the way of the gameplay, nothing worse than constant cut scenes interrupting the action. 100% commit to the Half Life model of no cutscenes

Ew.

Griss

Not a great trailer. Still not feeling it and won't until I see how they're able to implement the typical Far Cry world full of hills and towers etc.

Set up seems far less interesting than Vas or Pagan Min, both of whom were immediately engaging from the first trailer.

MikeBison

I expect to get a gameplay segment at Ubi's E3 conference. Perhaps at one of the other 2 conferences as well.
Colour me excited though. Shame about the 2018 release.

Not a fan of the setting, it is way to similar to FC 4. This game was made for the beach I want the beachhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Also, getting sick of the same old thing reskinned to a different setting

What lol

So you complain about the same setting then want a same setting from 1 and 3, then turn around to say you are sick of the same thing just reskinned.

Plum

I hope the gameplay is different enough to meet the really interesting change in setting and player character. If this is just another Primal (i.e. an awesome setting with 2012 gameplay) then this will definitely be going on the "wait for a deal" pile.

Screenshots:

FC5_Announce_Fishing_1495742792.jpg

GFH_1080p_ESRB_GOLD_1495792039.jpg

FC5_Announce_Vista_1495742794.jpg

FC5_Announce_Plane_1495742793.jpg

FC5_Announce_Bull_1495742790.jpg

First screen is ok. The rest looks rough and LQ.

Kiddin' right? Game looks sweet!

jacobeid

Banned
How much is this going to piss Trump country off? Can't wait to curb these radical Christian terrorists.

It's Far Cry so I'm sure I'll enjoy the game for what it is.

Kikorin

Can't wait for the fake gameplay reveal trailer at E3 and the inevitabile topics about the downgrade close to the release.

I wish publishers stop announcing games so early, almost 1 year to release date is too much. Also, trailer looks boring, hope gameplay will be better.

So in Far Cry games you're normally in a lawless country/environment, embroiled in some kind of conflict where running around shooting people could be understandable. I'm not sure I can see myself buying that scenario in modern day USA, unless they frame it around the backdrop of a civil war or something?

Yeah, I'm a little confused as to how a town in Montana can be taken over by a religious terrorist group and not have the government come down on them.

KAOz

Short bus special
Cant watch trailers nor have time to read up.

Does anyone know if there is fullfledged coop again?

That was awesome. Totally sold on the characters and direction.

I love Far Cry 3, 4 and Blood Dragon. One of the few Ubisoft series I enjoy. Pretty sure I'm gonna need to get this one.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I wish publishers stop announcing games so early, almost 1 year to release date is too much. Also, trailer looks boring, hope gameplay will be better.

An announcement 9 months before release is actually pretty late by modern standards.

People are mentioning RDR2 as if that release window is set in stone. Look at how easily they moved it to Spring 2018 and April at the earliest. It can just as easily be moved to Fall 2018 and i am already expecting it, hope not though. FC5 will be fine.

Wish it was Fall this year though but i guess that is for AC and Crew 2 then.

Gurish

A big visual upgrade, cool to see how games are looking better and better compared to the first year or two of this gen, but the trailer wasn't all that great outside the visuals.

Looks nice and fucking finally we've got planes in a Far Cry game.

Yeah this excites me. My guess is the reason they have those old WW2 planes is because they might have seized a war plane museum or something? There's one in Galveston here in Texas with a handful of them that still fly.

The crop dusters and prop planes with the water landing gear are self explanatory.

Hyped!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Looks like crap even in the heavily doctored shots. Not very impressed with the asset quality. Sure doesn't seem like Ubi Soft is putting much weight behind this.

erawsd

It's seemingly about a violent Christian cult running a small town in modern USA, that's gonna piss people off. Thankfully the kind of people that would be offended by this are probably total bellends, so who cares.

It wont, they aren't calling this a christian cult, they've branded it something else. The real christian is the pastor whose gonna help you blow them away.

Top Bottom