• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neo Geo games coming to Nintendo Switch

wait, which are on the US shop? always down for Shock Troopers!

Nothing on US shop yet. No word when anything is coming. We sit. We wait. We hope.

I have no idea how to do that :(

Going off memory so bear with me. On the home screen there are the little buttons at the bottom. Go in the controller/joycon button (second or third from the right, I think)

In that menu there is an option to configure/setup the joycons? Select that.

This will allow you to configure the joycons in a few ways. You want the one that treats one of them as "player one" and one of them as "player two".

e: got distracted and sniped by the gentlemen's crocodile.

Got a Pro Controller yesterday, (make sure you set it to be the primary controller in the home menu first otherwise it won't work) played about three levels of Metal Slug 3 with it, felt really good both with the Dpad and left stick.

I mentioned a day or two ago that my left joycon was raised slightly from the back of the Switch compared to
the right joycon, which is perfectly flush.

I tried attaching it several times at work today and eventually measured it, and I think the track might be slightly off-- it's a gradual decline in height from the top of the Switch to bottom. Tested out a second pair of joycons, same issue.

It doesn't really matter and everything works fine, and I will rarely use it without the pro con, but I'll be damned if I don't instantly go to feel it every time I pick the thing up-- it's noticeable right where your fingers might naturally sit at the back, so of course I've been obsessing over it.

Got a Pro Controller yesterday, (make sure you set it to be the primary controller in the home menu otherwise it don't work) played about three levels of Metal Slug 3 with it, felt really good both with the Dpad and left stick.

I didn't even know there was a primary controller setting. I just pulled it out of the box, made sure it charged fully, and hit a face button and I was instantly connected.

I didn't even know there was a primary controller setting. I just pulled it out of the box, made sure it charged fully, and hit a face button and I was instantly connected.

Yeah, the game wouldn't see the Pro controller until I set it to be primary. I'm thinking it might have been because I recently played Bomberman multiplayer with friends using the joycons detached and maybe that defaulted them to be 1&2?

wait, which are on the US shop? always down for Shock Troopers!

Why bother waiting for the U.S. shop when you can just get them now using the Japanese store? Take advantage of that region free goodness we waited so long for.

Why bother waiting for the U.S. shop when you can just get them now using the Japanese store? Take advantage of that region free goodness we waited so long for.

I know you were asking the other dude, but for me, I'm the type that amasses a lot of games on a platform slowly over time (particularly when sales hit) because I like having easy access to them. The operating word there being easy. Having as much of that library housed under the same account/region as possible is convenient. Makes things easier to find.

If it becomes clear the game is never coming here or whatever, then sure, no big deal. I'll grab it from another region. Crazy glad the option is there. I'm fine with waiting though. I've played a lot of Metal Slug 3 in my life. I can go a couple weeks without it on my weird hybrid handheld-tablet thingy.

Coda

Glad the color and audio issues will be resolved. Do they also know about the rapid fire delay with Metal Slug 3?

I know you were asking the other dude, but for me, I'm the type that amasses a lot of games on a platform slowly over time (particularly when sales hit) because I like having easy access to them. The operating word there being easy. Having as much of that library housed under the same account/region as possible is convenient. Makes things easier to find.

If it becomes clear the game is never coming here or whatever, then sure, no big deal. I'll grab it from another region. Crazy glad the option is there. I'm fine with waiting though. I've played a lot of Metal Slug 3 in my life. I can go a couple weeks without it on my weird hybrid handheld-tablet thingy.

I was also thinking about downloading under my U.S. account using the method in the aforementioned post but I didn't really see the point as long as I already have a Japanese account under my own info and everything shows up on the same home screen anyways. Plus I like the idea of having my import downloads specific to my Japanese account and who knows, maybe in the future Nintendo will do something weird where import downloads can't be transferred if they were purchased with a U.S. account, you never knows. And I'm sick and tired of NOA's slow trickle on the U.S. shop, I'm not going to put up with that anymore if I don't have to.

and who knows, maybe in the future Nintendo will do something weird where import downloads can't be transferred if they were purchase with a U.S. account

Bingo. My concern with that method is that some dumb technical detail causes problems. Say the US and EU version technically hash to the same ID, even though maybe they are slightly different (different localizations/language options, etc..) Say buying one prevents you from buying the other because it shows your account "already owns it", stuff like that. And no way in hell Nintendo is going to bother fixing that sort of bug. That is about as low on a priority list as it gets.

TheMink

Nintendo needs to go all in on VC. I will by all N64 GBA SNES GC games for a hearty sum to play it on this wonderful system.

HyperHip

So I finally got a Switch pro controller today, and decided to boot up WW7/WHP. This d-pad is a legit nightmare to play on due to how sensitive it is. I've been getting constant up inputs during my charge motions making Janne almost unplayable. Has anyone else been having this problem??

GDGF

Soothsayer
Nam-1975, KoF98, Waku Waku 7, Metal Slug 3, and Shocktroopers should be up in less than two hours.

Good stuff! Never played Nam 1975 but seeing it in EGM or Gamepro back in the day made me really want a Neo Geo. I love a good arcade shoot-em-up.

deadfolk

Good stuff! Never played Nam 1975 but seeing it in EGM or Gamepro back in the day made me really want a Neo Geo. I love a good arcade shoot-em-up.

I bought a Neo Geo back in the day purely to play Nam 1975. And today, I'm hesitating over €6.99 for a portable version on a device smaller than the original game cart.

What has happened to me?

Bog

Junior Ace

For me, I tried 4 credit cards and none worked in the JP eshop. And loading money via JP eshop cards means there will always be some left in the account. You'll never zero it out.

So waiting a week was a pretty simple decision?

Teknoman

I have a CMVS with the actual cart...still bought Metal Slug 3 🤔

Smart decision I'm sure lol. Went in for Waku as well since I'm sure the actual cart is pricey now and it looks interesting.

Top Bottom