• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some details about the next assassins creed title.

flkraven

I guess I'll take the road less travelled and say I believe the OP and his source. Why would some random guy with poor english skills lie to a complete stranger about the next assassin's creed? Why would he conveniently have a clip on his notebook? Why would the op risk his NeoGAF thread creating privs just to make this thread?

Occam's razor dictates that this is information is probably true.

FourMyle

So i was on a flight earlier today and playing liberation on my vita when the guy sitting next to me asked me what i thought about the game. I said it was pretty good to which he said that i will probably love the next one too. I told him that i already played black flag to which he smiled at me and said the one after that. Turns out that the guy was someone close to the series (dev/pr) and although he didn't disclose what exactly his position was, he did give me a fair bit of info on the upcoming title. My day was literally made when towards the end of our conversation he showed me a short clip about the game on his ipad. Mind you the guy was a not a native english speaker so there might be some errors in what he meant and i what i am posting here.

set in paris and england (london?)

main characters name is arno/harno something. will be heading the french divison of assassins.

looks to be set after the ezio period, character had handgun.

looks like victorian era judging by the way npc dressed, architecture, horse carriages parked on the streets.

Villa management is back. MC has his own villa (guy says its ezio's villa from AC:B). dunno if it makes any sense geographically or it might be a mistranslation.

codename is AC:unity. Not final title, might be battle/fight something (cant remember). The AC logo is cut in the middle like the beyond/quantum break logo.

MC has a blue suit with a tinge of red in the clip(might change). looked similar to the ones worn by the Knights in order 1886.

from the clip it looks like a cross gen title. Although the guy tells me its next gen only title.

Visually looked quiet decent but it was ver early footage. Had fantastic draw distance and crowd density was much higher than the older games despite them appearing/disappearing from thin air.

Thats all for now. I'll post if i remember anything more.

this happened

remember how AC IV leaked ? some pr guy was doing marketing slides in the plane and a gaffer reported here... Maybe the same guy ! leaking ac in planes since 2007

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Not sure if fake or not, because I distinctively remember Black Flag being leaked the same way. Except the woman looking at ACIV, didn't speak to the person who then posted it everywhere.

injurai

Banned
Still think French Revolution would have been cool. I even made a fake GI cover for it.
Oh well.
12914940474_d5908922ef_h.jpg

Whoa, that's awesome.

Did you also make the art? That clothing design is far beyond anything they have done since Ezio's aesthetic.

Xater

I guess I'll take the road less travelled and say I believe the OP and his source. Why would some random guy with poor english skills lie to a complete stranger about the next assassin's creed? Why would he conveniently have a clip on his notebook? Why would the op risk his NeoGAF thread creating privs just to make this thread?

Occam's razor dictates that this is information is probably true.

His 15 minutes of fame.

Telling random dudes on planes stuff about games in hope they post on gaf is some next level viral marketing.

And he knew he had a 1 in 2 shot that the guy was a gaffer because he not only owned a vita, not only played the vita, but played a vita in public. That's got to be a small demographic of the populace

noobasuar

Banned
I believe it.

I doubt anyone at Ubi cares about the game being a secret considering there's been like 7 games already and they are all basically the same garbage with a new skin every year.

DieH@rd

Banned
So i was on a flight earlier today and playing liberation on my vita when the guy sitting next to me asked me what i thought about the game. I said it was pretty good to which he said that i will probably love the next one too. I told him that i already played black flag to which he smiled at me and said the one after that. Turns out that the guy was someone close to the series (dev/pr) and although he didn't disclose what exactly his position was, he did give me a fair bit of info on the upcoming title. My day was literally made when towards the end of our conversation he showed me a short clip about the game on his ipad. Mind you the guy was a not a native english speaker so there might be some errors in what he meant and i what i am posting here.

set in paris and england (london?)

main characters name is arno/harno something. will be heading the french divison of assassins.

looks to be set after the ezio period, character had handgun.

looks like victorian era judging by the way npc dressed, architecture, horse carriages parked on the streets.

Villa management is back. MC has his own villa (guy says its ezio's villa from AC:B). dunno if it makes any sense geographically or it might be a mistranslation.

codename is AC:unity. Not final title, might be battle/fight something (cant remember). The AC logo is cut in the middle like the beyond/quantum break logo.

MC has a blue suit with a tinge of red in the clip(might change). looked similar to the ones worn by the Knights in order 1886.

from the clip it looks like a cross gen title. Although the guy tells me its next gen only title.

Visually looked quiet decent but it was ver early footage. Had fantastic draw distance and crowd density was much higher than the older games despite them appearing/disappearing from thin air.

Thats all for now. I'll post if i remember anything more.

No matter what happens, you are getting a new tag in a month or two when Ubi announces next AC. :D

BTW, I kinda expected French Revolution to be a home of next AC game. Very safe bet for Ubi.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It's not like this is some earth shattering news. It's about as unexpected as COD featuring 2 new weapons and tweaks to other features.

This is legit - 4 player co-op seems to be a focus as well. Set in France during the French Revolution. "Next-Gen" only as Ubisoft has a Xbox 360/PS3 only AC game in the works as well.

http://www.examiner.com/article/rumor-next-assasin-s-creed-code-names-unity-offers-4-player-co-op

I'm loving everything I'm reading except ditching multiplayer for co-op. I like my AC campaigns to be played solo and I really like the multiplayer. I hope they don't get rid of it.

This is legit - 4 player co-op seems to be a focus as well. Set in France during the French Revolution. "Next-Gen" only as Ubisoft has a Xbox 360/PS3 only AC game in the works as well.

http://www.examiner.com/article/rumor-next-assasin-s-creed-code-names-unity-offers-4-player-co-op

They're also right on the ac:comet game. That title is ps3/360 only. They also have another game made by a third party studio. When i heard the studios name i thought to myself, no way is this real. Its like squarenix giving grin final fantasy.

Wasp

The only bad thing about the game being set during the French Revolution is there would be no Eiffel Tower, which wasn't built until 100 years later.

Alx

French revolution would be boring, actually. If it is set in Paris and London, I would rather bet on XVIIth century, with Musketeers and English revolution, maybe inspired by the work of Dumas.

nynt9

You guys realize that this is probably a legit leak dressed up as a silly farfetched story to hide the information of the leaker, right?

Epcott

Heh as someone else mentioned, this reminds me of that time last year when a poster saw AC Black Flags logo on someone laptop on a plane (which lead to a speculation thread).

If true I'll be a little disappointed, was really looking forward to Egypt.

I'll also be excited, as I would love to see the return to a vast urban environment like Italy. Plus, no doubt Ubi will put forth their best effort with a French location ;)

Yay for no cross-gen.

Top Bottom