• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some details about the next assassins creed title.

'Leaked' press release from a few days back

Assassin’s Creed V, Press? (en-press-ubisoftgroup-assassinscreedv)
PUB::04MAR[03]2014//1600en-press-ubisoftgroup
Ubisoft® Uncloak An All-New Era With Assassin’s Creed® V Paris, France - 04 Mar 2014
Today, Ubisoft announced Assassin’s Creed® V, the next major release in the award winning, best-selling franchise. Assassin’s Creed V serves as the introduction to an all new hero, setting and gameplay mechanics as the Assassin’s Creed franchise hits a new era.
Assassin’s Creed V has been in the development cycle for almost three years, at Ubisoft Montreal and Ubisoft Toronto with development support from Ubisoft studios at Annecy, Quebec and Montpellier. Assassin’s Creed V will release on the PlayStation®4 from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. The game will release worldwide on November 4, 2014.
In the events of the ongoing Industrial Revolution, Assassin’s Creed V follows the story of Samuel Fey, as he enters the Assassin Order in a time of change and Templar rule. Fey is a successful and respectful entrepreneur, who works outside the corrupt law to guarantee the security of his own and others’ futures. Taking place during the closing years of the Industrial Revolution in Victorian London, players will explore all new locales as they uncover the truth behind the hidden ongoing rebellion.
Assassin’s Creed V is the turning point for the franchise, featuring completely revised stealth and combat mechanics, powered by the next-generation Ubisoft AnvilX engine and all-new gameplay features and systems. While Assassin’s Creed acts as Ubisoft’s rescope for the franchise, it maintains the key touch points that the series is built upon.
Assassin’s Creed V can be pre-ordered at UBIShop® by visiting: http://shop.ubi.com/AC5
Limited, Collectors and Special Editions will be available after further information is uncovered in the coming weeks. For more details and information on Assassin’s Creed and Assassin’s Creed V, please visit: assassinscreed.com and facebook.com/assassinscreed.
©2014 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Assassin’s Creed, Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries.
“PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Kinect, Windows, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft.

Edit: source http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscr...ost_likely_fake_ac5_press_release_i_found_on/

Dead

well not really...yet
Heh as someone else mentioned, this reminds me of that time last year when a poster saw AC Black Flags logo on someone laptop on a plane (which lead to a speculation thread).

If true I'll be a little disappointed, was really looking forward to Egypt.

I'll also be excited, as I would love to see the return to a vast urban environment like Italy. Plus, no doubt Ubi will put forth their best effort with a French location ;)

Yay for no cross-gen.
Egypt seems like too big a departure for a year after 4. Would have to be on a 2-3 year dev cycle. Euro setting could reuse lots of assets.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
cboapc5run.gif

Squire

Banned
They're also right on the ac:comet game. That title is ps3/360 only. They also have another game made by a third party studio. When i heard the studios name i thought to myself, no way is this real. Its like squarenix giving grin final fantasy.

Is it a JP studio?

I have a hard time believing that it'll be next-gen only, but everything else makes sense.
I do not recall where exactly I read this (but it was here on GAF), but didn't a developer say before AC4 released that the next installment in the series will dazzle fans because it would be built up specifically for next gen systems?

Can anyone else verify?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Ubisoft® Uncloak An All-New Era With Assassin’s Creed® V Paris, France - 04 Mar 2014
Today, Ubisoft announced Assassin’s Creed® V, the next major release in the award winning, best-selling franchise. Assassin’s Creed V serves as the introduction to an all new hero, setting and gameplay mechanics as the Assassin’s Creed franchise hits a new era.
Assassin’s Creed V has been in the development cycle for almost three years, at Ubisoft Montreal and Ubisoft Toronto with development support from Ubisoft studios at Annecy, Quebec and Montpellier. Assassin’s Creed V will release on the PlayStation®4 from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. The game will release worldwide on November 4, 2014.
In the events of the ongoing Industrial Revolution, Assassin’s Creed V follows the story of Samuel Fey, as he enters the Assassin Order in a time of change and Templar rule. Fey is a successful and respectful entrepreneur, who works outside the corrupt law to guarantee the security of his own and others’ futures. Taking place during the closing years of the Industrial Revolution in Victorian London, players will explore all new locales as they uncover the truth behind the hidden ongoing rebellion.
Assassin’s Creed V is the turning point for the franchise, featuring completely revised stealth and combat mechanics, powered by the next-generation Ubisoft AnvilX engine and all-new gameplay features and systems. While Assassin’s Creed acts as Ubisoft’s rescope for the franchise, it maintains the key touch points that the series is built upon.
Assassin’s Creed V can be pre-ordered at UBIShop® by visiting: http://shop.ubi.com/AC5
Limited, Collectors and Special Editions will be available after further information is uncovered in the coming weeks. For more details and information on Assassin’s Creed and Assassin’s Creed V, please visit: assassinscreed.com and facebook.com/assassinscreed.
©2014 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Assassin’s Creed, Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries.
Kinect, Windows, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft.

This rumor is heating up.

Thomper

There's some pretty crappy English in that press release, like it was written by a non-native speaker. Stuff like "Assassin’s Creed V has been in the development cycle for almost three years" is just badly written. Seems fake?

NekoFever

If it's true, I'll be happy. I've wanted Victorian London ever since they started hopping around different historical periods.

Spoiler: Jack the Ripper is a Templar.

Source:

http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscr...ost_likely_fake_ac5_press_release_i_found_on/

The key issue about this "press release" is the typo:

"Fey is a successful and respectful entrepreneur,"

It should be "Fey is a successful and respectable entrepreneur."

Pitmonkey

I do not recall where exactly I read this (but it was here on GAF), but didn't a developer say before AC4 released that the next installment in the series will dazzle fans because it would be built up specifically for next gen systems?

Can anyone else verify?

Two titles, for Next Gen, one for current gen.

Xater

There's some pretty crappy English in that press release, like it was written by a non-native speaker. Stuff like "Assassin’s Creed V has been in the development cycle for almost three years" is just badly written. Seems fake?

It also hits all the talking points of what people want out of AC, victorian London, revamped combat and stealth...

That smells super fake.

Raven77

a random guy on a plane tells you he's a dev, tells you stuff about the next game, and you believe him?

sounds legit

Guess you missed the part about this guy showing him a video clip.

Unless he's developing a mod or something like that and was just messing with him, it could very well be legit. Will be interesting to come back to this thread around / during E3 when this no doubt gets announced (or sooner).

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
krimsoncharge knew about AC4 details and now knows about the AC5 stuff.

Show me your miles & more card, you must be some frequent flyer.

Megasoum

Banned
So i was on a flight earlier today and playing liberation on my vita when the guy sitting next to me asked me what i thought about the game. I said it was pretty good to which he said that i will probably love the next one too. I told him that i already played black flag to which he smiled at me and said the one after that. Turns out that the guy was someone close to the series (dev/pr) and although he didn't disclose what exactly his position was, he did give me a fair bit of info on the upcoming title. My day was literally made when towards the end of our conversation he showed me a short clip about the game on his ipad. Mind you the guy was a not a native english speaker so there might be some errors in what he meant and i what i am posting here.

set in paris and england (london?)

main characters name is arno/harno something. will be heading the french divison of assassins.

looks to be set after the ezio period, character had handgun.

looks like victorian era judging by the way npc dressed, architecture, horse carriages parked on the streets.

Villa management is back. MC has his own villa (guy says its ezio's villa from AC:B). dunno if it makes any sense geographically or it might be a mistranslation.

codename is AC:unity. Not final title, might be battle/fight something (cant remember). The AC logo is cut in the middle like the beyond/quantum break logo.

MC has a blue suit with a tinge of red in the clip(might change). looked similar to the ones worn by the Knights in order 1886.

from the clip it looks like a cross gen title. Although the guy tells me its next gen only title.

Visually looked quiet decent but it was ver early footage. Had fantastic draw distance and crowd density was much higher than the older games despite them appearing/disappearing from thin air.

Thats all for now. I'll post if i remember anything more.

If he's french then it's probably spelled "Arnaud" which is a very common french name.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

yeah this is fake

Hoodbury

So i was on a flight earlier today and playing liberation on my vita when the guy sitting next to me asked me what i thought about the game. I said it was pretty good...

Well at least you didn't say it sucked or anything or else this would have been a shorter and less exciting thread.

sflufan

Banned
After the free-wheeling, rollicking adventure that was Black Flag, if this is true, then it sounds bloody dull.

KORNdoggy

I hope this is true. And as with anything of this era...i want jack the ripper. Don't care how or why, can be cheesy, like the assassins are the reason his killing spree ended and you get to do it. (Ok, hopefully not something that bad, but you get the idea)

Dezzy

I hope this info is wrong, because it sounds like a boring setting, and too similar to AC2-3. I'm really hoping for something more exotic with architecture and such that we just don't see much, like ancient Egypt, Aztec, Maya and the like.

Patof

Neo Member
Where were you flying to/from ?
Might be a good idea to find if this is fake or legit.
As always, Montreal, Annecy, Singapore should probably work on this as well.

So i was on a flight earlier today and playing liberation on my vita when the guy sitting next to me asked me what i thought about the game. I said it was pretty good to which he said that i will probably love the next one too. I told him that i already played black flag to which he smiled at me and said the one after that. Turns out that the guy was someone close to the series (dev/pr) and although he didn't disclose what exactly his position was, he did give me a fair bit of info on the upcoming title. My day was literally made when towards the end of our conversation he showed me a short clip about the game on his ipad. Mind you the guy was a not a native english speaker so there might be some errors in what he meant and i what i am posting here.

set in paris and england (london?)

main characters name is arno/harno something. will be heading the french divison of assassins.

looks to be set after the ezio period, character had handgun.

looks like victorian era judging by the way npc dressed, architecture, horse carriages parked on the streets.

Villa management is back. MC has his own villa (guy says its ezio's villa from AC:B). dunno if it makes any sense geographically or it might be a mistranslation.

codename is AC:unity. Not final title, might be battle/fight something (cant remember). The AC logo is cut in the middle like the beyond/quantum break logo.

MC has a blue suit with a tinge of red in the clip(might change). looked similar to the ones worn by the Knights in order 1886.

from the clip it looks like a cross gen title. Although the guy tells me its next gen only title.

Visually looked quiet decent but it was ver early footage. Had fantastic draw distance and crowd density was much higher than the older games despite them appearing/disappearing from thin air.

Thats all for now. I'll post if i remember anything more.

Spolier: You play as Jack the Ripper and Mary Ann Nichols, Annie Chapman, Elizabeth Stride, Catherine Eddowes and Mary Jane Kelly are Templars.

Now this, this would be an interesting marketing sell.

Can you imagine how much of a field day Fox News would have if Ubisoft released a game allowing you to play as the most famous serial killer in history? The outrage would be astronomical.

If this is true I hope they channel some of the fun and adventure that Alexandre Dumas had in his books. I'll play and imagine its the Three Musketeers game I've always wanted but will never get.

d00d3n

It seems pretty clear that either the OP is lying or this is real. Someone producing a fake trailer to show to someone on a plane to spread a fake rumor sounds extremely unlikely.

So, what is the post history like? If the OP has been a serious member for some time, why not trust him?

Top Bottom